Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 4:20 AM
Default Help with Greek Houses??
So, I just bought Uni. I have all of the other expansion packs, so I figured I ought to complete my collection. Thing is, I'm having some issues with figuring out the Greek system. There was another thread posted on this topic, but nobody quite answered the question, so I need to post again.

So....

I moved 3 guys from my Riverblossom Hills neighbourhood into a college dorm together. (Two are twins, and they are all best friends.) Anyways, they all joined a fraternity - the one with the 3 guys (Mickey, Matthew and Guy). So, they did, and they all phoned and moved into a Greek House. Thing is, I can't find them ANYWHERE. There are only 3 lots in that neighbourhood (Sim State University) that have people living in them, and none of them are mine.

Please help!!

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

"Ma'am, your eyes look red. Have you been drinking?"
"Officer, your eyes look glazed. Have you been eating donuts?"
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 3:37 PM
That is really weird. After they moved out into the fraternity, you should have found them standing by the mailbox when you entered the lot. Can other sims call them on the phone?

(If you have SimPe, do they appear in the Sim browser?)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Sep 2007 at 9:51 PM
Yes, I went to the house of the twins' parents and they could call them. And which lot are you talking about? I tried the only frat house on there, but that is the other frat, with the 4 guys, that my people didn't join.

I don't get it....

Oh, and the boys attend Sims State University.

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

"Ma'am, your eyes look red. Have you been drinking?"
"Officer, your eyes look glazed. Have you been eating donuts?"
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 2:46 AM
I dont know if this has been resolved yet but...

This sounds like more of a technical issue rather than a game-play problem. Try finding them with SimPE and extracting them. If they are lost somehow in your game, this really belongs somewhere on MTS2...
http://www.modthesims2.com/forumdis...iversity%20Only

Formerly known as boolPropped
#5 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 6:07 PM
i have a question too about greek house memberships. A few a my Student sims have been members of a greek house for 2 years now but so far i have seen anything of the claimed benefits. Are those benefits only availible if the sims lives in the Greek House?

My Students live in a custom made dorm.
#6 Old 4th Feb 2008 at 6:14 PM
I think you have to live in the greek house before you are able to assume free pizza and all the other benefits.
Test Subject
#7 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 10:30 PM
Another question!!! I want my sim to move into a greek house but the option doesn't come up on the phone...anyone know possible cause of this?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 10:36 PM
Have they joined the Greek society yet?

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 5:07 AM
no they haven't. One thought, could it be because I haven't made one/put one in cause I made a new uni neighborhood...
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 10:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sweet_alice
no they haven't. One thought, could it be because I haven't made one/put one in cause I made a new uni neighborhood...

Yes, you sort of need to have a Greek House already on campus before your Sims can join it, and after they join it they can move into it.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#11 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iampinkstar
I think you have to live in the greek house before you are able to assume free pizza and all the other benefits.

wow i didn't know you got free stuff for being in a frat! i thought any sim living in a dorm would come back with free stuff every now and again. but you mean it's specific to frats?
#12 Old 26th Feb 2008 at 4:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by georgiababe
I moved 3 guys from my Riverblossom Hills neighbourhood into a college dorm together. (Two are twins, and they are all best friends.) Anyways, they all joined a fraternity - the one with the 3 guys (Mickey, Matthew and Guy). So, they did, and they all phoned and moved into a Greek House. Thing is, I can't find them ANYWHERE. There are only 3 lots in that neighbourhood (Sim State University) that have people living in them, and none of them are mine.

Please help!!

They won't show up in the picture of sims in the (frat) lot until you visit that lot once.
Sorry if this seems obvious but you have been into the new lot haven't you? You haven't just looked at the picture and thinking they weren't there started to panic.

Sorry if you have and this reply is redundant but it's an easy mistake to make - I know I've done it before
Test Subject
#13 Old 14th May 2008 at 11:26 PM
If you have more than one University attached to that neighborhood, check the other one. I have Academe le Tour and Sim State on one hood, and when I click on Greek house from Academe le Tour, the Greek houses from both Universities show up.