Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 1:09 PM
Default Have your sims won a dance/cooking/game/etc competition?
The title is the explanation, people...

Well, I've only had one sim win a cooking contest. Another sim of mine feared on losing a gaming competition. She lost...Let's just say she went bonkers after that.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 1:21 PM
Same. Only tried the cooking contest so far. My sims won...might have helped that her cooking skills were maxed. Tried the online ssx comp but nothing happened. I'm not sure about the dance contest. Would like to have a go at that but i think it's at secret lots only?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 1:22 PM
my selfsim has won a gamers contest, a dance contest and a cooking contest. she is a very loved sim and gets invited to every secrtret lot and has hobby enthousiasm for almost every hobby and has all her skill points. she is also very competetive (and that's soo true.i'm too)
#4 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 1:27 PM
I haven't won anything yet!

I've only tried a cooking contest though.. and my sim was beaten by the chef-man who lives at the hobby lot.. he entered lobster and all she made was a berry pie! We were so cheated lol.

It upset me to lose too much so I haven't tried any others since :P
Instructor
#5 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 2:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by *katie*
I haven't won anything yet!

I've only tried a cooking contest though.. and my sim was beaten by the chef-man who lives at the hobby lot.. he entered lobster and all she made was a berry pie! We were so cheated lol.

It upset me to lose too much so I haven't tried any others since :P

Hmmm.... the chef on the secret lot in my game is a female.

Anyway, I have been able to beat her in the competition several times. Have topped her Cheesecake, Baked Alaska, and I'm not sure but I think it was the Appetizer plate, with a simple Berry Pie.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 5:20 PM
Only won a cooking contest and a dance contest. Though it took me five tries to win the dance contest and I won the cooking contest on the first try. I haven't beaten a gaming contest yet, my gaming sims always lose even though they have max enthusiasm and max logic skill, the gamer on the secret lot always win.
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 9:51 PM
I had Natasha Una enter a cooking contest at the Copur Kitchen place. She won with hamburgers (the other competitors had Gelatin and Grandma's Comfort Soup). Everyone else that I have sent to do various contests have lost.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 6th Apr 2008 at 11:19 PM
My Sephiroth Sim is a contest master. He's won both a dancing contest, two cooking contests, while his lover Cloud has won a gaming contest.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#9 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 4:08 AM
My sim won a cooking contest - her lobster beat out some salmon, custom french toast and (lol) poptarts.
#10 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 4:47 AM
Hrm, well, I've only ever entered one cooking contest and one dance contest. I sent Natasha Una in on a foray to the secret cooking lot and had her enter the contest with a nice sparkiling bass. And she lost. To the guy who entered the Grilled Cheese sandwiches. (First irony, I knew I should have had Natasha cook grilled cheese!) The guy in question was the pizza delivery boy (second irony... because, yeah, the delivery boy?) I laughed at this and haven't sent another Sim in since then.

The dance contest Natasha's teenage daughter won hands down. All though I think all the downtownies in that lot were drinking a few too many mixers that night by the way they were smustling around her... So, is that a fair win? :confused: I dunno, I claim it and the 500 simoleans resulting from it.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 7:22 AM
I entered a lot of contests and:
- I didn't win if the sim wasn't in the Zone
- If the sim was in the Zone, i won for about 8/10 contests
Inventor
#12 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 8:02 AM
I was quite surpriced to have won the cooking contest with asim who had 3 points in cooking skill, the winning recipy? Grilled cheese sandwich :D

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
#13 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 6:05 PM
Grilled cheese sandwich? Oi, is there some backward conspiracy about the cooking contests we should be warned about? Anyway, Natasha was a point shy o maxed out in cooking when I took her to the cooking contest. She was not in the zone either (I've yet to max out the cooking hobby on her...)

As far as the dance contest went, little miss Luisa Mole had only three points in the music and dance hobby and she won the contest. She has considerable Body points though, and some creativity. So, I'm not so certain that being in the zone has much to do with anything. Perhaps it had more to do with the fact that my downtownies were even lower rated on all aspects related to the contest than Louisa was. *shrugs* I'm not sure, I'm fighting the bug on the dance hobby lot concerning starting contests. They never actually do (A known bug, I'm not arguing that point), start that is, so I can't compare my Sims easily to others who may actually have skill in these areas...
Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 7:02 AM
Yeh hey i won a dancing contest on the second go!! My sim was too overjoyed and i was so proud that i bought him a bush lol
Test Subject
#15 Old 18th Apr 2008 at 1:53 AM
Yeah, I won a cooking Contest with Lobster, and a Gaming contest!
Instructor
#16 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 4:06 AM
I have my sims won a Cooking and a Gaming contest. Never a dance contest, yet,
Test Subject
#17 Old 21st Apr 2008 at 8:42 AM
Entered a few cooking competitions with a 2-2 record One of the times my controlled Sim lost, it was a Sim from another family that won, and she got the plaque, the aspiration points and probably the prize money too, so that was a consolation. :D

P.S. I've not tested this thoroughly yet, but the judges really seem to like Grandma's Comfort Soup...give it a go...
Test Subject
#18 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 2:39 PM
I have no idea how to get my Sims enter such a competition. Except gaming which I know it starts when there's two computers on the same lot and didn't came with FT.
#19 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 3:03 PM
the minute i got the freetime ep, the first family i played was the cooke family in desiderata valley. i took julien to a lot and entered him in a contest with blueberry pie and he won! i love the little blue ribbon they get.
#20 Old 23rd Apr 2008 at 3:42 PM
My favorite sim of the moment won four cooking contests--all with the Seasons fish dishes, a gaming contest and a dance contest. Her daughter is just like her--competitive to the bone, lol. Her daughter's won three dance contests, and the granddaughter's a toddler, so she's not gonna be doing anything anytime soon, lol.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 24th Apr 2008 at 10:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Arbacés
I have no idea how to get my Sims enter such a competition. Except gaming which I know it starts when there's two computers on the same lot and didn't came with FT.

To enter a Cooking Contest, you have to become a member of the Club first. Then you can do contests on the Secret Lot. n_n

Dunno what it's like for other hobbies because Cooking is all I've done so far, but I assume it's the same for some.

And that's the only contest my sim won. First try too. Cuisine wasn't maxed and she didn't have that many cooking skill points, so I expected her to lose big time. Especially when all the other contestants put much fancier meals on the judging table. D: My sim only made pancakes. But she won! I was stumped. xD

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
#22 Old 8th May 2008 at 10:48 PM
every cooking contest i've entered my sims have won but whenever i've tried to start a gaming contest nothing happens, my sim sits at the pc, goes to start the contest and then just stands up and walks away. I haven't even tried the dancing one yet.

leenetje - I don't know how your sim finds time to do all that, I find it hard just fitting one hobby in. do you use cheats?
Alchemist
#23 Old 8th May 2008 at 10:49 PM
Only a dancing contest, but the sim in question had full interest in the hobby and plenty of creativity and body skills...nobody else has managed to so far. It's rather unfair because all sorts of townies join who have a high skill/hobby level assigned to them...

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Forum Resident
#24 Old 8th May 2008 at 11:52 PM
I had one Sim win a dance contest twice. Which was odd because her twin sister had higher enthusiasm for dance and was in the same contest but I guess body skill counts the most.

I don't do contests or hobby lots all that often as I find gaining enthusiasm pretty boring.
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th May 2008 at 11:41 AM
Default dancing contest
Quote: Originally posted by starwyn
I'm not sure about the dance contest. Would like to have a go at that but i think it's at secret lots only?

All you need for the dancing contest is a dj booth you can easily have a contest at your home
Page 1 of 2