Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 8:33 PM
What Does Churdle's Potion Do?
I've gotten Churdle's potion quite a few times coming back from the village but I've never been brave enough to use it. What does it do to your Sim if they drink it?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 8:46 PM
One of two things can happen.
1. A +40 or +50 mood boost, I can't remember which.
2. A -40 or -50 mood boost.

Basically it could make your sim feel great, but it could also make your sim feel like crap instead.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kawab
One of two things can happen.
1. A +40 or +50 mood boost, I can't remember which.
2. A -40 or -50 mood boost.

Basically it could make your sim feel great, but it could also make your sim feel like crap instead.

Thanks, now that I know it won't kill me next time I get one I'll try it out.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 30th Nov 2013 at 11:03 PM
I have read that Churdle's Potion does kill a sim who drinks it. I believe I read this either om Sims Wikipedia or Carl's Sims Medieval Guide web site. However that was referring to the Sims Medieval, and not Pirates and Nobles.
I mention this as a factor, as many situations I have encountered are not always as has been told or directed on web sites guides for this game, and a few examples are my knight having the politics ability by the game default. He doesn't, and never has, no matter what version of the game I play. I have read multiple times over these few years of researching this, that the spy, and knight both have the politics ability by the game default. In fact it was Gandaalf herself from EA Games TSM forum who made mention of the knight and spy having the politics ability by game default. I also read this on many other sites as I mentioned. Along with this circumstance of my game play is that by game default my Jacoban Priest has the politics ability. I have never read anywhere at any time of any other Sims Medieval/PandN game player having their J Priest as having the politics ability, by game default. For a short time after installing the digital version of TSM and using TZ DynamicProfession package mod, I had believed I had finally rid my Jacoban Priest of the politics ability without having to modify the setting myself as the first occasion I had to check, the ability did not show itself, but I must've been drunk when I did it, as now every time I check, BAM! He has it. After creating him, I have him click on the default tactics table in order to check what options he is given, and every time he is offered to propose an edict. This actually seems unfair to the Peteran Priest, as he has no abilities to affect the outcome politically of the kingdom in such a direct manner as his opposition. I have always viewed the Jacoban religion as somewhat evil, or not of the people, as it were. However I am also totally opposed to the kingdom giving funds to the Peteran church for low donation counts. Just throwing in an opinion there as to separation of church and government since I was so close to the subject in mentioning the behvior of the game for me.
But I think it would be kind and very informative for me if any readers would not mind checking their Jacoban Priest for the ability of politics in their default settings, and let me know here in this thread what the outcome is for them? Have politics ability or no? Can your Jacoban Priest propose an edict and vote with the territory leaders at the default tactics table?
Why would the developers of TSM/P&N give such an ability to a Priest, and then only just one of them, and not the other? Its so very wrong.

Thanks to any who might check in their games. I certainly appreciate the effort.

There are more situations, Rory, but not important enough at this moment to mention, so I give you this notice, and warning. SAVE your game before drinking that junk Churdle's Potion in case I am right about dying, then you will lose nothing but a bit of time and gained a small bit of annoyance only, but not lost your progress, because I tell you even small events that occur in game between sims one to another, even in personal conversations or acts on behalf of a sim, especially your hero sims, by another hero sim, INDEED has an effect on the game play in future within that same kingdom. This all pertains to the gossip mod Chickie and Grim have been working on, as you see this gossip action between sims in game is very real, example is, my babe king was just married, had to do the political marriage so the doc and wizard could make the energy potion since my game has been acting screwy again and will not bring the event in the forest to either drink or not the waters of the pond, to get fresh breath buff and 4 energy potions, for you see, an active hero sim must come into contact with the potions in this manner before they can be reproduced by a hero sim if they craft at the crafting table, being the physician, and the wizard only, the spy can't make it. My king is also a wizard, so if he comes into contact with the energy potions with this event in the forest of drinking the water, he can then make it at level 5 at the crafting table same as the wizard, so he can bypass having to marry Princess Eliane of Effenmont if he chooses. But anyway, this one time I decided to have the Jacoban Priest's wife murder her this time as Eliane had shown up in the church almost immediately after having married Xylan in the Peteran church the quest before and simply minutes ago in sim time, never having even walked home to the throne room with him after saying I DO. He was going to annul the marriage with her anyway, but I had to choose another quest with other of my sims at this time, so I chose to have her murdered, but it is her fault as I was just trying to force the Jacoban Priest's child to bed as she was misbehaving and trying to go to the tavern at 3am, when she was drained to the brink of energy and then trying to sleep in her daddy's bed instead of her own, so since the J wife suddenly woke up, she became the vessel for a murderous misdeed, but she has a nature of stinky attitude, so I thought how perfect! Oops lost on a tangent...anyway, it was just a short time later that it was known to Xylan that the elfin witch was dead...I tend to dislike the habits of spouses in this game immensely, btw, ah! touchy Marquess Kiera so touchy about having her ankles complimented ended a marriage with her, she having been mean to Xylan afterwords and then cheating on him...we made her pay good for this behavior...but anyway, news travels fast in TSM/P&N sim to sim, and its the only way one can logically explain information passed to other sims in other locations within the game, if one is viewing their kingdom as a "real" fantasy world, such as is intended a gamer do when they play any game...I think its called...PRETEND....LOL, so this is where I am trying to push Chickie in the direction of when she is working on this mod she mentioned. Can you even begin to imagine the potential of such a mod???? I can't but I am imagining a HECK of a lot of STUFF!

