Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 9:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default kids wake up at night!!
Anyone having their simkidlets waking up at all hours of the night with empty energy bars? Then they stomp around and preceed to pass out in front of their bed? Why are they waking up at 3 am??? It's never happened before, and i didn't install anything new except a few outfits, all the sudden the kids in my one family (really the only one i play) are waking up no reason whatsoever. It's frustrating actually, and wonder if it's just sims being stupid?

Let's just pretend I know what I'm doing... when we all know I don't!!
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 9:43 AM
There's no tv in their rooms? If there is, make sure it's turned off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 10:21 AM
nope, no tv! TV downstairs was off too. everybody else was asleep. However my two boys sleep in the same room, is the ones snoring bothering the other???

Stupid people are stupid
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 12:28 PM
I vaguely remember a problem like that. Ages ago.
Try splitting the room up and see if that helps. If not, i think you should go through the Game Help FAQ.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 1:20 PM
It's probably either a hack, or your copy of Seasons being unpatched (pre-patch sims used to drop everything, including sleeping, to watch if the weather changed).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 12:54 AM
Yeah, seasons is totally patched. I have mansion and garden stuff now as well so i dont know if there is something new introduced in that SP that caused something to bork. I've played the game without any hacks loaded including the nude patch taken out and they did the same thing. Normally if they were waking up to see if the weather changed you would see that icon in their queue that would say "it's raining!" or something like that, and that obviously wasn't the issue. All the sudden they would just wake up and be making their beds with their energy bars like 2% full. I did however delete their toybox from the room. I dont have enough room in this house to split up rooms so it looks like grandma is moving out and getting a flat of her own!

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 6:14 AM
even with the toybox gone they still wake up for no apparent reason. Wonder if this is one of the bugs in mansion and garden stuff nobody caught yet....

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 7:26 PM
Hmm, it's just this one lot?
Do they still wake up if you move their beds into another room?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 7:23 AM
AFAIK yes it's just this one lot. I don't have another room to move them into but i suppose i could delete a few objects and see how that works.

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 10:34 PM
How long have they been kids? Sometimes mine do weird things for a day or two before acting normal again once they've aged from toddler to child. Or...are you playing with the boolprop cheat on, and did you mess with their motive bars? Sometimes when you piddle around with the motive bars, there's weird behavior or object changes...like the time my fridge became devoid of all food and would not allow my sims to cook anything when I pulled someone's cooking skill up.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#11 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 12:44 AM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 8:39 AM Last edited by moonlitmagik : 27th Mar 2009 at 8:41 AM. Reason: edited to add info
Lunatic: no birds, womrats or anything. Two mini dachshunds... are those enough to wake them up? sometimes they like to sleep at the foot of the boys beds (when their pillows are DOWNSTAIRS mind you) but afaik they're sleeping.

Sydlet: Good point!!!! I *did* fiddle with their motives with the insiminator (no boolprop i only use that to move furniture) to zap their energy level to zero WHILE THEY WERE ASLEEP mind you because they would have woken up at 3 am (this is something I frequently do with my toddlers, who wants them wandering around and drinking toilet water?) The one did just change from toddler to child, but the other one turns into a teenager tomorrow. Literally. And they both woke up. Are they all programmed on the same BHAV (am I taking to mean that means BEHAVIOR???) or something?

And oddly enough, they slept like normal so i saved the game and all I had to run out and do some errands. came back and another sim day lapsed and it happened again. It's infrequent enough that it's not considered an issue, yet frequent enough to make me ask WTF is going on? LOL

Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#13 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 2:14 PM
Do not trigger a motive failure: This will queuestomp your sims, causing them to wake up! If you have problems with your sims remaining asleep and waking up at idiotic times, try using the Sleep Clock from More Awesome Than You. This will let you program the waking hours and properly calculate bedtimes to insure optimal energy refuelling. More Awesome Than You: Accept No Kewian-based Substitutes!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 11:00 PM
Pescado, you are a prince among men! That is EXACTLY what was happening, they were getting queuestomped. Sometimes i can trigger a motive failure and they will not get queuestomped, and other times, well... so I'm not going to do that anymore I guess!

Thank you!

Locked thread | Locked by: callistra Reason: Solved