Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#4776 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 2:44 PM
I'd like a hack which allows sims to walk several dogs at once instead of one.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#4778 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 6:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
I'd like to see a mod that allows fruit to be eaten.
I don't know if such a mod is possible, but I can always keep on dreaming . . .

The fruit trees at Plumb Bob Keep do just that. The trees drop a few pieces of fruit here and there during the day, and that fruit can be eaten directly by your Sims. My Sims literally just live off the dropped stuff and have never eaten a meal, LOL. You can put it in their inventory to save for whenever, or leave it on the ground and it just disappears. The baskets you harvest from the trees can be added to the fridge as fresh food stock.
Theorist
#4779 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
NO TRIPLETS AND QUADS - NO.

(Sorry, I always think that whenever anyone mentions that hack)

Oh man, I agree. That would be far too stressful for me Especially during the Toddler stage.

Another problem I have with the triplet/Quad mod is that it makes them (and twins) far too common. (25% 10% and 5% respectively!)
In the vanilla game twins are already waaay to common when compared to real life (10% if I'm not mistaken?)

Which brings me to an idea: a Mod that makes twins rarer. Does one exist?
Mad Poster
#4780 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 6:57 PM
Doesn't Triplets and Quads let you adjust the chances for them?

Anyways, I had a brief moment of panic when the Ottomas twins turned out to be Ottomas quads!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#4781 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Doesn't Triplets and Quads let you adjust the chances for them?

Yes, it does. I changed the odds to 90% chance of a single baby, 7% chance of twins, 2% chance of triplets and 1% chance of quads, which works nicely for me in my game. I also edit individual sim's odds so that sims with the Family aspiration fertility benefit have higher odds of multiples.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4782 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 9:48 PM
As much as I would love my game to give me quads (never has!) the thought of Ottomas quads makes me want to run away to the mountains.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4783 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 9:48 PM
There is a version, though, that allows you not to choose..and that's the version I have. Russian Roulette by Baby, I call it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Theorist
#4784 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 12:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Yes, it does. I changed the odds to 90% chance of a single baby, 7% chance of twins, 2% chance of triplets and 1% chance of quads, which works nicely for me in my game. I also edit individual sim's odds so that sims with the Family aspiration fertility benefit have higher odds of multiples.

Can you also figure it in a way that sets the possibility of triplets at 1% and quads at 0%?
Mad Poster
#4785 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Can you also figure it in a way that sets the possibility of triplets at 1% and quads at 0%?

I have never tried to do so as I like having the possibility of quads in my game, but I think that it would be possible to configure it to set the chance of quads to 0%.
Mad Poster
#4786 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 3:42 PM
Modifying the chance of twins does not require triplets/quads mods. It's very easy to do, just a simple BCON edit. I've modified it in my game, I'd be happy to help anyone who wants to change it in their game as well. I don't know if triplets/quads lets you set chance to 0% in game, but it's easy to do so in SimPE. I use it so that I can pick which parent stays home, but I have triplets/quads both set to 0%.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
#4787 Old 20th Jan 2017 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
I have never tried to do so as I like having the possibility of quads in my game, but I think that it would be possible to configure it to set the chance of quads to 0%.

Yup, it's certainly possible. All you need to do is go to the option to set quad odds and click the x on the screen where you set the odds. It then asks if you want to set them to zero.
Theorist
#4788 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 5:35 PM
Call me weird, but I get ideas while dreaming, honestly, I wish I could just shut them off and sleep in peace. (: Anyway, I thought about how children didn't gain much in the way of things to do and got a few ideas, if they were possible. There is an ant farm and I thought it would be neat if children acquired a card when the farm is purchased. They could fill out the card and send it off to receive the ants through the mail. Remember when cereal boxes gave free items for a boxtop? Why not children who make their own bowl of cereal obtain boxtops which could be redeemed for some little toy, poster or other prize. How about an art contest like some schools have, where a child can win ribbons for their artwork. A cooking contest would be cool, but they can only make (or burn) muffins. Object rewards could be tough to do, memories would work or maybe a skill, needs, relationship or interest boost. Bad memories or negative feelings wouldn't be so good for them, just results that boost their confidence a bit. Children are so neglected, they need stuff to do that's just for them. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#4789 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 7:23 PM
I wish Sims salaries would increase over time without them needing to gain a promotion, so that they could have a specific title without being locked at a certain salary the rest of their lives. Mainly because I think a lot of the higher career levels have kind of silly titles, and I'd rather my Sims remain at level 5-6.

Mad Poster
#4791 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 8:39 PM
Yeah I know. I have seriously debated making a massive set of custom careers that does exactly that, separate the career levels into more realistic separate careers where the whole career is the same profession with room for salary to grow without changing title. But in the end it's too much work, I'd rather spend that time playing or working on something else.

Theorist
#4792 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 9:20 PM
Gummi, maybe get with lientebollemeis and see if maybe she might willin to do/ help with makin the custom careers. She says she takes requests and that careers are what she does. :D

Maybe between the two of you ya'll can work out a way to make it not so much work for any one person. Just a thought (and hope as I too think it's an awesome idea :D).
Mad Poster
#4793 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 9:30 PM
Liente does take requests, but if I recall correctly you have to have the wages and descriptions figured out when you request it. That's the part that takes time for me, not the SimPE-bit But thank you, I appreciate the thought. If anyone else feels like taking on the project, be my guest. I'd love to see it exist, but I won't be doing it, that's for sure. If I had unlimited time then yeah maybe, but my simming time is very limited and that's not going to change, so there's always going to be something else I'd rather put that time on

Mad Poster
#4794 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 9:42 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 22nd Jan 2017 at 10:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
If I had unlimited time then yeah maybe, but my simming time is very limited and that's not going to change, so there's always going to be something else I'd rather put that time on

Story of my (simming) life! There are SO. MANY. THINGS. I would love to be working on, simming-wise, but when I have the opportunity to relax and do something that I want to do I pretty much always opt for playing the game rather than creating, nowadays. Perhaps I'll get some of the CC that I want to make done when I retire!*

*I'm 30 years old...... :-(
Mad Poster
#4796 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 10:46 PM
The ability to direct Sims to shovel snow off of outdoor areas covered by floor tiles.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Field Researcher
#4797 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 9:48 AM
What I'd really like is a hack that prevents the flies on sloppy babies and toddlers, when they fill their diapers. I can't stand it.
Instructor
#4798 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I wish Sims salaries would increase over time without them needing to gain a promotion, so that they could have a specific title without being locked at a certain salary the rest of their lives. Mainly because I think a lot of the higher career levels have kind of silly titles, and I'd rather my Sims remain at level 5-6.

And is there a way to refuse a promotion ?

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!
Mad Poster
#4799 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 8:40 PM
Wish active careers were a thing (would easily run one in a owned community, only If I could disable income and have my employees work their as slaves without earning money). Find it very annoying that I want to simulate culinary career on a visible lot without being a manager in there :/
Alchemist
#4800 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 10:22 PM
about 49 sub-neighborhoods + the main neighborhood; that area might be considered bigger or equal to the real life 50 states. thus "mini" might be inaccurate.
some combination of shipping districts (Open For Business) and downtowns (Nightlife) might make such a neighborhood possible. or some of the sub-neighborhoods could be vacation (Bon Voyage) or college (University).
if your computer has enough memory, 50 sub-neighborhoods could represent the 50 states and the main neighborhood could represent the capitol.
Page 192 of 582