Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 2:26 AM
Default Dead Dog in Limbo disabling Edit Town
I had a lot with 1 elderly man, 1 child, 2 dogs and 3 cats. The old man died and while he was waiting for the grim reaper to show up, one of the dogs died. The grim reaper came and took care of the old man and then left, leaving the dog in ghost form, unable to interact with anyone in the household. When the old man died, I added another adult to the household because I didn't want to lose it (the social worker would take the child and the household would become unplayable). I continued to play the game, hoping that the dog ghost problem would take care of itself. The problem continued. So, I deleted the dog's ghost, which didn't fix anything. Now, I am unable to "Edit Town", move, travel, enroll sims in University. I tried asking another sim to move into the household in the hope that I could move the new person in and move the dog's ghost to the other lot. That didn't work. I was able to move in another person but not able to move anyone out. I added an elderly sim to the household and then used the "testing cheats" code to kill him (by aging up) because I thought having the grim reaper come to the lot might solve the issue with the dog's ghost. It went smoothly in removing the elderly sim but didn't change the ghost situation. I am at a loss and I really want to save this household. Is there anything else I can try?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 3:11 PM
Hm.. I use Nraas Mastercontroller when encoutering these sort of bugs. In Townhall -> Nraas Master Controller -> City -> Bury the dead might be a start. And then Nraas Master Controller -> City -> Reset everything

I hope this helps.

Building a Middle Earth world for Sims 3 sims3medieval.tumblr.com/tagged/CAWLOTR :-)
Do you have a simblr? If so, I would love to connect :-) http://sims3medieval.tumblr.com/