Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 8:42 PM
Default making non-designable items recolorable
I found an older thread where someone said to go into the CEP files and clicking on something..... Okay.... I am a noob at this sort of thing....

I am trying to recolor a custom armoire from another site.... it says that it is not designable... (pooh!)
can someone give me a mini-tutorial (with SimPE, of course!) on where precisely to go in that armoire... and what to click on or off???

Thanks bunches!
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 25th Jan 2016 at 10:06 PM
HugeLunatic's tutorial might help. You might not have to get the point of looking into CEP files. http://hugelunatic.com/?p=65
Scholar
#3 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
HugeLunatic's tutorial might help. You might not have to get the point of looking into CEP files. http://hugelunatic.com/?p=65

I am having the exact same problem with the OP...however I am having a difficult time with step 6 of the "Missing tsDesignModeEnabled" part. It says to paste the name of my subset, but i have no idea what my subset name is? Where can i find that information?

Thanks for your help!
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 8:11 AM
@Red Sonja
There should be no reason at all for you to do anything with the CEP or CEP files at all - unless you're making a CEP Extra (to add a subset, for example) like HugeLunatic, Shastakiss and a few other creators do. Take a look at HugeLunatic's tutorial that omglo linked you to. If you can't fix it yourself you should let the original creator know, if they're still around, so they can fix it for everyone.

@labellavienna
The GMDC - the subsets are listed there: foodfruitbowl_fruit and groundshadow, for example. If you want, or need, to copy/paste the subset name (foodfruitbowl_fruit is a bit harder to remember than surface) you can click on the Groups tab. Then click on the subset name - over to the side you'll see the subset name in the Name: box, you can highlight and copy it from there. You can also look at the SHPE - the subset names are there and you can copy the name from the Subset name box after clicking on the subset.
Scholar
#5 Old 29th Jan 2016 at 5:31 PM
You are honestly the the best! Thank you thank you a million times!