Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#376 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 3:38 AM
Yes, even those may earn a lot.
Advertisement
Inconceivable!
#377 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 5:33 AM
I got my blog started, and chapter 1 is up!

Chapter 1: It All Started With A Meteor Strike
http://appaloosaplains.blogspot.com...ith-meteor.html

Cece- I hope you don't mind, but I borrowed your wording for the Nothing Is Free description in my gadget thingy. I can change it though if you want.
Field Researcher
#378 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 7:00 AM Last edited by tiffyandthewall : 9th Mar 2012 at 7:15 AM.
I started off with my one sim, had her marry the mailman, and start a family. I decided that I wanted my first lots to be a consignment shop and a library. I'm building everything myself. After my sim married the mailman - and quite to my surprise - he immediately aged up into an elder. So I start working him like a dog trying to skill him up in writing (and put the consignment shop on hold) so I can get a library built before he dies. He finally maxes out his writing skill, the family earns enough money to purchase the lot (36,000!) through sculpting, painting, and writing relentlessly. (At this point I stopped worrying about social workers and started worrying about worker's unions. Did I mention that I also sold everything but two sleeping bags, a toilet, the fridge, and the shower? Ah.)

The issue: I purchase the (empty but set as a library) lot, click to build/buy on it (using the family's funds, of course), and build a small library. It says there need to be three bookshelves, a desk, a toilet, a sink, yadda yadda. Got it. Then I go to send my sims there to admire the fruits of their labour, and it says "Closed" when I click on it from map view. I click to view the upgrade information, but it says I need to spend another like 20k to get the next upgrade. I have the required items there and the lot is bought though, so why is it still closed? What am I doing wrong? Do I really have to spend another 20k on a library for a town of all of 5 sims? Ours is quaint and sufficient and sized proportionately for the amount of townies.

What I ended up doing because I thought maybe there was a glitch is this: I sold it, and then bought it again, then set the familyfunds back to normal. Still closed. So I sold it again and set the familyfunds back to normal again, so the library is built but not owned by anyone. Hmm. Any help/explanations would be appreciated, because I'm a bit baffled right now.
Lab Assistant
#379 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:02 AM
From what I understood from the questions I asked about this you have to have the lot at a certain level before it is deemed as open. And for that you do have to exceed a certain amount of value. You could put up paintings, place statues to raise the value. Those could even be paintings and statues you created with your sims.
Scholar
#380 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:16 AM
My game loves screwing with my mind.

So after installing SHT I decided to play a test game for an hour to check for glitches, etc. I made a new NIF legacy just because its real easy on the game, y'know? Yes, anyway. I used Teddy and Cecilia from my Sabo legacy and... well...

One week into the game:

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Lab Assistant
#381 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 8:26 AM
Teddy looks like he's wondering what the hell went wrong :D
Inconceivable!
#382 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:24 AM
LOL, Cece.

Forum Resident
#383 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Avalikia
All Sims may earn a lot, no matter where they're from.

Thanks, though that means it's probably more beneficial for me to make the IFs real earlier.

Quote: Originally posted by calisims
I just really hated the way it would follow my kid into the bathroom all the time. The poor kid never got finish a pee or a shower because ZhenZhen was always walking in on her.
Also, they just creep me out in general, lol.

Yeah, I completely understand with that. I have my kids keep their IFs in inventory until I get the message that they want to come out and play, drag them out so they materialize, and stuff them back in the inventory when the child/owner goes to sleep. The child still plays with them and keeps the relationship high (both my teen sims have relationships of 80+ with their IFs four days in to the teen stage), but no annoying IFs wandering around.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Lab Assistant
#384 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 12:11 PM
hmm might need to check that out would save me a lot of annoyance as well!

also

UPDATE!! 1.9 Changes Take Time

And colleen? I linked your blog from mine just so you know :D
Scholar
#385 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 5:36 PM
Buckley:

Oh and I posted a link to your NIF blog on my page. LOVE the house you made. Mine... looks cute on the inside, but the outside is a mess.

Lab Assistant
#386 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 9:26 PM
Well. I had thought about blogging but I keep forgetting to take pictures and the ones I have taken are pretty poor quality! So , my new game is still in Avalon but with the Evergreen family. Im using random legacy rolls again and being stricter on the use of NPCs and heirs creating their own homes.

Founder - Ariana Evergreen. Rolled to be a single parent with one child. She bumped into a paparazzi called Michael Seward and had a one night stand. Angelus was the result. Ariana wanted to make the neighbourhood a safe one and so she wanted to build a fire station and become a firefighter. She has maxed handiness and athletics and just purchased the fire station. She also maxxed sculpting to make money.

Angelus is the next heir, he wants a large mixed family of four children.He's fanatical about science and works as a freelance scientist discovering and observing stars and satellites. He met and fell in love with Renae Do, the consignment store clerk, and they got to work starting a family. Angelus wants to build a theatre and is currently working on his guitar playing and earning enough to achieve this.

