Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 10:11 PM
Default Must I remove sims from an existing world before editing it?
I'm editing Sunset Valley in CAW, for the purpose of adding new lots and making them look right, and to avoid the routing issues caused by using the world editor. I want to keep all the original households, and am not planning to add new ones, or even move them to different houses. Is it necessary to annihilate the population and then add them all back in when I'm finished editing the world? I've read the tutorial on populating worlds, but I'd rather skip that step if it won't mess up my world to just leave the population intact as I edit.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CalistaDrake
I'm editing Sunset Valley in CAW, for the purpose of adding new lots and making them look right, and to avoid the routing issues caused by using the world editor. I want to keep all the original households, and am not planning to add new ones, or even move them to different houses. Is it necessary to annihilate the population and then add them all back in when I'm finished editing the world? I've read the tutorial on populating worlds, but I'd rather skip that step if it won't mess up my world to just leave the population intact as I edit.

You can leave them in the world as long as you don't move any occupied lots. If you need to move a populated lot, you can go into edit town, evict the household, then either delete them, or place them in another residential lot.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2014 at 11:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by auntielynds
You can leave them in the world as long as you don't move any occupied lots. If you need to move a populated lot, you can go into edit town, evict the household, then either delete them, or place them in another residential lot.

Thank you. I'm glad to know that.