Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2006 at 10:07 AM
Request for testing of lot.
Morning all!

I've built a house that I want to upload, but I've used a script mod on the walls.txt to allow for my house to be made, and I want to test it to make sure the house ports over correctly for everyone. I don't have OFB yet, so this would contain objects from Uni & NL only.

You'll see in the screens that on the right-hand structure, the walls extend up further to level off with the roof patio, and in order to stop the windows and doors from leaving that nasty, annoying gap, I've used walls that do not require a flat top, which rids us of said gap. Yay.

I've done this before on a lot, gotten no complaints, but when I downloaded my own lot and installed it on a new Sims install where I had not yet modified the script, the walls were replaced by fences. Since no one said anything, I can only hope that it didn't do that for everyone.

However, before I remove my sim and release this to the public, I was hoping a few of you could test it out and see if you have any issues with the lot. I have no hacks or anything, so it should be a clean file. I don't have SimPE reinstalled yet, so I've not checked it. If you find anything, please let me know and I'll clean it up. Send me a PM after you've had a look if you're interested in helping me out. It'd be greatly appreciated! I'll design a house for you in exchange if you like...

Thanks all!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  67 Seaview Lane.rar (1.07 MB, 9 downloads)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 2:54 AM
If you're using Numenors Unlevel walls txt mod then people who download your lot need to have the mod in their game for the walls to show. I upload lots all the time that have used Numenors unlevel walls, just put a bit in the description stating the lot needs the mod and a link to it.

If you're using Mikes easy wall hack then I dunno about that, but someone else might be able to answer
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 3:02 AM
Yeah, I'm not using either of those. I went into my walls.txt and manually added a wall that was the same as the original, just does not require a flat top. That enabled it to go as high as necessary to fit the space, eliminating the gap above windows and doors. I'm just not sure how it will look for others... When I first enabled it, just putting one section of wall in made the others around it take on the same trait. That's why I wonder if it is necessary to have everyone downloading it have it. I may have just had issues with the other lot (which had various other issues anyway)...

Once it's approved, I'm just hoping to have people confirm one way or the other.

Thanks for the input, though!

Quote: Originally posted by Jonesi
If you're using Numenors Unlevel walls txt mod then people who download your lot need to have the mod in their game for the walls to show. I upload lots all the time that have used Numenors unlevel walls, just put a bit in the description stating the lot needs the mod and a link to it.

If you're using Mikes easy wall hack then I dunno about that, but someone else might be able to answer
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 6:30 AM
Any additional walls other than Maxis' default walls are likely replaced by the Maxis's default replacement - black iron fence in a game copy without the same/similar relevant definition(s)

Individual additions or Numenor's wall mod are actually adding walls to the game, so without the relevant definitions of these additional walls, default replacement will result in any of these game copies.

On the other hand, Mikeinside's easy wall reuse the original wall definition, so it won't cause any default replacement.
Yet, the flattop modification requires every user to set the same in order to see the same effect for extended/expanded/elongated walls.

May read this thread for more info.
Any know of any Sloped wall mods
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=146117
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2006 at 5:30 AM
Hmm, that sounds about as much as I expected. I have actually installed this on a friend's new desktop (he just upgraded to dual core 2.2Ghz, 256 ATI Radeon, SATA drives, 1Gb RAM) and I've been playing with Sims 2 on there... Damn it screams. I didn't have much time so I didn't get to do more than install and play around a little, but I'll put this lot up on there and see what it does. If they don't work correctly, I'll have to figure out another way to make it work or put a disclaimer.

Thanks for your info, in any case!

Quote: Originally posted by niol
Any additional walls other than Maxis' default walls are likely replaced by the Maxis's default replacement - black iron fence in a game copy without the same/similar relevant definition(s)

Individual additions or Numenor's wall mod are actually adding walls to the game, so without the relevant definitions of these additional walls, default replacement will result in any of these game copies.

On the other hand, Mikeinside's easy wall reuse the original wall definition, so it won't cause any default replacement.
Yet, the flattop modification requires every user to set the same in order to see the same effect for extended/expanded/elongated walls.

May read this thread for more info.
Any know of any Sloped wall mods
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=146117
Locked thread | Locked by: ThreadMover Reason: Outdated / No Replies