Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#276 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 2:57 PM
Story Title: Say Something
Genre: Romance
Synopsis & Recap: the family finds out Ophelia is alive, let the drama commence.
Word2,991/Picture 30

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Visit my tumblr
The Historical Sim
http://unsinkablejoe.tumblr.com/
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#277 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 3:07 PM
im really really sorry im late getting it in, Ive been busy and my free time is at night and i wanted to play sims 4 so i was putting off writing until the 6th but i was half way done and i started taking pictures on the 8th, for me me the sims 3 is SO SLOW, making a sim by scratch takes about 2 hours! i understand if you really do take 15 points off.

Visit my tumblr
The Historical Sim
Scholar
#278 Old 15th Sep 2014 at 8:18 PM
Just in case you didn't receive my pm Qnshr5, I am posting my entry today (as in, the next 24 hours regarding time zone differences). If I get a late penalty, I guess I'll just live with it lol
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#279 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:45 PM
Default Congratulations!
Sorry I don't have the scores breakdown today. I'm still waiting on comments from one judge. I want to put it all up together. Hopefully it will be going up soon. I wanted to go ahead and give you your scores so you can see how you did.

Round Four Winner's Circle:
1st Place: Freelala
2nd Place: Tamlyn
3rd Place: random_name

And the winner of the Horror vs Romance Story Contest is...
Tamlyn's "Daughter of the Witch" with a final score of 96.7! Congratulations Tamlyn!

Memory Games A Sims 3 Thriller Mystery
Forum Resident
#280 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 10:03 PM
Well it looks like Romance wins!

Congratulations Tamlyn!
Lab Assistant
#281 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:44 PM
Second place by half a point in my first contest in over four years?!? I can live with that! Congrats Tamlyn! You had an amazing story and a well-deserved victory.

Thank you judges and Qnshr5 for putting together an amazing contest. I have done a LOT of contests in my day and I can honestly say this was among the very best. This was a labor of love on your part that showed at every turn. The creativity and effort put forth by you and drawn out by the contestants was incredible. I need another one like this - and soon! What will it be next? Sci-Fi vs Fantasy? Comedy vs Tragedy? Ninja vs Samurai? I've got more. Seriously... thank you for an amazing experience, and I truly hope we'll see the likes of this again.

"Passion makes no accommodation for self-preservation."
Lab Assistant
#282 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:05 PM
Congratulations Tamlyn!

Visit my tumblr
The Historical Sim
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#283 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 9:59 PM
I will be posting the Scores Breakdown and Comments momentarily. I apologize that you had to wait so long for it all to turn out like this. I want to let you all know that there will only be comments from 2 judges: heaven and myself. I won't go into the details of why, but it is done with what's most fair to you in mind. I promise. That being said, you are free to tell each other what you thought of the other stories. Your feedback is almost as valuable as ours. Kidding. Kidding. Seriously, don't be afraid to share. (Nothing rude though.) I don't know when the thread will close so if you have something you'd like to share, I'd do it this weekend. If you want to be anonymous, you can PM me and I'll put your unofficial thoughts up.

@Freelala: Aw, shucks. Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the contest. I'd like to do another cycle in the future, but not too soon. I need a holiday and a vacation and a sabbatical!

@Everyone: Not to brag, but you were the best contestants ever! Seriously. Everyone was respectful, played nice, and even when things went wrong or there was something you didn't like, you never lost your cool. You guys and gals are awesome! And your stories were so good. Sims stories are not easy because you have to handle both writing and setting up pictures well. Add in limits and the curve balls of the contest and these can be the most difficult contests to do, but they are also the most satisfying and fun. People looking at the contest archives will be able to enjoy your stories for years. Be very proud of yourselves! :D

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#284 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 12:04 AM
Round 4 Scores & Comments
ROUND 4 SCORES

Below you’ll find your final scores. In the spoilers is the averaged score of each of the six main criterion and the judges comments (which have been mixed up so they aren’t in any order). For a further breakdown of each of the criteria from all three judges, click here for the score sheet. Scores Breakdown

Please note that while the scores on the spreadsheet are listed as per the contestant list, the judges have again been mixed so they do not reflect the list on the first post. This also goes for the order of the comments. If you have any issues, questions or concerns with your scores or feedback, please PM me. Do Not Contact the Judges! You do not know which judge did what so speak with me privately.

A Special Congratulations to the Fab Five who Completed the Contest & their Stories! Mr_Valentine90, random_name, SimsObsessed, Tamlyn, Freelala! Your hard work and creativity produced fun, enjoyable and memorable works of art. Thank you for sharing with us.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#285 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 1:57 AM
I've gone ahead and given the Fab Five their participation achievements (well, technically less than 5 since some of you are old hats at competing). Tamlyn has also earned a blue ribbon. Last but not least, our lovely host has more than earned her hosting achievement! I'm going to leave this thread open for another day or two for any commenting or perhaps participation feedback for your fellow contestants.

Thank you so much everyone. I truly enjoyed being a part of this contest and getting to read your lovely stories.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#286 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:04 AM
Thank you all!

I still haven't had a chance to read everyone's last chapters or look at the scores properly as I fell sick again (at least it waited until after the round end, right?) but I definitely look forward to getting to them. It's sad that we lost so many people at the last hump (insert some bad pun about horror and its disappearing writers here), but I'm glad we had as many as we did.

Thanks so much to Qnshr5 for hosting such a wonderful contest, and to our judges cherry and heaven (and I'm sure there were more or am I imagining things?).
Forum Resident
#287 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 11:36 AM
I just want to say thank you for those comments. I can't disagree with them.

The story was always more about the demon than it was anyone else.

I hadn't planned out David's story but left it open for what could be required during the contest and that obviously showed in his lack of character development and importance to the plot. Though I didn't notice he had fallen by the wayside until I read your comments.

I want to say thank you for helping me and giving me advice when I needed it. And for hosting this contest also.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#288 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:47 PM
Alright guys. No one seems to have checked in for quite a few days so I'm going to call this closed. Thank you again for all your hard work and the wonderful stories I got to read.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."

Page 12 of 12