Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 7:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Building apartments with driveways
Well, I've read lots of guides teaching how to build apartment lots and in fact, I've built lots of them before. I've already checked pre-made lots to see if there was something obvious that I was missing, but apparently, the answer is no.

I've been trying to build 4 houses to work as apartments. Two of them without driveway and for sure the problem is not with them. The two front houses, both with 4 floors, including the terrace, have garages. They only have the apartment door and the garage door connecting them with the outside.

Following the pre-made lots example, on the first floor, there is the Unique Separator door, connected to a hall, where at the end there is a star. The wall has a small opened area to connect with the garage.

At the entrance of the apartment, there's a fence without gates, just a pass way. Still, these two apartments architecture doesn't allow me to change the Lot Zoning. What else can I be missing? Is there any other possible conflict in this apartment that I don't know of?

p.s.: I don't have any archs .
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 9:09 PM
An apartment can only have one external door. If you have a garage door plus the standard (required) apartment door, that makes two doors. Delete the garage door and everything should be fine.
Scholar
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 10:39 PM
The apartment doot/garage door combo isn't the problem, there are actually some EAxis apartments build that way. I put together a very raw building with attached garden area and attached garage and was able to resize it with both garage doors (although I've heared that the LN door may cause some problems).

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 1:52 AM
Okay, I'll try checking the doors to see if any of them came from LN, except the garage door, of course.... anybody else has a possible conflict suggestion? I've seen apartment lots with fences in front of it, anyone had problems with that?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 1:50 PM
I tried to build another lot with these same features and it didn't work as well... I'll start tracking my downloads folder to see if it's not anything in there....
Site Helper
#6 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 6:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by arathea
The apartment doot/garage door combo isn't the problem, there are actually some EAxis apartments build that way. I put together a very raw building with attached garden area and attached garage and was able to resize it with both garage doors (although I've heared that the LN door may cause some problems).
Are we discussing Sims 2? What's LN? Could you give an example of an EA apartments with an attached garage with garage door?
Scholar
#7 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Are we discussing Sims 2? What's LN?

Just read it as NL. There are too many EPs with similar names for both games out now.

Quote:
Could you give an example of an EA apartments with an attached garage with garage door?

No idea what's it called in English but it's in Belladonna Cove, the lot next to where the Patels are living.

Front

Inside shot

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Site Helper
#8 Old 5th Mar 2012 at 12:05 AM
luluzinhacdc, if your problem isn't related to CC, it might be helpful to give us some (large) pictures of your lot, to see whether there's anything obviously wrong.