Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#251 Old 31st Oct 2010 at 8:54 AM
You guys DO have a TSData folder - you're just probably looking in My Documents, not Program Files. If you didn't have that folder, your game wouldn't run.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#252 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 3:57 AM
great tutorial
I found your tutorial very helpful and have now made twonew casscreens . But I was wondering do you or any one else know how to make a yacas screen for university.
I attempted it but it didn't show up. I could use a little help.

Horse lovers are Stable Sims
Field Researcher
#253 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 4:40 AM
I realize this is a very old thread, but I didn't want to start a brand new thread just to ask this question, so here goes nothing:

What ever happened to the mentioned "second tutorial" that was supposed to explain all about using the invisible CAS objects during a custom CAS creation?

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Test Subject
#254 Old 21st Jan 2013 at 9:03 PM
I actually followed everything correctly an read it over and over an i cant find the lot in my bin when i start my game and go into the CAS neighborhood.. :/
Im not really sure what im doing wrong..i read it step by step over and over again, im using the 'AGS (Standard)' cuz i have all eps and sps, but i unchecked "Holiday Stuff' & 'Seasons' cuz you guys said it would freeze my sim an i dont want that xD
Banned
#255 Old 1st Oct 2013 at 8:29 PM
i've tried ags, but it does not work.
Instructor
#256 Old 14th Dec 2013 at 1:20 PM
I haven't read the comments, so I don't know if this has been said. If you have Seasons, you can edit the actual seasons so its just Summer all the time, it might rain, which might be kinda funny lol

Strays don't usually enter a house unless they are greeted first. So I doubt that would be a problem
Test Subject
#257 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 8:48 AM Last edited by Gamerdude364 : 10th Oct 2014 at 9:08 AM.
I'm up to step 10. but there's a problem:

When I enter to my created neighborhood (for example 'CAS') folder, I went to it's lots folder but there's more than one lots (there's 14 of them) and I don't know which one is my custom CAS lot
I swear I didn't place any lots in that neighborhood except 'jkgbkyuy'
-I'm playing The Sims 2 Ultimate Collections-

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it, Just copy the 'latest' lot
Test Subject
#258 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 9:12 AM
I'm playing The Sims 2 Ultimate Collections and I don't know if Basegamestarter will work for my game
I wish there is a other way to fix the 'freezing sims' bug

& the camera that doesn't show properly when my screen res is 1920x1080 -_-
Instructor
#259 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Solaria
Now I'll give up! I've tryed almost everyday but the CAS wont show up in the lot catalog! Help :P

Look at the very end... see if it is there...

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Test Subject
#260 Old 10th May 2016 at 8:24 PM
Default :(
Aww, this tutorial was so helpful, to bad it didnt work
Test Subject
#261 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:43 AM
Thank you so much! This helped me alot!
Test Subject
#262 Old 9th Jul 2018 at 5:15 PM
I've followed the tut, but I couldn't use the CAS I created because I'd only got a pale blue screen, no sim, no decoration, no anything... so I guess maybe i didn't use the correct CAS! file, I play Ultimate Collection, where is the CAS! file I should use or what is the last ep in UC? Thanks.

----

Quote: Originally posted by Gamerdude364
I'm up to step 10. but there's a problem:

When I enter to my created neighborhood (for example 'CAS') folder, I went to it's lots folder but there's more than one lots (there's 14 of them) and I don't know which one is my custom CAS lot
I swear I didn't place any lots in that neighborhood except 'jkgbkyuy'
-I'm playing The Sims 2 Ultimate Collections-

EDIT: Nevermind, I fixed it, Just copy the 'latest' lot

Good to know because it happened to me too.
Theorist
#263 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 11:18 AM
All the EPs have a GlobalLots folder, in which there is the same file CAS!.package. It doesn't matter which one you choose to import and edit in game. After you're done editing, in your Neighborhoods folder, the most recent lot added should be the CAS lot ("jkgbkyuy"). Copy that file to your Downloads folder and rename it from "N002_Lot23.package" to "CAS!.package". (Regarding struck numbers - your mileage may vary.)

If you decide not to have the CAS lot in your Downloads folder, you can place it in your GlobalLots folders - and you'll have to replace every file, for each EP.
Test Subject
#264 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 9:25 PM
Many thanks for this tutorial!
Test Subject
#265 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 6:48 PM
I installed that any game starter thing, couldn't get it to work and now my game launcher crashes whenever I try to load the regular game. somebody, anybody, please help
Test Subject
#266 Old 22nd Aug 2020 at 12:26 PM Last edited by Yolandi.Luther : 22nd Aug 2020 at 12:57 PM.
Thanks so much, and the patience too, I too was sitting here silently screaming at the silly questions as I was reading the comments lol. Also, some tips, put a fence around the lot to prevent strays or wolves etc. andif you can't find the lot file after making it use the boolprop showlotfilepackagefilename true cheat to find the name of the lot (in neighbourhood view hover over the lot with the cursor after putting the cheat in) it will show you where to find it as well, mine wasn't where i expected it to be and this helped me.
Test Subject
#267 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 2:20 AM
Great tute! I had actually seen that CAS! file before, but didn't know it was a lot. Anyway, thanks!
Page 11 of 11