Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2008 at 4:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Kitchen & Bath SP Content Missing
I installed K&B SP a week ago - no problems. Played yesterday - redid an entire kitchen with the SP - no problem. Today I went ingame to play and was surprised to discover that all the items that came with the SP had vanished from my buy mode catalogue as well as the lot I was playing. The SP is definitely installed (see image) and the Collection folders are still there - but the folders are empty! I have no idea how this happened or what caused it to occur. I removed all CC from my D/L folder and tried again - still no luck.

So what have I done to the game since yesterday? Installed Selzi's replacement face templates, and matching walls and floors for K&B Stuff. I also used SimPE to extract 1 ingame sim. (I have the lastest SimPE). Could one of these actions have caused my weird problem. And how can I fix it? I am not too thrilled about uninstalling... so any suggestions would be most welcome.

Any and all suggestions would be most welcome.
Screenshots

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th May 2008 at 7:49 PM
Have you tried installing Kitchen & Bath again? No need to uninstall it first, just install over the top.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2008 at 8:28 PM
Okay - it would not let me re-install without first uninstalling. So I have reinstalled and the content is showing ingame. I must have had a glitch during the original installation - as I now noticed a few items in the catalogue that did not show up before.

Thanks for the advice. I just hope it does not happen again!

I've never been married, but I tell people I'm divorced so they won't think something is wrong with me.
- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th May 2008 at 2:30 PM
I did hear of this happening to someone with the anygame starter, as it is not updated to K&B I believe.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th May 2008 at 4:54 PM
I currently do not have the Anygame Starter installed (although it was installed when I originally installed the SP), and now sadly the SP content has mysteriously vanished (again) since last night...
Oh well, until I find a solution I will simply do without it.

- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th May 2008 at 6:05 PM
Have you tried bypassing the launcher? There are instructions here for doing it with BV, just substitute the folder and exe file for K&B (whatever that is): Game Help:Bypassing Bon Voyage Launcherwiki.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th May 2008 at 6:41 PM Last edited by eedgan : 5th May 2008 at 7:04 PM. Reason: Added more info
whiterider: I'll try that now - will post if I have any success. Thanks for all the help so far

**Edit**

Nope, tried it - no luck - at least that got rid of the silly launcher

- Anonymous

Sideways Garage Tutorial
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 16th May 2008 at 3:12 PM Last edited by sinniti : 17th May 2008 at 12:02 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I did hear of this happening to someone with the anygame starter, as it is not updated to K&B I believe.

Yes, thats me!

Ok for the person who started the thread (sorry forgot your user name!) do you have the AnyGameStarter on your PC? If so I think this one of the majour problems why K&B is not showing. On the thread it does clearly state do not install if you have any EP/SP newer than FREETIME. I was stupid and installed it anyway and thats why my K&B stuff dissapeared. If you think this is why your K&B stuff had gone dont worry easily fixed.

Life is a curious game..