Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#1751 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 1:54 PM
I don't know, maybe i'll try this simport thingy just to see how it works, and, amybe, I 'll even like it, but I have a question: will it cause additional lag? My game started to lag like hell in big overcrowded 'hoods and on big lots, after i installed Pets. I fear, simport is gonna make it explode.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#1752 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 2:23 PM
Quxxn got the game and posted two gameplays.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuMN...=2&feature=plcp
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1753 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 3:03 PM
"Compliment Self" =

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Scholar
#1754 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 3:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SommarBlomma
I don't know, maybe i'll try this simport thingy just to see how it works, and, amybe, I 'll even like it, but I have a question: will it cause additional lag? My game started to lag like hell in big overcrowded 'hoods and on big lots, after i installed Pets. I fear, simport is gonna make it explode.

You should try it with a fake/dedicated account, not your main facebook one.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Instructor
#1755 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 3:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by emino

Installing.

Is that the computer you play your game on??

I'm playing on a laptop, too, and it feels like it's already bursting at the seams - I'm not sure if it will even run SHT at this point. =(

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Scholar
#1756 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
Is that the computer you play your game on??

I'm playing on a laptop, too, and it feels like it's already bursting at the seams - I'm not sure if it will even run SHT at this point. =(

Laptop vs desktop isn't really a sign of...uh...power? Capability? Seams-bustability? these days. A lot of laptops are designed to be used as the owner's main computer (mine for instance) and are built to match, so they need to have larger harddrives, better graphics, etc than a laptop would generally need to have, since everything the owner is doing on the computer is being done from that one computer.

Instructor
#1757 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 4:15 PM
That's true. I guess it just felt like my desktop didn't have the type of issues that my laptop has. It started out great and would run the game with no issues, but now with all the added EP's and stuff, just getting into Create-A-Style is a lag-fest - not to mention gameplay.

But that's totally off the topic, heh. So, the latest thing I've heard about Showtime is that the new neighborhood is pretty boring and doesn't seem like it will be a place that can be easily expanded to fit in other EP specific venues...

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#1758 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 4:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Redhead Creations
That's true. I guess it just felt like my desktop didn't have the type of issues that my laptop has. It started out great and would run the game with no issues, but now with all the added EP's and stuff, just getting into Create-A-Style is a lag-fest - not to mention gameplay.

But that's totally off the topic, heh. So, the latest thing I've heard about Showtime is that the new neighborhood is pretty boring and doesn't seem like it will be a place that can be easily expanded to fit in other EP specific venues...

Back when I was barely playing TS3, my husband bought me a laptop to replace my 6-7 year old desktop. It seemed great at first but now I am realizing that 4GB of RAM and the graphics card on here are not meant for simming, no matter what the Geek Squad tells you!!! I just started a new job so will be saving up for a shiny new desktop.

I -live- near LA so I have no desire to play in a neighborhood like it either. The brown, the lack of trees; it just makes me depressed!!! Plus, one of my biggest pet peeves with each new world is the lack of room/lots/space for previous EPs. I did NOT spend $30-$40 on an EP that I can no longer utilize well in the next world. So, I am on the hunt for a new world (though that is a perpetual thing) that I will love. Unless I finish mine which I don't have high hopes for.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1759 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 4:57 PM
Where's that wall mounted pull-up bar.

Field Researcher
#1760 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 5:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Where's that wall mounted pull-up bar.

The one I've seen didn't really seem mounted, it doesn't need to be put against a wall. It's in hobbies and skills, exercise category.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1761 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 5:45 PM
The one in the first trailer...

45 seconds in: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw2SXuHyjLQ

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1762 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:50 PM

What is this? I saw it as a desk in front of a club, and have no idea what it's for. I can't grab it, or clone it. :/

Alchemist
#1763 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

What is this? I saw it as a desk in front of a club, and have no idea what it's for. I can't grab it, or clone it. :/

It's showing you where to pee?
Instructor
#1764 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 6:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Back when I was barely playing TS3, my husband bought me a laptop to replace my 6-7 year old desktop. It seemed great at first but now I am realizing that 4GB of RAM and the graphics card on here are not meant for simming, no matter what the Geek Squad tells you!!! I just started a new job so will be saving up for a shiny new desktop.

