Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 9:20 PM
How to tell a sim's gender?
Hello!

I did try the search and google, but nothing helpful showed up, so... am I blind or is there no possibility to tell another sim's gender? I
know "my" own by using the dresser, and most sims can be told apart by looks or name. But not all are obvious, and I am a bit confused.

It'd be even better if I could see transgender sims' chosen gender as well.

I play Sims in German, so I apologize in advance for any "funny/wrong English term" I might use when describing something about the game. ;)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 14th Mar 2017 at 11:44 PM Last edited by MiniMimi : 15th Mar 2017 at 12:01 AM.
I too have been having a hard time with some elders with not obvious names. There is no way to see that in the UI. In the relationship panel it could be precised depending of your language (it's the case in French for the tags used like Unknown, Friend or Neighbor). In my case all I have to do is to meet them and see the gender of the tag in that relationship panel. For English games the only easy trick would be to send the sim in CAS and see what clothing are defaulted to him/her. Get together has a huge dresser that lets you change the outfits of an unselected sim so that could help. At the last resort you could of course go into 'Manage world' and find that sim to go into full CAS mode but you first have to find that sim and it's a long method. It easier to shift click and select edit in CAS with testing cheats on.
Scholar
#3 Old 15th Mar 2017 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mikikitty
Hello!

I did try the search and google, but nothing helpful showed up, so... am I blind or is there no possibility to tell another sim's gender? I
know "my" own by using the dresser, and most sims can be told apart by looks or name. But not all are obvious, and I am a bit confused.

It'd be even better if I could see transgender sims' chosen gender as well.

You should get Show/Search Sim Info Mod, because it will show you that and a lot more - I couldn't play without it now.
Scholar
#4 Old 17th Mar 2017 at 8:45 AM
right click sim and choose the change appearance option, when cas opens you can see what their gender is there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Mar 2017 at 8:51 AM
Thanks four your helpful replies... goog to know I'm not totally blind. ^^ I think I'll donwload that recommended mod, as I don't want to (by cheat?) change the warddrobe of random sims I encounter.

I play Sims in German, so I apologize in advance for any "funny/wrong English term" I might use when describing something about the game. ;)
Test Subject
#6 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 3:46 AM
Best Option (if willing to use mods)!
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
You should get Show/Search Sim Info Mod because it will show you that and a lot more - I couldn't play without it now.

I tried this. Amazing mod, thanks so much!!

~SimReviews
Scholar
#7 Old 6th Apr 2017 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimReviews
I tried this. Amazing mod, thanks so much!!

~SimReviews

Yea! Glad to hear! It's a fabulous mod - couldn't play without it!