Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 10:20 PM
Default The Sims Stories - FAQ [3 Stories]

The Sims™Life Stories: February 2007
The Sims™Pet Stories: Summer
The Sims™Castaway Stories: Winter

It's their life, but it's your story!
Are you new to The Sims or know anyone who is? This is the game for them. The Sims Life Stories is the first release in an all-new, standalone product line called The Sims™ Stories. Play through all the great moments of your Sim's life in this easy-to-play, laptop-friendly version of The Sims. In the new and engaging directed Story mode, you take your Sims through a unique and entertaining storyline full of romance, conflict and dramatic twists. In open-ended Classic mode, you create Sims and then choose how they'll fulfill their dreams through life's biggest moments. Stay connected by using your own IM and email while playing.

FAQ
What is The Sims Life Stories?
The Sims Life Stories is the first release in an all-new PC product line called The Sims Stories. All releases in The Sims Stories line offer two fun ways to play, directed Story mode and open-ended Classic mode, and are designed with laptop-friendly controls that let you play even when you're on the go!

In The Sims Life Stories, play through Riley's life story as she returns home to start a new life with new friends, new experiences, and unexpected surprises. A second story lets you sort out the love life of Vince, a love-struck high-tech whiz who's been unlucky in love so far.

Also Coming Soon to The Sims Stories Line: The Sims Pet Stories challenges your Sims to care for and train loveable but unpredictable pets, while The Sims Castaway Stories helps your Sims make a new life in an unexplored island paradise.

To read the computer FAQ:
http://thesims2.ea.com/about/sims_stories/index.php

KKai:
I think it is more like a The Sims 2 Lite (not life)
And these games are standalone games and so do not support expansion packs or stuff packs from The Sims or The Sims 2 collections.

Btw, there is no need "I hate EA" speech. :D
We know a number of you do.
It is the way that they make money. :P

Live for today, learn from yesterday, and dream of tomorrow.
A being under construction -- Even so, come.
Advertisement
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jan 2007 at 10:33 PM
Thanks KKai, I stuck an article up on the blog and linked to this thread for discussion
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 12:13 AM
Default Cross-Breeding on PC
I am wondering, since I do not own a Laptop/Notebook, if we could install these "New" Sims2-based Games on a normal PC...then poke around in the GMDC files, ect.; Cross-Breed some Objects, using SimPE, in the future?

It would definately Light-Up the Modding Community along with a surge of new interest in the game itself.

Time will only tell, but - "I have a Dream!"

:P
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 12:54 AM
at the ea store you can already pre-order this game and the sims 2 : seasons
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 1:32 AM
Castaway Stories looks interesting, I might actually get that one eventually, but not Life and Pets, becuase I already have those games. :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 2:13 AM
It seems to focus on a few families in the game.
Those who hate "default" families in the game should probably stay away from the game.

Also, I feel there may be a different, smaller neighborhood in the game.
Btw, it is just the overall feeling that I have. :P

Lab Assistant
#7 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 2:45 AM
Any idea of what the requirements are, or will we have to wait until it hits the stores?
#8 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 1:46 AM
It seems we don't know much, including the requirements. There is very little information about this game available. I would have thought that they would have wanted to put more information out so people can get excited. I was hoping to know more by now since it was supposed to come out in Jan but has been pushed back to Feb.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#9 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 3:13 AM
there will be more info available soon I'm sure.

castaways is the only one that even remotely interests me and sadly that's not for a year, basically.
#10 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 5:23 AM
I wonder if its based off the concept from the ps2 games. The story mode for ps2 in the sims 2 was fun and entertaining, a challenge. Because, after a while sims 2 for ps2 isn't so fun b/c the graphics suck so when creating homes and furniture it's best to use pc. So if this is similar to that then I'm interested because it provides another avenue, another level of the sims 2. Perhaps it's more geared on stories and plot as apposed to such free-will and free-play as the previously released games. Just a few ideas to throw your way. :-)
Scholar
#11 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 8:32 PM
from the description thats what it sounds liek to me amberandcarlos33 and i also wonder if this will even allow for custom content
and if i was to get any at all it would be the castaway maybe only since we havent got anything like that now (not that i know what its about really lol) but to be hoonest ill probably skip these unless after they are released i see somehting really special that would make me want a seperate sims game