I -live- near LA so I have no desire to play in a neighborhood like it either. The brown, the lack of trees; it just makes me depressed!!! Plus, one of my biggest pet peeves with each new world is the lack of room/lots/space for previous EPs. I did NOT spend $30-$40 on an EP that I can no longer utilize well in the next world. So, I am on the hunt for a new world (though that is a perpetual thing) that I will love. Unless I finish mine which I don't have high hopes for.

Me too, Heaven. Time for a new computer, I'm thinking... *sigh* My laptop is over two years old now, I suppose that's pretty good for one of them.

I also lived in LA, for four years, so I have no desire to go back to it.

Ouerbacker's "Reyes County" is probably what I'll wait for - since he's going to be making it with the SHT EP. So it'll involve all the EP's.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1765 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 7:00 PM
It's proprietor placement. That's odd... lol

Mad Poster
#1766 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 7:18 PM
On the subject of computers to run games, I have quite a few desktops that I use for gaming as I build 'em from scrap parts. I have to say that the one I got in 2006 (with the best specs of the age and which are still above-average now) runs the game just fine. Laptops? *Gaming* laptops? Naaaaaaada. Can't get it to run (unlike Skyrim for my brother). However I have noticed that ever since Pets and Generations (maybe Ambitions, but I can't tell as I got it around the same time as Late Night), something's changed in the way the game handles tasks, causing it to seem a bit stiff and erratic. Has anyone experienced lag or any issues with SHT so far? My sister wants it (Katy Perry edition to boot, but who's to blame her, she's in what Americans would equate to middle school) and I want to know because I built her a computer with great specs and I don't want to have to take it apart and give it more RAM.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#1767 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DigitalSympathies
...and I don't want to have to take it apart and give it more RAM.

MOAR RAMZ!!! MOAR RAMZ!!!

Katt is in yor interwebs, eating yor ramz! ;P

Sarcasm is a body's natural defense against stupid.
Mad Poster
#1768 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
It's showing you where to pee?

What are the snacks like? do sims go autonomously to eat, how much does it fill your hunger? any moodlets from eating them? if you go to a party, will the host put a bowl of snacks for the guests? if not can you add them?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1769 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 7:50 PM
Snack bowls simply exist. Sims hunger go up, but it's not very noticeable. Hosts do not put out snack bowls, because Sims do not put them down. They just teleport in the room. It's something that should have been an object in the buy menu, not an interaction.

And you have to refill it eventually.

And nut bowls look like pretzels.

Forum Resident
#1770 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:29 PM
Isn't it MTS tradition for someone to post pics of all the items in Buy/Build Mode? Won't someone please think of the Showtime-less children???
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1771 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:35 PM
http://simsvip.com/?page_id=7472

Instructor
#1772 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:44 PM
Gah, I shouldn't have looked at that! This actually makes me WANT the friggen SHT just for the SHT!

Scholar
#1773 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 8:50 PM
The clothes actually look -- and I can't believe I'm saying this -- super cute. And a surprising variety; you've got everything from scifi to flannel shirts in there.

Lab Assistant
#1774 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zokugai
The clothes actually look -- and I can't believe I'm saying this -- super cute. And a surprising variety; you've got everything from scifi to flannel shirts in there.

Ah! they got you!
Retired
retired moderator
#1775 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 12:04 AM
Quote:
I don't think you can compare it like that. If we could unlock the content by reaching different levels of Showtime careers then I don't think anyone would complain. But it's completely different thing. You need to have internet connection, you need to be logged in to TS3 site and you need to have other people's permission to send them your sims. And for a game that is a singleplayer sandbox that is just outrageous in my opinion, because if I pay for that type of game I should be able to access all the content by myself and not by bothering other people.

I'm confused, though. Isn't it all available in buydebug? Or was I misinformed.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Page 71 of 73