Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 1:29 PM Last edited by EllenRebecca3 : 21st Mar 2015 at 4:35 PM.
Default The Matilda Challenge
Characters: Mr. and Mrs. Wormwood, Michael (Matilda's brother), Matilda, Miss Honey, Lavender, Miss Trunchbull, and possibly Miss Honey's father, Magnus.

Lots: The Wormwood's house, Miss Honey's cottage, The Red House (Miss Trunchbull's home).

The final goal is to move Miss Trunchbull out of her lot and move Miss Honey and Matilda into it.
Throughout gameplay:
- Matilda's parents and Miss Trunchbull bully Matilda regularly
- Matilda reads at least two books every day and keeps grade A's at school
- Matilda gets her revenge on her parents and Miss Trunchbull by pranking them (e.g. Setting a trap in the shower for Mr. Wormwood so his hair changes colour)
- In early gameplay, Matilda visits the library regularly and joins the Book Club (use the computer)
- Matilda makes friends with Miss Honey and Lavender.
- Matilda makes enemies with Miss Trunchball, deeply dislikes her parents, and maximises her writing skill as quickly as possible.
- Miss Honey visits the Wormwoods' house and is spoken to rudely by Mr. and Mrs. Wormwood.
- Utlimately, Matilda and Miss Honey move in to The Red House together

Mr. Wormwood's traits - Mean, Ambitious, Absent-Minded, Couch Potato, Kleptomaniac
Mr. Wormwood must have a decent number of charisma skills and be in the Criminal career path. He has to bully Matilda until the two dislike each other. The player can make Mr. Wormwood steal neighbours' cars if they wish, and sell them for extra money, but he must not be arrested.
Mr. Wormwood (in the book) is thin, has black hair and a black moustache; he wears horrible, garish suits, including one with a red and orange stripe, and yellow or lime-green ties.

Mrs. Wormwood's traits - Absent-Minded, Couch Potato, Mean, Natural Cook, and Diva.
Mrs. Wormwood does not work, but instead spends her days going out to watch movies, live a leisurely life, and does nothing that improves her skills except for watching cooking channels on TV. She bullies Matilda until the two dislike each other.
Mrs. Wormwood is heavily built (in the book), wears heavy make-up, and has platinum-blond hair.

Michael's traits - Absent-Minded, Couch Potato, Kleptomaniac. It is written in the book "he had clearly inherited his father's love of crime."

Matilda's traits - Genius, Bookworm, and Brave. Matilda must read at least two books every day, sign up for after-school classes, make best friends with Miss Honey, and make friends with a customised school girl to be Lavender (Matilda's school friend from the book).
Matilda (from the book) is skinny, has very long, straight dark hair with a fringe, and deep brown eyes. She wears a long blue dress.

Lavender's traits - Animal Lover, Friendly, Brave. She is described in the book as skinny, dark-haired, and has deep-brown eyes.

Miss Honey's traits - Bookworm, Friendly, Good, Frugal, and Nurturing. She must live in a tiny cottage where she is very poor. She is enemies with Miss Trunchbull from the start of the game (use testingcheatsenabled true to achieve this). She should be at a level 4 in the Education career (elementary school teacher).
Miss Honey is described in the book as very slim and has light-brown hair. She wears large, round glasses (according to the book's illustrations).

Miss Trunchbull's traits - Athletic, Mean, Hates Children, Ambitious, and No Sense of Humour. She is Miss Honey's aunt. If the player wishes, they may make Miss Honey's father, Magnus, whom the player kills (or uses a certain mod to have Miss Trunchbull kill him) at the start of gameplay, and place his tombstone in the back garden of The Red House. Miss Trunchbull must have a level 9 in the Education Career (principal/Headmistress), and bully Matilda regularly. Miss Trunchbull must becomes enemies with Matilda, and, the player may trap Matilda inside a tiny, squared off area at The Red House to substitute for her being locked inside The Chokey (only until she's uncomfortable, but don't kill her!).
Miss Trunchbull wears a military-green cotton smock, breeches, a leather belt with a huge silver buckle, wears her hair in a bun, and carries a riding crop. Don't panic if this look can't be achieved, but make whatever comes second best. She must look big, intimidating, and very strong.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 1:43 PM
this sounds awesome. will definitely try this challenge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 3:28 PM Last edited by EllenRebecca3 : 20th Mar 2015 at 3:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by emmalouiseh

Ooh that's exciting! Please send me a link to your YouTube channel so I can subscribe and watch your gameplay. I'm keen to see the story play out. ^_^ I envisioned the characters the way Roald Dahl describes them in the book (I recently listened to a Youtube upload of Kate Winslet reading the whole thing!! So, it's fresh in my mind).

I look forward to seeing what you come up with, and thanks for your interest in my challenge. :-)

Ellen
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Mar 2015 at 10:42 PM
I love this! Imma try it for The Sims 4 though cuz that's what I have open at the moment
Test Subject
#5 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EllenRebecca3
Ooh that's exciting! Please send me a link to your YouTube channel so I can subscribe and watch your gameplay. I'm keen to see the story play out. ^_^ I envisioned the characters the way Roald Dahl describes them in the book (I recently listened to a Youtube upload of Kate Winslet reading the whole thing!! So, it's fresh in my mind).

I look forward to seeing what you come up with, and thanks for your interest in my challenge. :-)

Ellen

Sorry but I don't make youtube vidoes but I am excited to give the challenge ago. Have started to make the sims
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 1:42 PM
Sorry but I don't make youtube vidoes but I am excited to give the challenge ago. Have started to make the sims

Oh ok, never mind. :-) I'm still glad you like my idea. ^_^ I came up with a second one called Bella Goth's Stalker Challenge I wrote and posted yesterday, but I'm not sure if it's been 'allowed'. (It's more like a story than a challenge and I may have posted it in the wrong forum). I'll try again if it hasn't worked.

All the best,

Ellen
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 21st Mar 2015 at 1:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ican'teven
I love this! Imma try it for The Sims 4 though cuz that's what I have open at the moment

Fair enough - Go for it! :-D If you can, please upload your gameplay to YouTube so we can enjoy your reactions. If you can't that's ok, I'm just keen to see what people come up with. :-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:40 PM
Default Update?
Quote: Originally posted by Ican'teven

Hello! It's been nearly a month since The Matilda Challenge was started, how did you get on? :-)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:41 PM
Default Having fun or needs improvement?

Hiya! How did you find The Matilda Challenge?