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Test Subject
#12 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 10:54 PM
so how does it not use a graphics card? is it animate based then? Like u folllow a set of directions and it plays an animated sequence? I'm not too familiar with how games are developed but I keept thinking of flash based games
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 12:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ikako
so how does it not use a graphics card?

what they mean is it does not require a "Stand alone" card, but that an integrated chip on your motherboard is sufficient.

as I understand it the play would be like a challenge list.
there are set goals for your sim to achieve in their lifetime, you basically play the game by trying to fulfill these goals. When you do (or at least for some/mayor ons) you unlock rewards for them.

So the list of goals could look something like this:
get a job
furnish the home
get a boyfriend
get engaged
get married
have a child etc.

They do state that custom downloads will be available on the brand new site dedicated to these games, so custom content must be possible. of course I doubt there will be a bodyshop or homecrafter type program, so unless a modder creates a program like SimPE(if possible) I don't think the community will be able to create any.

Alex aka Simaddict99
you can find more of my creations at: www.thesimsresource.com/artists/simaddict99/
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 1:01 PM
I personally am looking forward to this game, since I have a PC that is not good for The Sims 2, but would probably play this really easy. The funny part is that you can IM friends with it. It must be built in, and i guess you can play the game online.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missaaliyah
I personally am looking forward to this game, since I have a PC that is not good for The Sims 2, but would probably play this really easy. The funny part is that you can IM friends with it. It must be built in, and i guess you can play the game online.

I could be wrong, but I don't think that's what they mean.

The way I understand it this game is played in windows mode, therefore allowing you to lower the screen and use your existing IM without exiting the game or it hogging resources while you do otehr things.
It has nothing to do with offering an IM with the game nor online play possibilities.

Alex aka Simaddict99
you can find more of my creations at: www.thesimsresource.com/artists/simaddict99/
Field Researcher
#16 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 7:39 PM
Guys remember that this game also includes Classic mode. Some of you left this out. And I too am looking foward to The Sims Castaway Stories. Hopefully that is a stand-alone game as well.

Anyways, I am thinking I might buy this game. Although my brother's computed, I could just mini it and do other stuff at the same time. It doesn't hug resorces away from me. I will really like to see the new neighborhood and the story mde.
#17 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 7:51 PM
Woah, it looks well good. I can't wait. I can't wait for Sims 2 Seasons either and I think it is soo unfair that people get to give it a test drive and asyouwish, how have you got Life and Pets? :o
So unfair.

teehee!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 11:06 PM
Wow the video is kinda cool, it gives me chills. or goosebumps. it looks like the sims 2, but without having a high definition PC.

http://www.cynamite.de/pc/downloads...oduktreihe.html
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 11:07 PM
Just watched the trailer ...

It looks EXACTLY like the sims 2.
I think it should be called The Sims 2.1 or something ...

For anyone who has already owned the sims 2 game (that should include almost all of us), stay away from this game series.

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 11:09 PM
Yeah, The Sims 2.5.a

As in 5 EP's, stand alone...
#21 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 2:36 PM
Yeah hm, it seems exactly the same. So if "Life stories" are PC-friendly, what is "the Sims2"?
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#22 Old 16th Jan 2007 at 2:44 PM
Life Stories makes less of a demand on the computer and doesn't require a custom graphics card -- that is what's meant in terms of the 'friendly'. It's laptop friendly - not everyone's system is up to running Sims 2 - it's a common recommendation on mts2 to tell people to go and buy a graphics card, for instance. And it's because of that optimization that they aren't allowing custom content, because it will slow down the game.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 12:07 AM
have you had a look at the official site yet
http://thesimsstories.ea.com/index.html
#24 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 1:45 AM
I know I will be getting this game. My laptop doesn't support Sims 2. My table top computer died a right before Christmas. My husband was kind enough to put the Sims on his computer but I have to share with him and my soon to be 5 year old son,so I can't play nearly as much as I would like. With "Life Stories" I will get to play when I want to.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 4:14 AM
Looks pretty interesting, but don't think I'm gonna get it since it's quite pointless, really :P

Better to get an EP! :D

Shoo, stop staring at this and go fly a kite.
Page 1 of 2