Puzzle was Angelus's imaginary friend who Angelus brought to life after he discovered the potion. Puzzle built the consignment store. He made best friends with the mail person, Linda Edge and asked her to move in with them. She wanted a bit more but his interests lie in the other direction.

Linda is a bit of a loner but was glad of a decent home in Avalon so she takes care of the garden and cooking for the household. She wants to build a supermarket so everyone can buy fresh produce.

Renae is a creative soul and finds writing novels an easy way to make money and become famous whilst raising lots of children. She's aiming for the bookstore.

Byron, son of Angelus and Renae, is still a baby and not an heir so im not sure what to do with him yet.
Test Subject
#387 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 1:35 AM Last edited by ogamaga : 10th Mar 2012 at 1:59 AM.
Do Simbots count as sims for earning community lots?
Just want to be sure.

edit - Are there any limitations regarding simbots at all?
Test Subject
#388 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 1:46 AM
I have so much fun reading your updates and blogs, everyone

I have chapter 2 up http://kindlerlegcy.blogspot.com.au/
Scholar
#389 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:22 AM
Because some people were asking about towns with no EPs, I thought I'd show the one I am using.

Springville:
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=384596
There is also an Autumntown with the same layout but more places to add lots. It comes empty except for the rabbit holes and a few parks that are easily wiped out. There is no CC and it's base game only. It is a small - medium sized town.

While at first I was put off because the map is a bit squarish when you pull out, I think it's really good for this challenge. The landscaping is very well done and every lot looks beautiful even when empty.

It's smallish, so once you get one of each kind of lot on the map, it can be almost full depending on how many residential houses you decided to use. And also because it's small, the load times are really quick and I've had no lagging problems at all.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#390 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ogamaga
Do Simbots count as sims for earning community lots?
Just want to be sure.

edit - Are there any limitations regarding simbots at all?

Simbots do count as Sims and there are no special limitations regarding them.
Instructor
#391 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 10:07 AM
Quick update:

Jolene got her bookstore and now works there part time
Grady got the diner and has mastered painting just cos he can
Liam (Jolene and Grady's eldest) married the maid, Warren, and is working towards the supermarket
Because Warren came in as charasmatic, I'll have him work towards a school.
Once Warren has their kid (funny watching a guy being pregnant) I'll have him/her work towards the Town Hall/Police Station/Military Base combo...

Jolene and Grady have moved in, and out, 4 NPC's. I have to get some more through to even up the sexes.
Lab Assistant
#392 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:01 AM
This is a super cool challenge, I made my first family (Ingrid Jesu) and got her married to a maid on the first day

I am wondering, how can I place rabbit holes like the bistro etc in my town? In the edit town mode, the only lots in the community bin are the Late Night ones and I really don't want skyscrapers in my town :/ I want to use the Twinbrook style ones.
Inconceivable!
#393 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by backpedal
I am wondering, how can I place rabbit holes like the bistro etc in my town? In the edit town mode, the only lots in the community bin are the Late Night ones and I really don't want skyscrapers in my town :/ I want to use the Twinbrook style ones.

When you go into build mode on a community lot, there is a section called "Community Objects" or something along those lines. All the rabbitholes are in that category. You just place them on the lot, like you would any other object.
Lab Assistant
#394 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:38 AM
Thanks!

Would the challenge work if I just did it in a town like Twinbrook and removed all the buildings in Edit Town before I began?
Scholar
#395 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 3:28 PM
@backpedal - I did that exact thing with Sunset Valley when I first tried the challenge. Just a warning - it's a bigger task than you might think. I spent hours fixing up the town and then I had to go back into the editor because I'd discover some area was designated something other than no visitors allowed and NPCs were spawning and standing around there. It's TOTALLY doable, but it just can take a long time to fix it all up.
Test Subject
#396 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 5:06 PM
Will you release rules for the showtime lots? I'd love to know what you would advise.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#397 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 5:14 PM
I cannot release rules for Showtime lots as I do not have the expansion and my knowledge of it is very limited, sorry! I will attempt to come up with some possible rules as soon as I can, but in the meantime feel free to create your own rules for them with my current rules as a guide.
Lab Assistant
#398 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 8:11 PM
Well, I have taken the plunge and started a blog, even though I said yesterday I wouldn't. I don't like being defeated so here it is!

Chapters 1 - 1.5

Please tell me what you think but be gentle, it's the first time i've ever done anything like this!
Instructor
#399 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 10:32 PM
Wow, this is an interesting challenge! I immediately reinstalled Create-A-World after reading the rules, and I'm using an empty Sunset Valley to make a new world (I'm going to name it Farland, since my founder is going to be named Polaris 'Polli' Far). I've never successfully completed any challenge, so we'll see how I do--I love building, though, so hopefully that'll maintain my interest.

It's Spring Break for me, and I was planning to get a lot done (homework, grading, cleaning my house, etc.). Not anymore!
Scholar
#400 Old 10th Mar 2012 at 11:46 PM
Update!

Ch. 11 - My Name is Ellie http://evansimslegacy.blogspot.com/...e-is-ellie.html

We've got a new narrator!

Page 16 of 39