Chickie, if you are reading this I ESPECIALLY HOPE with all my heart and soul the YOU can imagine the humongo potential of a gossip mod, and you know what dear lady? If I had a choice on who would produce such a mod, I would not choose anyone other than you, and that is because I believe you put a part of yourself into each project you do. I feel this, like perhaps a bit of your personal dreams, and or desires go into the mods when you craft them. But its just my opinion, though in my world its also the most important, and its what I think.

Take it easy as you pleasy, Chickie Babe and Rory too. Bless and kiss the best whomever you think he be...Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 12:11 AM
Then don't read it. It's mostly intended for Rory since she is more new in playing the game than others. I feel particularly fond of Rory, so have added quite a bit of detail for her benefit, and any others desires of knowing some inner secrets, or facts about the game.

This forum should be a place where members feel welcomed and at ease with each other, not a place where they are afraid to post their experiences with the game because another member decides to criticize another's method of posting, rather than relax and enjoy their time here.

You made a good mod that I loved, but you are not much of a conversationalist, I think. That is sad to me.

Xeny

Quote:
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 1:31 AM
To prevent this thread turning into something else, I've sent you a PM instead, Xeny. In short, my post wasn't meant to be offensive, but I see now why it would be viewed as such.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 1st Dec 2013 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
But I think it would be kind and very informative for me if any readers would not mind checking their Jacoban Priest for the ability of politics in their default settings, and let me know here in this thread what the outcome is for them? Have politics ability or no? Can your Jacoban Priest propose an edict and vote with the territory leaders at the default tactics table?

I've had a look with my Jacoban Priest, and he can't propose edicts or vote. You have one lucky Priest >_>
Scholar
#8 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 7:52 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 2nd Dec 2013 at 8:04 AM.
The default abilities of the Jacoban priest are
Jacoban Faith
Jacoban Low Faith
Politics
Gathering
and if you have Sim Recruits Combat All Heroes mod that includes the Jacoban Priest, then they'll have the combat skill too.
I have checked in game as well and yes, my Jacoban priest can pass an edict.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 3:53 PM
I killed my priest and the new one can o:
Field Researcher
#10 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 3:13 AM
Wow! Thanks ladies and gents! Finally I know I am not the only one! It has taken me forever to get information from others on this. Cheers to all!

Quote:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 5:00 AM
Xeny, I checked my Jacoban priest and he can propose edicts. I agree with you that this goes against our modern ideas about the separation of church and state, but in the Medieval period this would have been the norm.

As for Churdle and his drug pushing, I have the potion but refuse to drink it. In my opinion Alice was an idiot for drinking from the "drink me" bottles and eating food which was obviously spiked with hallucinogenic drugs. I'm surprised the girl didn't take some hits from the caterpillars hookah too! She's a rehab case waiting to happen.

Personally I've found the Effenmont quest very annoying. I either ignore it or leave it until the last. My Queen does not marry for political gain. After the death of her father, King Chavley, in tragic circumstances, (he died from the cumulative toxic effects of pit beast urine, which he was using as a spray tanner) it took her a long time to earn the people's trust and gain her natural leadership trait. She should throw all that away for some ambitious upstart? I don't think so! Will you do me the favor of telling me, in detail, how I can do the quest without having to marry the Elf guy? Annulling the marriage first thing when I start a new quest works fine, but I would rather not have to do that.

Thanks for taking an interest in my little troubles. As a newbie, all help is greatly appreciated.

