Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 6:29 PM
Default How can I make custom workers (baristas, cashiers, etc.) on un-owned businesses?
Basically, I want to make my own workers because normally the game spawns in someone who doesn't look too fresh.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 6:58 PM
You could use the SimSurgery option to overwrite the appearance of the sims that have spawned. There's a version of SimSurgery - which you have to download as a separate plug in - which allows you to overwrite sims with sims you make in Bodyshop (and so avoid adding new sims to your neighbourhood). The plug in is by Theo.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You could use the SimSurgery option to overwrite the appearance of the sims that have spawned. There's a version of SimSurgery - which you have to download as a separate plug in - which allows you to overwrite sims with sims you make in Bodyshop (and so avoid adding new sims to your neighbourhood). The plug in is by Theo.

Thank you for you help! I didn't know SimPE even had Plugins! For anyone else interested, here is a link to Leo's AltSimSurgery: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=3563.0
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 7:49 PM
I would not have survived without that plugin you know.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
I would not have survived without that plugin you know.

Woah, spooky Mulder- I am using that very plugin as I read this! I wish Theo could know how much Sims 2 players appreciate his work- I wouldn't be without his CAS_Alieneyes and CAS_alienskin files, either.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:03 PM
Another option for a new hood is to use default face templates so the game spawns NPC's with those. .

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Link Ninja
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 9:54 PM
I just used the gussy up mod to go around and give all the NPC's makeovers. They look fresh as hell now. You can do it in-game. Now genetics won't translate if you have your sims couple with them but they aren't eyesores or anything.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2017 at 10:17 PM Last edited by maxon : 23rd Feb 2017 at 10:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Maquell
Thank you for you help! I didn't know SimPE even had Plugins! For anyone else interested, here is a link to Leo's AltSimSurgery: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=3563.0

It was designed that way - everything in SimPE is a plug in of a sort only some of them became permanent, like Bidou's Career Creator, where some are not. It's because it was an online collaborative effort. Quaxi set up the basic programme and then made it so that you could slot plug ins in - most of which were written by other people. RGiles and Numenor did the object workshop and so on, Inge and Peter Jones did some important stuff too (simatics editors - which is why you should respect her when you see her posting here). Quaxi, of course, did a huge amount and maintained the programme and the GUID database for a long time - it's why creators say thank you to him. (I think that's right - it was a long time ago). You've opened up the plug in folder now and you can see a lot of it there. As time went on it all gelled together. It's partly why SimPE is such a complex bit of kit - because people kept writing bits to do specific jobs.

And damn, I thought I added the link to an edit of my message - I must not have saved the message after the alteration. Anyway, you found it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
#9 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
I just used the gussy up mod to go around and give all the NPC's makeovers. They look fresh as hell now. You can do it in-game. Now genetics won't translate if you have your sims couple with them but they aren't eyesores or anything.

I may need to get my hands on that mod....

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Scholar
#10 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 6:25 PM
Yeah I hate how the game always spawns NPCs with that bulbous nose and random blonde hair that always pairs with skin number 4 for some reason.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Feb 2017 at 9:44 PM
Blonde + S4 works if you make the hair afro - the sims look Melanesian. Sure, there seem to be an inordinate amount of them but why not Or just change their hair and eyebrow colour to black and say they have a really strong recessive blonde gene.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...