Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2008 at 5:31 AM
Default Secondary aspirations. Conflicts?
Okay, this may be a bug, or it may be caused by some object conflict.

Violet Joque is a Popularity Sim. I gave her the secondary aspiration of Party Sim. But problems began after that. Her aspiration bar can go up, but it can't go down. It doesn't decay from platinum back to gold.

I have played with her for many Sim days now (she's grown up, moved out, married, maxed out on her career, has a kid...). I have experimented with her trying to discover the reason for this but can't find it. I have used up many of the Ren-Uyoo Orbs to change her aspiration and reset her secondary aspiration in all kinds of combinations. She only has this problem, that I have noticed, when she has Popularity/Party. I haven't tested this with any other sims, so I don't know if it's a universal problem or just Violet's.

Eagerly awaiting that Freetime Patch...
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th May 2008 at 6:45 PM
I *think* this is a freetime bug. As I recall ,the Pleasure aspiration was borked somehow. Resetting the aspiration fixes it. I believe it was addressed in either this forum, MATY or MTS2's tech help board (or all of them! heh)

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
#3 Old 20th May 2008 at 9:17 PM
Well, if your sim has all the possible points for those aspiration rewards (like Eureka!, Casanova, Summon Aliens, etc.) then they will be platinum for the rest of their life, just as if they'd achieved their lifetime want. Since your sim has married and had a child, then it is possible that they've done just that. This is a feature of Freetime, not a bug. Then again, you say it's only true when her aspiration combo is Popularity and Pleasure, so I'm not sure...
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st May 2008 at 6:44 PM
I have the same thing happening. But the thing is that when my female gives birth, they also have it stickied.