Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 4:24 PM Last edited by varpunen : 26th Sep 2016 at 9:37 AM.
Default WCIF these windows? (SOLVED)
Hi, all. I'm building a warehouse home and I found a picture of a very nice windows but can't find them. I found the building in the pic from Marcussims91 but couldn't find the windows as a seperate download (I assume they are his). I really don't want to instal the whole building full CC just to get the windows. Are they available as is? If not, then I guess I have no choice but to take the building Sims3Pack apart.

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 2:22 AM Last edited by jparks.gsp : 26th Sep 2016 at 2:49 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Hi, all. I'm building a warehouse home and I found a picture of a very nice windows but can't find them. I found the building in the pic from Marcussims91 but couldn't find the windows as a seperate download (I assume they are his). I really don't want to instal the whole building full CC just to get the windows. Are they available as is? If not, then I guess I have no choice but to take the building Sims3Pack apart.

I took a look at the files, and it seems the windows in that pic are a little misleading. Let me explain...

First, I tracked down the warehouse, and found it here: http://marcussims91.tumblr.com/post...uff-go-here-for
Second, I downloaded the rar file, which included both the Sims3Pack and Package files.
Third, I opened some of the package files in S3PE to get an idea of what each file actually was.

Based on what I saw, both the top and bottom windows seem to be the same window, a tall rectangular window about 1-tile in width (Lester Warehouse Window).
The windows then appear different, either square or arched, by adding multiples of the window, in addition to putting certain objects/columns against it (such as Lester Warehouse Interior Arch).

So it appears the windows don't automatically appear like the lower square window or upper arched window as pictured, but instead are pieced together using multiple pieces.

As an alternative, you might want to look at Cyclonsue's London Arches Viaduct sets, which includes a similar looking square and arched window:
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...set/id/1117485/
http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...-on/id/1168884/

EDIT: Just noticed there were pics included in the Lester Warehouse download, and those also just show a single rectangular window, with some pics showing cut-out columns that could create the look of an arched window.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 9:36 AM
jparks.gsp... Thank you for the trouble of going through the Sims3Pack. It didn't occur to me that it was just a plain window that was in use in those pics all along. No wonder I was a bit confused; I kept looking for two different objects. Very misleading indeed. Since the pieces - I assume - aren't available without the lot, then I think I will use those Cyclonesue's windows that you linked. They look perfect, as well. Thank you again so much.