Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2008 at 3:38 PM
Default Contests/Competition on Community Lots
I am trying to avoid all hobby sims and lots but I still would like to have cooking contests and the likes. Is it possible to set these up on a community lots? If so, how would you go about it?
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st May 2008 at 4:33 PM
To hold a cooking contest on a community lot, just place the judging table on that lot. If you don't plan on having your Sim bring their contest entry from home in their inventory, you'll also want to place a refrigerator, counter and stove so they can prepare their entry on the spot.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 1st May 2008 at 4:46 PM
If you look in your lot bin, Maxis was kind enough (heh) to include a cook-off lot called
*Copurs Kitchen Cook-Off*. If you place it in your neighborhood, it will give you an idea about what is required for a community cook-off lot. Needless to say, it needs a little rehab (argh..the colors..they burn).

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st May 2008 at 5:38 PM
Is it the same for all hobby realated "contests"?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st May 2008 at 6:01 PM
some of the contests you can have at home, the dance and game contests are able to be done at home as long as there are enough sims on the lot to participate.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 1st May 2008 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mangaroo
To hold a cooking contest on a community lot, just place the judging table on that lot.

Actually, I meant to post and ask that before -- where is that table? I can't find it in the catalogue .. neither on residential nor on comm lots. I'm never ever going to resort to using a maxis lot in my game =).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 1st May 2008 at 10:33 PM
pb, have you looked through the Free Time collection folder?

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 2nd May 2008 at 3:37 AM
I think so, yes. Is it in there? Should I look again? (I probably checked out the collection right after installing, which would have been before I knew anything about food contests =)

ETA: Just went through the collection: no, it's not in there (neither in resi nor on comm lots). Sniff. So is there any way to do that competition thing without having to use one of those horrible Maxis lots?

ETA2: Solved it! After deleting the cache files (accessory.cache, groups.cache, cigen.package) the table now shows up for me. Much relieved!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#9 Old 7th May 2008 at 3:49 PM
I had the same problem of not being able to find the table..and I'm still being thick - where are those cache files hiding?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#10 Old 7th May 2008 at 4:52 PM
MyDocuments > EAGames > TS2 > groups.cache
MyDocuments > EAGames > TS2 > accessory.cache

Test Subject
#11 Old 7th May 2008 at 6:12 PM
Thanks plasticbox
*goes off to fix it*