Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 11:49 AM
Default Tutorial for a 2 click high foundation.
I've seen it done on my contest thread by Huge Lunatic so I know it's possible, I simply can't find a tutorial on how to do it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 12:50 PM Last edited by flatpack : 25th Dec 2017 at 9:30 PM.
http://www.modthesims.info/download...317#post2570317

Lvstndhrt on LiveJournal linked to this as their "how to". The grid adjuster seems to guide you through the process.

Edit: HugeLunatic's link is much better!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 2:07 PM
I use Grid Adjuster. Tutorial by shasta.

When I do it, I only make the foundation before adjusting. Shasta shows regular walls, but I use foundation, and I think they are cheaper.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 8:37 PM
Grid Adjuster is awesome. I regularly use it for that purpose.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Dec 2017 at 9:51 PM
I've never tried it, thanks guys. The shell of the building is already built and five stories high so this will be awesome to try out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 12:02 AM
Tell us how you get on - it can be a little tricky to use at first. I'd suggest a test lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 10:28 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 26th Dec 2017 at 10:55 AM.
Well, it made a lovely two click foundation but when I extended the foundation it warped the ground. I did a lot of smoothing on each floor with CFE but then realized I had a gap about many of the windows. I undid and redid some walls and it still wasn't fixed. I may have messed up with CFE or it may need to be smoothed then the foundation changed. I may use my lot copy and try again but make sure I have no CFE spikes on the lot before changing the foundation. Unlike the tutorial, moving and replacing the windows did not remove the gap above them, although mine only moved up by one click, not like hers which flew up above the roof. Could also be because it's a 5 story high building. Definitely a fiddling job.

Edit: Before deciding on the 2 click foundation I had used CFE to make a higher foundation as I wasn't sure what I wanted, I was playing around with the outside entrance. Just so you know what the CFE was that I used before trying grid adjuster. I had levelled the foundation back to normal height though before using it.

~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 10:56 AM
You usually have to grab and replace doors and windows - it's the cut out that causes the issue.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 8:49 AM
I posted a help thread http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...2&goto=lastpost I tried with the copy from the bin and it still leaves a gap. Grab and replace does not fix it. I am wondering if it's my buildings height.

~Call me Jo~