Rory
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd Dec 2013 at 5:06 AM
Xeny,

I forgot to ask what is the "TZ DynamicProfession package mod" and what does it do? It's not one that I've noticed here in the threads I've searched.

Thanks, Rory
Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 2:03 PM
http://modthesims.info/t/439543

The above link is the TZ DynamicProfession package mod. For me its like a mini Grim's Medieval Core. It allows for any sim to have the abilities of any or all other professions in game. For example my Xylan is a wizard besides the monarch, he also has metalworking and Geology as I cannot bear waiting for him to be able the wear the better looking mail, as my blacksmith sometimes does not enter the game until very late. Plate mail and Steel plate mail are horribly ugly! I give some of m sims combat ability as it helps them xp up faster, Doc Blade Bungle makes poisons, as well as docking around. My spy is also a trader, and it is good having skilled fighters in almost every quest to keep the misbehaving sims in line/check.
Also other options are added, like to remove abilities, murder sim by...just like Grims core, but without all the extra stuff in the core that make it difficult to find a response or choice of action you want your sim to make, as with his core, its like needing to read a phone book first before one can make a telephone call. Takes about 5 minutes sometimes just to find the action and perform it, and much of the interactives in Grim Core I have no need for. I do use Grims Core, but most of the time without the sim interactives one can choose in the options menu. DZ is much smaller with all the interactives I need, but I do experience a problem with the two both being in my packages folder.
When I want to make a selection in the options menu in Grims Core, and then select ENTER, the menu freezes and so does the game. Each time I must click Q, and TAB and F1 and F2, and ESC, and space bar, and whatever else until it finally lets go of whatever it is holding onto and then select to cancel as I do not wish to exit the game, and usually when it snaps me back into the game, it puts me in decorate mode, when before I was in Live Mode. But that is not the worst of the troubles I experience with these two mods together. The worst is my traders lot. Grims Core and my trader do not get along. When I have my sim I'm playing approach the trader in their yard/lot, in order to make a purchase, the game begins to jerk, and finally freeze when I do either click on the stall and select buy from stall, and also if I click on the merchant and select purchase or buy from the stall. Also the whole of my game begins to lag and choke, the frame rate nearly suffocating, best way I can put it to explain the enormous suffering the game is going through. Its like watching an old half burned film made out of the 1890's on new video hardware without a restoration process. Its ugly and painful.
I believe with my whole heart it is the combo of the two together because I have worked with these two mods for a length of time, remoing, adding and testing them over and over, each time evidence shows that it is them. I also can't play with Chickie's foods mods, with the new spawning plants/flowers. My last ambition I tried, and everything wacky under my sim moon happened in that ambition. I had to cheat on my last quest to obtain my final 4 points for knowledge, as I was so tired of having to repeat the quest from point one, as the game was locking up in CAS, and the accept button remained depressed without releasing, or putting me back into game mode. The Q button to quit would not work. So I must still dream of baked sausage pie for my sims instead of having them truly sample some, as the Gastrobury recipes never have shown up at any time for me in any game i have played. So cheese pie is a staple in my sim honies lives, I fear, and will probably be forever.

There isn't anyway to bypass the Effenmont quest without having to marry the elfin, if you play the quest, but you may prefer playing it with the spy, rather than the knight, because the quest with the knight involves a seduction of sorts which hints at love, which Xylan has learned after a long time but quickly, that he could never love a woman such as Eliane is. Regardless of her traits, which vary, she has always wandered the kingdom at any hour, rarely approaches the king for any reason, is not affectionate, doesn't like being around Xylan, and never stays long to even make 1 sentence to any other sim, yet she walks around like she is a godess. He used to appoligize after annulling their marriage immediately, but once he learned her perpetual habits, he has no guilt whatsoever for only marrying her for the energy potions from her land, and recipe. Those energy potions are extremely important and necessary in my games. I keep the sims I am playing with awake 24/7 to accomplish their ranks and reso's in a timely and consistent manner, for me. Oh Eliane also tries to avoid whoo hoo. She is a terrible mother, as well as queen frgo. Queen Frgo is an awful mother, she'll drop her baby off in the baby crib, and immediately take off, walk out of the building and not even return to feed the baby. She is always earthy, but my god that is no excuse to abandon ones baby and not even feed it once! zzwhich brings me to king Frgo. I know he exists because I was looking through the profile or inventory area of Eliane's bodyguard, and his picture was in it as one of his acquaintances. I wonder if there is a quest out there that I have never played in which he appears in TSM/P&N's????? Why does the game have his picture in an elf's inventory, if he is not a character playable in the game? Otherwise, all that is said if him in TSM is that he is the husband of queen Frgo, and a warlock, and cast the spell on her that cursed her into a frog, as she was kissing her servant, the cheating toad! Maybe he was meant to be part of a future expansion pack, that now Maxis and EA Games has abandoned, the bast...shards!

