Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Nov 2016 at 2:12 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Peggyzone hairs not showing up
Honestly, I wouldn't be posting if I weren't stumped on this. I've been playing Sims 3 for a long time and have tried everything I can think of. I'm not a newb at this. Like I said, I've been playing for a long time and have learned a lot over the years. I thought I could figure this out on my own, but I'm getting nowhere.

I have a ton of cc hair files that I wanted to cull and to that end, I've been putting them in the game in small batches so I can see them in-game and see which ones I want to keep. For some reason, the Peggyzone hairs aren't showing up. I had them merged with S3PE at first, and, thinking that might be the problem, I put the files in loose instead. Still, no Peggyzone hairs. The other hairs, like Skysims and Newsea hairs show up, but not Peggyzone. I don't get it. They've shown up in the past. :/

I did recently reinstall my game. Could that be it? I really don't want to have to reinstall again. Ugh.

What should I do, please?

Thank you!

Edit: And I have Island Paradise, University, and Into the Future installed. I didn't install the others. Maybe that's why? I just don't know.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 6th Nov 2016 at 2:55 PM
Hi There mirabellarose. Afraid I won't be much help with regards to merged files as I do not merge. However, merging objects and hair, those sort of things should not be problematic.

Probably a stupid question but for clarity's sake I'll ask When you say you do not see Peggyzone hairs do you mean they are not in CAS or are you just looking at them on your sims in-game as you mentioned in your post to see which ones you want to keep?

You could try downloading a couple of the 3Packs to the Downloads folder and see if the Launcher recognizes them as already installed.

It sounds like something went missing during your reinstall but not sure if not installing the other EP's would impact that. Hopefully someone in here will have a better take on this and be able to help.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2017 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
Hi There mirabellarose. Afraid I won't be much help with regards to merged files as I do not merge. However, merging objects and hair, those sort of things should not be problematic.

Probably a stupid question but for clarity's sake I'll ask When you say you do not see Peggyzone hairs do you mean they are not in CAS or are you just looking at them on your sims in-game as you mentioned in your post to see which ones you want to keep?

You could try downloading a couple of the 3Packs to the Downloads folder and see if the Launcher recognizes them as already installed.

It sounds like something went missing during your reinstall but not sure if not installing the other EP's would impact that. Hopefully someone in here will have a better take on this and be able to help.

It's been forever since I posted this, but I thought I should share what I found out. I took those files that weren't showing up (can't remember if they weren't showing up in live mode or in CAS) and opened them with S3PE. The files are missing a lot of what goes into a file. For instance, I noticed they're missing the Bone files, which I think are the joints. That would explain things, I believe. Not sure how to fix that short of cloning an EA hair and swapping out the meshes and textures. I've never converted hair before, though...
Anyway, thought I'd update.