Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2011 at 7:12 PM
Default Those who have pre-ordered Generations for shipping, mind helping me?
Is the game showing up on your orders page in the EA store? I'm 95% sure I'm using the correct account that I purchased it on. I'm even logging in with the email that I got the confirmation on.

Would be cool if someone could help me out since this is my first time pre-ordering a shipped game with EA.

Also, I have the billing address different then the shipping. I'm guessing that's why?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st May 2011 at 9:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Odistant
Is the game showing up on your orders page in the EA store? I'm 95% sure I'm using the correct account that I purchased it on. I'm even logging in with the email that I got the confirmation on.

Would be cool if someone could help me out since this is my first time pre-ordering a shipped game with EA.

Also, I have the billing address different then the shipping. I'm guessing that's why?

I have the same issue here's the phone number for customer service 1-650-628-1005 I went through heck to get the number....I hope this helps.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:14 PM Last edited by jessica x gore : 31st May 2011 at 11:40 PM.
I'm was wondering this exact same thing. I've never pre-ordered a Sims game, but since they were offering Outdoor Living for free, I did. I haven't received my shipping notice email and I have no past/pending/present orders on my EA account. I tried the help chat on ea.com and that was a waste of 10 min because the guy only told me that it would be delivered within 5-6 days. That's not even what my question was. -_-

But thank you for the phone number. I'll give that a try. 45 mins. from now I should be talking to a real person.

Edit: I gave up on the phone call after 5 mins. Lol.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st May 2011 at 11:31 PM Last edited by Odistant : 1st Jun 2011 at 12:54 AM.
Thanks BKLatice for the number :D

Glad to hear I'm not the only one having this issue :S

Edit: Wow, seems like they are really busy today. Probably a lot of people wondering about the patch for generations

Edit2: I contacted them through Live Chat and they said my order was still processing. They offered me a downloadable version, but I'd rather have physical since I can get a downloadable too that way.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 12:56 AM
I haven't got the shipped email either. EA sucks. I talked to there chat line and they said my order went through. I should have just picked up the game. When they had outdoor living for free and free shipping I couldn't resist. Never again.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 1:23 AM
I also chatted with EA again. Apparently my order was still processing as well. So I canceled it and just got back from Wal-Mart with game in hand. Outdoor Living was not worth that much trouble or waiting. (I'm extremely impatient.) Now, I'm off to play....finally. ^_^
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 2:30 AM
I'm having the same problem. I received a confirmation email with an order number after my online purchase yesterday, but I have yet to receive a confirmation-of-shipment email. I've also verified that my credit card was charged yesterday. I just sent them an email via their customer service form.

UPDATE

As I was typing the above, I received a confirmation-of-shipment email from EA, including tracking numbers. I guess I should be more patient, but I've never ordered through the EA store before, so I had no idea what to expect.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 3:52 AM
I have the complete opposite problem.

This morning at around 11 three copies of Generations were delivered to my doorstep in separate boxes. The purchase hasn't shown up on my debit or credit card, though I did get a notice of payment and shipment for one game. What the hell?

I really don't want to pay over a hundred bucks for EA's mistake...
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 3:56 AM
I finally got the shipping information. You are right outdoor living was not worth this hassle. I will know for next time.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 4:35 AM
Just got my confirmations now. Yay!
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 8:02 AM
Hmmm

Is there a patch for non Generations EP yet?

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Instructor
#12 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
Hmmm

Is there a patch for non Generations EP yet?

No, as far as I can tell. Though I did notice a TS3W.exe file for the base game when previously it wasn't there.
Test Subject
#13 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 7:46 PM
This is my first time ordering as well [heck, the first time I'm getting a sims game when it comes out.], and reading all the stuff people are saying on the Sims3 forums has been making me really nervous. XD
My dad wouldn't give me the account username and password [he ordered it for me because I don't have anyway of paying online.], and said yesterday that he didn't have the shipping email yet [I don't know if he got it yet.]
I keep wondering if I'll end up with extra copies. XD [a lot of people say they've gotten extra. One person's record said that they were shipping four copies of the game. it's so weird.]
Test Subject
#14 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 7:50 PM
I think I got your copy of Generations because Best Buy sent me two.
Instructor
#15 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 8:07 PM
These many reports of multiple copies make me wonder if something isn't amiss somewhere in the distribution channel.

