Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 4:34 PM
Default Is it possible to set up a farmers market?
Heya, this may be a stupid question but I'm very new to OFB and not quite confident yet to experiment!

Riverblossom Hills is the perfect little village in my game (although the population is annoyingly expanding, I have about 4-5 new couples due to their extensive love storylines and they've all had 1-3 kids already) and I wondered if you could set up a business selling fish and fresh produce? I'm guessing you won't be able to use normal shelves as it will deteriate.

And has anyone already set up one (if you can)? I'd like to hear how you managed it! Crops do take a long time to grow.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 4:56 PM
When all my crops ran out, I just used the Maxis grocery shelf things until I got more fruit and veg to sell...

Rainbow Street: colourful starter homes.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 4:56 PM
To make it happen you will need 2 hacks. Go to Paladin's Palace (SimWardrobe) - Sims 2 - Objects - Business Facilitators and then get the Produce Packing and Fish Packing stations. These will allow you to pack the items for sale.

I haven't gotten that far in my new neighborhood because I'm still waiting for the big crop to come in. But my plan is to sell the food to everyone else in town. I'm hoping that it happens the next time I play that family.

Maybe someone else will post their experience prior to that.
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Nov 2007 at 5:05 PM
I also found this thread to be rather helpful in the idea of selling fruits, veggies and fish.

http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...92&page=1&pp=25

it also shows how some folks have been managing with this.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Nov 2007 at 7:23 PM
Okay, thanks! And Scout, that website was really helpful, I'm looking forward to trying out those objects!

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

#6 Old 6th May 2008 at 9:36 PM
I would like to set it up like this:

Family A grows all the produce and catches the fish -> packs it all with the packing station from simwardrobe -> sells everything to the guy who owns the grocery store in town -> he then sells everything to the population of the town who come to his store to buy groceries.

Now, I have a question with that. How can I sell the packaged produce to the guy with the grocery shop?
I mean, does he come to the family and buy the produce from them there (how?). Or does someone from the family go to town with the produce and sell it to him there (how?) By how, I mean step by step, how it will work. I am new to OFB so I have no clue how to set it up.

I have read about how to buy and sell stuff from the buy mode catalogue, but thats about it. :howdy:
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 6th May 2008 at 10:05 PM
The only way I can see you being able to do that is invite Guy B around to the house of Family A, and give him all the packed fruits/veg/fish via the Gift interaction. In return, when you next play Guy B, use something similar to the Checkbook from Paladin's Place in order to send money to Family A, then sell the fruits/veg/fish in the normal manner.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#8 Old 7th May 2008 at 8:15 AM
Too bad there isn't a way to actually sell things in this situation. But this will work too, in a round about way. I think I can have him pay the farmers with monique's computer that I have downloaded. Thanks SilentPsycho, for your explanation.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th May 2008 at 5:33 AM
You could have family A own a community lot that is like a fish market. Family B can take a taxi there & buy the fish. From their inventory stock the grocery. I modified one of PlasticBox's lots to change it into a fish market.