Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2008 at 12:41 AM
Default [Solved] Problems with empty packages
I'm having a problem when I make recolor packages in SimPE. For some reason they're empty when I save them. Yet, this only happens to certain objects, like the Great Taste Dining Table. Is this is a problem with SimPE or are these certain objects not CEP-enabled?
Advertisement
The ModFather
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 2:22 AM
[Thread moved to Object Creation / Recolouring]

This happens when the object is either not recolourable at all, or requires the CEP and it's not installed (or SimPE can't find it).
In some other cases, the object is slave to another one (i.e. borrows the textures from an external objects). For example, the "Good Taste" dining table is slave of the "Great Taste" table. But in this case, you are trying to recolour the "master" object, so you shouldn't have problems. And the "Great Taste" doesn't even require the CEP to be recolourable.

You should check the File Table: menu Extra -> Preferences -> File Table, then click "Reset".

Just one last question: you DO have Nightlife, right? The Great Taste is a Nightlife table.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 10:28 PM
Yeah, I have Nightlife. Unfortunately, though, the reset thing didn't really work. I still keep getting empty packages. Do I need to reinstall SimPE or something?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 1:00 AM
I tried with the latest SimPE, and it works for me; first, I get a window that lets me choosewhich subsets to recolour (base, table or both), and then I get a recolour package with all the textures.

Go to Extra -> Preferences -> File Table and click "Reset"; then go to Extra -> Preferences -> System Check and click "Run Check"; wait for the chack to finish and be sure that all the three entries are marked with a green check.
Then RESTART SimPE and retry recolouring the table.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Oct 2008 at 1:37 AM
I'm so sorry, but it still won't do it. Any idea what could be wrong?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Oct 2008 at 2:31 AM
Uhm... Maybe you have (Double) Deluxe?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 12:24 PM
well, I do have Deluxe...
The ModFather
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 12:26 PM Last edited by Numenor : 15th Nov 2008 at 12:51 PM.
Perhaps SimPE can't manage correctly Deluxe, I don't know. You should post your issue at SimPE forum, for Inge and Peter Jones to read and reply.

When you go to Extra -> Preferences -> System Folders, what path do you read in the Nightlife line? Since you have Deluxe (not Double Deluxe), you should read something like:
C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 Deluxe\EP2

If it's not correct, you can use the [...] button to browse to the right folder.

EDIT: sorry FairyJynx17, I edited my post while you were replying.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 12:52 PM
Well which SimPE do you have? It was certainly the case with previous SimPEs that they did not understand Deluxe, but I was under the impression that was sorted with the latest.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 12:58 PM
Default weeeee!!!
omg It works now! Thank you so much, you've been a real big help!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#11 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 1:33 PM
Could you tell us which of the suggestions seemed to fix it please? It may be helpful to users in the future.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
The ModFather
retired moderator
#12 Old 15th Nov 2008 at 2:15 PM
Inge - Latest official version 0.72.1c works perfectly with Deluxe (personally tested in my virtual Deluxe installation).

FairyJynx17 - If now it works because you have manually fixed the path to Nightlife, this means that you did NOT follow with accuracy my suggestions from post #4 (see the "Run Check" I asked you to perform), or you omitted to tell me that the Run Check did NOT returned all green marks. When asking for help, you should provide the most details possible, and then provide a correct feedback; it's a matter of respect towards the people that spend time trying to solve your problem.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Could you tell us which of the suggestions seemed to fix it please? It may be helpful to users in the future.

The Nightlife pathway was blank, so that's what was up. Now that it's pointing to the right place, though, it's working.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Nov 2008 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Inge - Latest official version 0.72.1c works perfectly with Deluxe (personally tested in my virtual Deluxe installation).

FairyJynx17 - If now it works because you have manually fixed the path to Nightlife, this means that you did NOT follow with accuracy my suggestions from post #4 (see the "Run Check" I asked you to perform), or you omitted to tell me that the Run Check did NOT returned all green marks. When asking for help, you should provide the most details possible, and then provide a correct feedback; it's a matter of respect towards the people that spend time trying to solve your problem.

I did do the system check and it came back with all green checkmarks. I don't know why, but it did. And I'm sorry that I didn't provide enough details - I'm new to this whole getting help thing and I'll be sure to do that in the future.