Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 12:46 AM
run a hotel as a business?
i cant remember but is it possible for me to run a hotel as a business? im sorry if this has already been asked before.

Pancake Bob for President!
Advertisement
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 12:52 AM
No you can't, sorry.

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 12:53 AM
ok thanks

Pancake Bob for President!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 1:36 AM
Well you can try and come close with mods.

Some of the ways I have done this is you can buy a community lot done up as a hotel and pretend it's running as a hotel. Simply use the ticket machine to make money and have things like you might find at a resort like a pool or a gym or games room. If you make a sim selectable and you have a sleep in bed mod you can tell them to go sleep in a bed. If you use the customer selector you can set the type of business so sims come with fun low and will go use these objects. You can also select how many customers you want so you could make it three, make all three selectable and make them all take a room and sleep the night. You need to use regular doors or the uni dorm doors for this.

I have also done a B&B as a residential lot. Mostly I place newly made sims there. I have two rooms each with private bathroom and use the uni door to keep rooms private. The owner provides cooked meals like a B&B does. They normally stay a week and i have them give money to the owner via the wallet controller by Christianlov.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2014 at 4:54 PM
There is a hotel controller at simlogical, it's something to do with a playable sim owning the rights to the lot? Not sure if it works like an OFB business would, though.

I sometimes convert hotel type lots in normal hoods into apartments and play those for sims who are between lodgings or just need a change of scene for a little while, or have been kicked out by their husband/wife etc!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...