Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 4:48 PM
Default Recolors reverting back to original
Hi all!

Loverat has been kind enough to recolor a dining set I made, but is having issues with her recolor of my two tile table reverting back to my original textures after placement. The recolor shows up fine in the catalog, and when using the design tool, just not when the object is placed. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

One thing to mention--I made it as a stand-alone item and it has its own GUID, and as far as I can tell, the appropriate textures are being referenced. That's about as far as my sleuthing skills extend. I know next to nothing about recoloring, so any insight you can provide would be awesome.

I'm attaching the file if anyone cares to take a look. I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Homey Touches Two Tile Table UPDATED.rar (103.9 KB, 2 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 8:09 PM
How did you imported texture - via nVidia DDS Utilities? If not, did you did Update All Sizes?
If not, then your texture would be shown only when you zoom really close.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 10:52 PM
Hi Jasana!

Thanks for the response. Yes, she did use DDS Utilities, and so did I on the original. She's also tried updating all sizes, so I don't think that's it. Could you think of any other reason why it might not be displaying correctly?
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Nov 2008 at 11:19 PM Last edited by leesester : 24th Nov 2008 at 11:46 PM.
Hi I have downloaded your file and I am looking now, see photo below - i admit I can see no blue is that what is missing? I am sorry, I also cannot see what is wrong - I am guessing the metal should be shiny? Is it significant that the two textures, base and shiny have the same picture? I think we had better leave it until someone more experienced comes along
Screenshots

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Nov 2008 at 4:36 AM
Hi Leesester!

No, that's not quite the issue. There's nothing wrong with the original texture. It's just the recolor that's not showing up unless you use the design tool on it. I was just wondering if maybe I got a file name wrong somewhere in the original package. Thanks for the response, though!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 1:46 AM
The GMDC contains, apart from the shadows, three subsets:
- base
- glass
- chairdiningloftfork_base_woodlight (this one, in the original object, was a part of the base that was not supposed to be recolourable)

The GMND, in the tsDesignModeEnabled block, lists two recolourable parts:
- base
- chrome

Then, there are 4 MMATs, for the following subsets:
- base
- chrome
- glass
- seat

In other words, it's a mess The chrome and the seat don't exist at all (but the chrome is seen as "recolourable" by SimPE); the glass has a MMAT but is not listed in the GMND. The only part that should work fine is the "base" *but* in the GMDC the "base" is actually the design under the glass, not the wooden part.

Now I've modified the internal structure; I'm not 100% sure that is what you wanted it to look like, but here's what I've done:
- grouped together the "base" and the "chairdiningloftfork_base_woodlight" (now they both are "base"), so that both the wood and the metal design got recoloured with the same texture;
- replaced the "chrome" with the "glass" in the GMND, so that theglass is now recolourable;
- deleted the useless MMATs and fixed the Shape accordingly.

Probably Loverat's recolour won't work any more: she might have to create a new recolour package.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Homey Touches Two Tile Table UPDATED.rar (93.4 KB, 3 downloads) - View custom content

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 6:47 AM
Numenor, thank you so much! You know, I probably messed it up when I was initially trying to find a solution for her the first time around. Obviously I didn't know what I was doing. You're a lifesaver! Thanks again!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 8:21 AM
You're welcome despite your signature

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
#9 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 10:48 AM
Oh ho - here it is YEARS later and Num is still bailing us out =) Thanks you big goof Numenor - you own the throne babe =)

Sweet - thanks for being a tenacious terrier type and getting the answer to this =) I could see that something was wrong but as to what it was - pffft! So exciting will pm ya :D

TY both!

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
The ModFather
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 3:03 PM
Loverat! I hoped *so much* you would have come here telling me something sweeeet in your lovely aussie English I think I'll stick to MTS2 until my hair become completely white (or until no one pays for the server any more, and the site closes down! ).
Everything depends on those nasty Maxoids and their wicked Sims3: if there will be space for a dinosaur like me, maybe I'll decide to move on -

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Nov 2008 at 3:50 PM Last edited by sweetswami77 : 26th Nov 2008 at 7:01 PM. Reason: Added file
Hey, what's wrong with my signature?!

EDIT: Loverat, here is the updated sofa table package. I made the same changes Numenor made to the two tile table, so this one should work, too. Let me know if it doesn't.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Homey Touches Sofa Table.rar (119.3 KB, 0 downloads) - View custom content