I used Amazon, and got one copy as I expected.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 1st Jun 2011 at 10:56 PM
It took a day to get email confirmation and another day to get a tracking number (and that is only for OLS, which is still sitting in a warehouse in KY last I checked). They still haven't given me a tracking number for the EP. (Hopefully, that'll just be another day). Coupled with the 2-3 day shipping, this makes the 5-6 day delivery mentioned by Jessica x gore seem valid. Pre-order and wait a week for your copy or forget about the free SP (that you already had if you really wanted it) and buy it as soon as it comes out.
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 3:19 AM
I preordered it because of the deal [my family {including me} likes to get good deals on things, so I jumped at the chance.]
I don't think it'll come until maybe next week, but they should [hopefully?] have a good patch out by then, so it isn't a huge loss. :/
we preordered on Sunday though, and I just asked him and he said he'd let me know when he gets anything. [so I presume he hasn't]

I guess I'm just a little nervous... ^^;
Forum Resident
#18 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 2:14 PM
Just another update:

No messages came over the holiday weekend. Tuesday a confirmation of order was sent. Wednesday a tracking number for the SP was sent. Thursday a tracking number for the EP was sent. Current Status: SP was still in same warehouse in KY, though it's due to arrive by the end of the day today. EP has a shipping label created, but no physical shipment has occured. Maybe I'll get the game and be able to play this weekend.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 4:47 PM
You guys aren't going to believe this. So I canceled by order Tuesday and went to Wal-Mart and bought it. Today I checked my email and I have two shipping notice emails. I looked up the tracking numbers and they are to be delivered today. (Yes, they still charged my card.) So what the heck am I supposed to do with two copies of the same game? Could I take it back to Wal-Mart with my receipt from the game I bought there? Bright side, I still ended up getting Outdoor Living for free but now I don't even know if I want it. It's tainted with all this EA mess. Lol.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 5:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jessica x gore
You guys aren't going to believe this. So I canceled by order Tuesday and went to Wal-Mart and bought it. Today I checked my email and I have two shipping notice emails. I looked up the tracking numbers and they are to be delivered today. (Yes, they still charged my card.) So what the heck am I supposed to do with two copies of the same game? Could I take it back to Wal-Mart with my receipt from the game I bought there? Bright side, I still ended up getting Outdoor Living for free but now I don't even know if I want it. It's tainted with all this EA mess. Lol.

As long as you have the receipt and it's not open I don't see why not. I use to work at Wal-mart and they had a very strict rule that if a game is opened you can only exchange it for the same game. Stupid, but if you bought a book you couldn't return or exchange it at all.

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clynnc19
As long as you have the receipt and it's not open I don't see why not. I use to work at Wal-mart and they had a very strict rule that if a game is opened you can only exchange it for the same game. Stupid, but if you bought a book you couldn't return or exchange it at all.

OK, thanks. That makes me feel a little better. I was worried about if they scanned it would it show that it didn't come from there or something. I don't know how that works, I've never worked in retail.

Well, if someone went and exchanged an open game for a packaged game couldn't they just take that one to another Wal-Mart unopened and get a full refund? That's what I would do. ^_^ I might understand why you can't take books back. Someone could read it and then just get their money back afterwards. But if they are going to do that then they should just go to a library.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 10:36 PM
I preordered the game(with outdoor stuff)

and today i only got outdoor stuff. Is that supposed to happen???
Field Researcher
#23 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jessica x gore
Well, if someone went and exchanged an open game for a packaged game couldn't they just take that one to another Wal-Mart unopened and get a full refund? That's what I would do. ^_^ I might understand why you can't take books back. Someone could read it and then just get their money back afterwards. But if they are going to do that then they should just go to a library.

It's a copyright thing. Idk I didn't work at the service desk. I worked in electronics and had to deal with many angry customers who where upset because they couldn't return opened games.

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Scholar
#24 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 7:22 PM
I pre-ordered it from Amazon about 3 weeks ago, and at about 2am this morning (today is the release date in the UK) they kindly sent me an email to say that it wouldn't arrive until next Tuesday, due to unprecedented demand! Sorry, but if you've gone to the effort to pre-order it ages in advance you should get it on time, because they know how many orders they have. Sounds like the last minute ones that have made the large demand have got my copy! *angry*

But then I got home from work today, and found an email sent at 17:45pm this evening saying it's been dispatched and is due to arrive tomorrow. One day late is better than 5.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.