Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 2:44 AM
Default The benefit of being a monarch is...?
I simply don't really see the benefits of being King/Queen. Royal Advisor or Blank the Servant don't cut it for me. I was expecting a whole aristocratic court, not some random commoners walking into the Palace. Anyone else wish they made the King more Kingly?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 3:01 AM
Yeah, I'm sick of my monarch always having to make his/her own food cause the damn servant hangs around the church all the time. I keep sending them to the stocks but it doesn't seem to change their behavior.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 3:14 AM Last edited by henryV111 : 22nd Apr 2011 at 3:50 PM.
What really irritates me is when the king/queen marries they may not be Royal Consort. And It I hated the people stoped bowing to my Monarch. I was like what? Besides, there should be more privileges for the king. Like ennobling a person or ordering the arrest of a sim (there should be a prison). I was hoping there would be a quest where the palace would be raided and the monarch placed under house arrest(Louis XVI and the Tuileries for instance). But to no avail..
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2011 at 8:53 AM
Once you get the feast hall open and a few more territories annexed, the foreign leaders act as your court. I put a stage in the feast hall which means the bard is often around, and between that and the kegs the 'nobles' are just stuck in endless party mode. I've actually been really happy with the court.

~~like a dirty dog
Instructor
#5 Old 23rd Apr 2011 at 8:58 AM
For me, the main benefit is... that I can send people to the Pit (death penalty). Priceless. I always thought there were not enough deaths in Sims 3.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 12:46 AM
Even still, I don't find the "Palace" particulary grand, the freaking spy's corders are more lavish than the King's! And I wish it was "Queen Consort" instead of "Royal Consort", though that's fairley minor. Is there any power/privilege you wish you could do? I wish you could take over a religion and make your self the head of it, and see the consequences.
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by delonariel
Once you get the feast hall open and a few more territories annexed, the foreign leaders act as your court. I put a stage in the feast hall which means the bard is often around, and between that and the kegs the 'nobles' are just stuck in endless party mode. I've actually been really happy with the court.

You put a stage in the feast hall? That is just a really clever and fun idea! I will have to try that.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 9:54 PM
^I've been trying to fit a stage in the hall but can't. That's a good idea!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 2:55 PM
I also placed a stage almost immediately and there is no problem. Rearrange the tables and chairs a bit to give some space and place it flush with the back to the far wall. And delonariel is right; the bard is always there.