Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th May 2010 at 8:07 PM
Default About roof texture
Hi all,

Using TSR Workshop, I tryed to do a new roof texture for the sims 3...but it seems I don't make the rights things / steps because I can't apply this new texture to a roof style !!!...

Everytime I try to change a roof style I get the message: It's impossible to change the roof style !...

Where am I wrong ???

Thanks in advance for answers.

So long.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th May 2010 at 9:44 PM
What version of TSRW do you use and do you get this error message in the game?

Minisite

TSR Workshop
A Custom Content Tool for The Sims 3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th May 2010 at 11:01 AM
Hi teko,

thanks for ure answer my version of TSR WorkShop is 1.0.17.40250 and the error message in the game is (translated): I'ts impossible to change / modifie this object (roof)...
This message come when i try to modify the color of a roof.

So long.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 13th May 2010 at 3:08 PM
It isn't possible to change the color of EA's roofs either, so that's not something TSRW would enable. The color, or better said the Noise Map which is responsible for it, can be changed in the Material Editor under the Mesh tab.

Minisite

TSR Workshop
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 13th May 2010 at 3:43 PM
teko I'm confused on why you say you can't change the color of EA roofs, when we have new roof recolors here. There is a tab in game to choose your roof color and custom roof recolors you have downloaded show up there. Unless of course your referring to the cast design tool?

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=373803

http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=2864816

These were all done with s3oc/s3pe, so just because TSRW cannot do something doesn't necessarily mean it can't be done.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 13th May 2010 at 4:37 PM
I was referring to the CAST tool ingame since the mentioned error message appears from this when tried on a roof. The roofs you linked, as far as I understood, are all single roofs and not connected to eachother or grouped.

Minisite

TSR Workshop
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#7 Old 13th May 2010 at 5:02 PM
Thanks for the clarification teko. =) Can you explain what you mean be not connected to each other or grouped? Since those recolors behave the same way as EA roofs.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th May 2010 at 8:27 PM
I wondered first if those are like only one Catalog entry and when you click it, it will show the different colors – because you mentioned those are recolorable.

Minisite

TSR Workshop