Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#26 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 10:35 PM
If you need translators I'm volunteering to translate it into Brazilian Portuguese
Advertisement
Inventor
#27 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 11:21 PM
I can translate it to spanish if you want
Supreme Social Simmer
#28 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 11:27 PM Last edited by kwillag : 6th Oct 2009 at 11:37 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Dizor

(Sorry about the size)

Kinda like like this (thanks dizor) though I am testing these sliders and they can't make the ears pictured unless there is something I'm missing? As for the down turned point, think Vulcan only instead of pointing up they point down or at some angle in that degree (kinda like a demon like ear),
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/...costumeears.jpg
ignore the bouble pointyness

or

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/...46757205jpg.jpg

will these help?

sorry for the direct links but insert image isn't seeming to work for me
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#29 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 12:07 AM
Fantastic! One of the biggest disappointments of the game is fixed. I will eagerly test these.
Test Subject
#30 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 1:29 AM
These are perfect. Thank you for making our game more fun. If you need someone to translate into Dutch, maybe I can help.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#31 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 2:21 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 7th Oct 2009 at 2:46 AM.
Anyone who can translate, please do so! Just post them here, I guess, or pm me. (Translations for 'ear points', 'ear points - back', and 'ear tilt'.) Thanks! I did French and will update the packages when I have a few more. Untranslated regions will see the labels in English, which should at least be better than hex.

Kwillag: I see what you mean - will work on it as either an alternate slider or possibly the reverse direction of the current slider.
Forum Resident
#32 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 3:03 AM Last edited by jmtmom : 7th Oct 2009 at 4:06 AM.
Just wanted to report back that these are fantastic in game. I absolutely love them. You have fixed a gaping hole in the game for me.

<-------------- Note new elf-eared avatar
Inventor
#33 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 4:31 AM
'Ear Tilt' --> 'Inclinación de las orejas'
I'm not sure about the other two, what do they exactly do?
Field Researcher
#34 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 10:25 AM
This is German:

Ear Points - Ohrspitze
Ear Points Back - hintere Ohrspitze
Ear Tilt - Ohrneigung

oepusims.tumblr.com. I don't take request. I have 2 children and few freetime. Use my creations as you wish. You don't have to ask.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#35 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 12:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anubis360
I'm not sure about the other two, what do they exactly do?

They put a pointy tip on either the top of the ears or the back of the ears. My best guess for Spanish is: 'Punta de las orejas' and 'Punta de las orejas dorso'.
Test Subject
#36 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 1:14 PM
It's awesome. *_*
Inventor
#37 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 1:34 PM
So:
'Ear Point' --> 'Orejas en punta'
'Ear Point - back' --> 'Orejas en punta por detrás'
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#38 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anubis360
So:
'Ear Point' --> 'Orejas en punta'
'Ear Point - back' --> 'Orejas en punta por detrás'

Thanks - my long-forgotten high school Spanish is not exactly fluent.
Inventor
#39 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 6:31 PM
No! You're spanish is pretty good! (at least that phrase)
You translated perfectly, I've just change the words to make it more understandable.
Forum Resident
#40 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 10:40 PM
In Brazilian Portuguese:

Ear Points - Orelhas Puntudas
Ear Points Back - Orelhas Pontudas Por Tras
Ear Tilt - Inclinação das Orelhas
Supreme Social Simmer
#41 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Kwillag: I see what you mean - will work on it as either an alternate slider or possibly the reverse direction of the current slider.

I actually like how large the ears can get currently, I don't know if making it part of the current point slider would affect the size, but a separate slider that works as a point rotation, set up like your other sliders (start bottomed out) would be cool, (is there enough room in the ear section for another slider?) and the more you slide it the more it would angle.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#42 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kwillag
I actually like how large the ears can get currently, I don't know if making it part of the current point slider would affect the size, but a separate slider that works as a point rotation, set up like your other sliders (start bottomed out) would be cool, (is there enough room in the ear section for another slider?) and the more you slide it the more it would angle.

I was thinking of that - it would be nice to make it possible to combine the two effects so I'm leaning towards a separate slider. (Also I don't know if I CAN make a facial slider with two different morphs.) Both are morphs applied to the same base ear model, so it's not a matter of rotating the ear point but of making a new morph and hoping they combine with the right effect. I haven't actually tried it yet, but soon.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 12:02 AM
Elle with "new" ears

Mad Poster
#44 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 1:22 AM
I am posting to let you know that 2 out of 3 children inherited the ears, born to a family I am playing with the father having the pointed ears. Thanks again for sharing a wonderful mod.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#45 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 9:07 AM
CmarNYC: With regards to the different morphs - each facialblend links to a BGEO and you have 1 facialblend for left and another for right sliding, so it's technically possible to make the "left" slider actually make the ears do something completely different.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Site Helper
#46 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 1:56 AM
Snagged and testing! (Suddenly Sims 3 is looking a whole lot more interesting. )

Edit: This was a great anniversary present! Thanks!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
#47 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 6:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kwillag
Kinda like like this (thanks dizor) though I am testing these sliders and they can't make the ears pictured unless there is something I'm missing? As for the down turned point, think Vulcan only instead of pointing up they point down or at some angle in that degree (kinda like a demon like ear),
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/...costumeears.jpg
ignore the bouble pointyness

or

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/...46757205jpg.jpg

will these help?

sorry for the direct links but insert image isn't seeming to work for me

Actually, you can do it with the sliders provided, just mess around with the Tilt and the default rotation options to get the sideways ears. Dont use the point slider too much since it causes the ears to point upwards. If you dont mind slightly rounded ears, it works well, but tweek it slightly here and there and you should get something towards what youre looking for :D
Supreme Social Simmer
#48 Old 9th Oct 2009 at 7:57 PM
Yeah Dizor, I totally missed that the first time, but then I did some tweaking and now I have loads of characters I have made, I can't wait for these to go live so I can share my creations.

I also noticed that the gene melding of different sized ears through offspring works great too, genetic heritage is always a good thing .
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 3:56 AM
Thank you so much!!!!!
I've been looking for something like this. I found two great accessory ears at http://4thimpact.sakura.ne.jp/SnakeLegs/CAS/cas07.html (thank you JillianWong for telling me where to find these!) , but they were a little hard to match with the skin of my sims. THIS IS PERFECT!!!!!

Thanks again!

When a girl has become one with her pony, she feels ultimate togetherness and love. The pony, on the other hand, just wants her messy bran slop and to go back to her warm, comfy stall for the rest of her life. Things such as this are different as you would think it to be.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#50 Old 11th Oct 2009 at 4:27 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 11th Oct 2009 at 1:18 PM.
Many thanks to everyone who gave feedback - thanks for the suggestions, for testing inheritability, for the translations, and for showing me the beautiful Sims and icons you've already made. Version 3 is posted and that should be almost the final version outside of a fix for minor gapping in the child mesh and any additional caption translations I get before I submit this.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: requested
Page 2 of 3