Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 5:03 PM
Default The sims medieval windows 8
So my parents have found a laptop they will get. I am EXTREMELY frustrated as it has windows 8, and the point was to not make the same mistake twice. They refuse to get any other laptop with 7. A professional, said it may not be the best to put windows 7 on it. BUT, I am going to play all sims 2 ep's, and the sims medieval + Pirates and nobles. Compatibility mode didn't work with sims 2, on my desktop it always crashed, I upgraded to 8.1, it stopped crashing but I get graphic and audio glitches. The sims medieval P+N won' even launch. I know it is not recommended to downgrade unless it's necessary, but I think this is very necessary!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 5:34 PM
You'll most likely need the Ultimate Fix to get Sims Medieval to work on Windows 8. Though I don't think it's been updated for Windoes 8.1.

Oh, and if you ever consider putting Sims 3 on your Windows 8 computer, download them via Origin. Windows 8 doesn't seem to like Sims 3 discs.
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 6:13 PM
Well, I'm very very unlucky with windows 8. Sims aside, I hate it anyways. I have no choice but to go to windows 7. Oh, and the sims 3 discs work ok on my computer, but that's not the game I want to play!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Dec 2013 at 8:58 PM
I don't blame you hating Windows 8, lol :P

Best of luck to you anyway! :D
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Dec 2013 at 8:48 PM
I have the Ultimate Fix in and my Windows 8.1 is running it fine... though I did install it before updating my Windows. I haven't had any trouble with my Sims 2 games either, though, so I don't know what to suggest.
Test Subject
#6 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 9:47 PM
The Ultimate Fix worked just fine for me... HOWEVER don't even dream about using mods in your game, cause they don't seem to work!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 10:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nataliarossa
The Ultimate Fix worked just fine for me... HOWEVER don't even dream about using mods in your game, cause they don't seem to work!

Not necessarily true. I have Windows 8 and the Ultimate Fix and I have a ton of mods and the game runs perfectly. But I guess it's up to machine specs really :/
Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2013 at 11:25 PM Last edited by nataliarossa : 23rd Dec 2013 at 12:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kawab
Not necessarily true. I have Windows 8 and the Ultimate Fix and I have a ton of mods and the game runs perfectly. But I guess it's up to machine specs really :/

Maybe I am doing something wrong? I highly doubt it because I've used mods before and my laptop is pretty good... Any suggestions? Please help
Field Researcher
#9 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 6:20 PM
Haven't a clue.
Test Subject
#10 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 2:47 PM
I got my game to work by installing it through origin. Not sure if mods work though