Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Elsewhere -- Neighbourhood with lots

by plasticbox Posted 19th Mar 2009 at 7:52 PM - Updated 13th Jan 2015 at 4:21 AM by plasticbox

361 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 325 Feedback Posts, 35 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 12 of 15
Scholar
#276 Old 21st Aug 2009 at 7:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Wasn't OfB released before Seasons? (I don't play TS2 anymore, and the heat is killing my brain … sorry for the dumb question)

If it was, then the neighbourhood won't work for you at all. If it wasn't, then all of the Seasons stuff will be missing, which is quite a lot.

Indeed, OfB was released before Seasons (if I remember correctly, it would be University, Nightlife, and then OfB).

Ahh, okay. I guess from here on out I'll just be playing with Middleground and all your other lots.

Thanks for the response.
Scholar
#277 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 7:16 AM
I finally reinstalled Seasons and downloaded this neighborhood.

However, I've noticed that the sidewalk tends to have slices of desert terrain over the gray ones. Is this normal? See the screenshot here.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#278 Old 6th Sep 2009 at 6:03 AM
Yes, that's how it's supposed to look like.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#279 Old 9th Sep 2009 at 9:10 AM
top upload ! am downloading now. will install later cheers 5*****
Test Subject
#280 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 2:16 PM
been using this hood for about a day. great design, have found no probs as yet. have all ep's so should be ok. must have taken a LONG time to complete hood. cheers avid s2 fan
Test Subject
#281 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 4:52 AM
You are absolutely fantastic. I've had this 'hood, and your other two, for quite awhile, but due to problems with my game I never got to REALLY look at them. I'm currently discovering how completely awesome Elsewhere is. Thank you, so much.
Test Subject
#282 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 6:57 PM
WOW!! I love it. Great job and thank you for your quality of work!! Great job again if I already did say it. LOL!!
Forum Resident
#283 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 6:24 AM
This is an amazing neighborhood! Can't believe the amount of creativity that went into building it! I particularly love the island house. Thanks!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#284 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 3:21 PM
adventureman, please post in the "Invisible pond" thread with this (see link in post #1), it's an issue with that object. It's normal for ponds to become unfishable during winter (same behaviour as regular ponds), but they should "unfreeze" in spring. I think you can try deleting and re-buying them, other than that please talk to the creator. Thanks.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
#285 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 3:45 PM
you should be really proud of urself. This is amazing!
Great lots, great space. I want to delete my neighborhoods now and make better ones haha XD
Test Subject
#286 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 8:55 AM
Default thanks
thankyou for your advice .. will post in correct sections from now on
<```newbie me !

your advice sorted it

TY
Field Researcher
#287 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 1:18 AM
My god!! A whole neighbourhood!! Unbelievable....
I absolutely LOVE it and can't wait to play it!! (Unfortunetly I don't have much time for Sims... will have to wait at least a few days)
Thank you so very much :-)
Lab Assistant
#288 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 4:03 AM
umm im not sure if i put all the files in the rite place cos i no that the family thumbnails one needs to go in some other file and the other ones need to go in the neighbourhood file... ??? oh yea i fell in love with your beautiful work its extremly gorgoes but this is my only problem.

Hi.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#289 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 4:19 AM
Please make an effort to type readable English. I have no idea what you are talking about. The installation instructions are in the "Installation instructions" tab.

Test Subject
#290 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 4:05 AM
Hi, plasticbox. I don't know if you remember me, but i tried to download your neighborhood about a year ago. for some reason, I couldn't. Anyways, I've tried it again and realized what the problems were - the files included in the custom content and neighborhood downloads don't seem to want to be transferred into my folders. After working around those and re-creating my own, I have managed to download everything! I'm so excited and I cannot wait to play this neighborhood!
-Cosmo
Test Subject
#291 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 5:05 PM
Lovely,this amazing!
Test Subject
#292 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 5:12 PM
Hi Plasticbox

First of all, thank you for the wonderful neighborhood. It's absolutely fantastic. I do have a problem though. I followed the proper installation of the CC and Neighborhood, and proceeded to make a sub-neighborhood with this. I downloaded the HoodReplace application as you suggested and copied the information from the N515_Neighborhood.package to the new neighborhood. All the "replace" boxes were already checked, as well as the "Fix Elevation" under Lots. Upon opening the game and the neighborhood, it was all perfect except that there are no lots at all. The terrain, 'hood decorations, etc. are all there except the lots. Any idea how to fix this?

Thank you
Test Subject
#293 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 7:08 AM
A wonderful neighborhood, thank you so much. I have learned a lot about the game from using this neighborhood, I didn't even think of running a school, for example, not to mention using Mootilda's great tools. The links to tools and tutorials made it easy to incorporate this into my existing game as a new downtown. I downloaded this a few weeks ago, and I have not yet moved any sims into any lots, I am still exploring the buildings, many of which are beautifully designed with great attention to detail. They all seem to hang together so well, I am hesitant to change any building, or even furnishings, without very careful thought.
Test Subject
#294 Old 31st Dec 2009 at 9:16 PM Last edited by ilovemyteddy2 : 31st Dec 2009 at 9:55 PM.
Okay i downloaded your Elsewhere neighborhood and I have a problem with the 5 Panorama Bay house. When my sims are anywhere on the top or middle floor and I try to make them go to the ground floor this speech bubble appears: http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/...ims2problem.jpg and they can't move so I have to use moveobjects_on to move them downstairs. Do you know what that is? And how can i solve this problem?
Test Subject
#295 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 5:49 AM
Wow! This neighbourhood is very detailed! Must've taken you a reeeeally long time! It rocks! =D

It just won't happen. Give up.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#296 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 8:19 AM
ilovemyteddy2, that's the column near the landing that is interfering. Maybe you accidentially moved it? It's very finicky, one micron too close and it'll block the stairs. Move it away just a tad, then they should be able to pass.

Test Subject
#297 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 10:36 PM
Okay, thanks! I tried it and it worked.
Test Subject
#298 Old 21st Mar 2010 at 12:46 AM
amazing : DD
congratulations!!

The Sims 2 Brasil
Test Subject
#299 Old 31st Mar 2010 at 7:02 AM
Sorry, if this has been addressed. But I downloaded the hood, installed it and it has no lots. I was under the impression that this hood came with all the lots? What am I dont incorrect? thank you!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#300 Old 1st Apr 2010 at 10:20 PM
outmask1: It does come with lots. If it fails to install correctly for you, please list in a lot more detail exactly what you are doing, so that others have a chance to figure out what is going wrong.

Page 12 of 15