I love to help folks if they need some, Rory, and even when they don't ask for it, or think they need it....LOL, so have no qualms about asking me anything you like, okees?

I am going to be soon writing my first thread, which some exciting finds in the game, and a fix of a sort for the situation some may experience when playing the cutting edge, and their blacksmith not being able to keep the sword he/she created after the game ends. I have experienced this problem my whole game play for years, except once the recipe and the catalyst recipe both showed after the end of Cutting Edge only once. I have only been able to retain the sword Seraphim twice, the Galantine, never, and never have we made the other two, I forget their names now, one starts with a B. But all are 8, 3 sharpened, and usually by the time the quest shows her long drawn face, we have had the Angel's Talon for quite some time that near every hero sim owns one including the mail, and the Demon Shroud, or Doom Plate, and sometimes the Doom Sword. I use Village shop tweak 2 mod, so we are able to craft more than one Doom Sword. Although rarely does any sim use it as it really is pointless and obsolete, even before it is crafted. It brings nothing but a view of the sim holding it losing 50% of their focus, and if fighting with it, one opponent does not die immediately at it slice. It does not seem to fight much better than any of the other higher graded swords in the game. But heck it sure does look byt...chicks in ones inventory!

But I figured out the actions one must take to keep the sword they made in The Cutting Edge, if they lose it, during the time between the blacksmith's return from the forest, at its end, into the next quest, as the game always ends abruptly before the blacksmith reenters the forest park area, his traveling line is usually only 2 3rds of the way to its end, but this is not always the factor of its being removed by the game, and not leaving it in the inventory, but it is during this time that the game removes the sword, even if ones blacksmith has the sword equipped, and even if he has combat ability. I have not yet been able to absolutely save the catalyst recipe, but I know when it is removed from the cauldren, n'er to return, and it seems related to the overload sounds the Peteran Priest makes when he automatically puts it into his own inventory. Its more like a slamming hard sound, rather than a plunk, or dropping sound. I think there is something to that.

I will write this thread out as soon as I can. If you are interested, be watching for it k, Toots?

The best to you and your sim loves, and I will love my sims and YES they do love me back, yeah cause I've got a knack for LOOOOOVE!!

Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
#14 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 7:16 AM
Rory I found out for positive what Churdle's potion does to a sim when they drink it. It makes them very sick and they lose 50% of their focus for hours. Quite a lot of hours, but now I can't recall how many. Had my bard drink it to see what would happen. She remains alive and healthy since I saved right before testing, and restarted after we saw what occurred after drinking Churdle's potion. You can thank Ryme O'Lyric for risking her life for your further benefit and knowledge of TSM&PN! LOL Rhyme is intentionally misspelled for my new bard's name just so you know I, Xeny, am no twit. LMAO! Cya soon, Rory

Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Xeny
Rory I found out for positive what Churdle's potion does to a sim when they drink it. It makes them very sick and they lose 50% of their focus for hours. Quite a lot of hours, but now I can't recall how many. Had my bard drink it to see what would happen. She remains alive and healthy since I saved right before testing, and restarted after we saw what occurred after drinking Churdle's potion. You can thank Ryme O'Lyric for risking her life for your further benefit and knowledge of TSM&PN! LOL Rhyme is intentionally misspelled for my new bard's name just so you know I, Xeny, am no twit. LMAO! Cya soon, Rory

Xeny

Thanks for that Xeny!!
I must confess that I was too nervous to try it for myself. Your help with the swords is much appreciated as I have had some trouble with them. My blacksmith doesn't retain many of the wonderful things she makes for quests and I feel cheated. I'm sorry to hear that I must marry the Elf. Annulment is the only option as I fear that killing him in the pit would bring down my relationship with
Effenmont permanently. Murder does tend to do that.
As for Chickie's recipes, I can't use them either. No delicious new food for me, they make my game crash. Oddly enough, Grim's core works perfectly well in my game. I've never had a single problem with it. Knock on wood.
Have a great holiday season and thanks again for all of your guidance,

Rory
Field Researcher
#16 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 7:23 PM
Don't be afraid of killing any Sim, even a territory leader, or any of some substantial influence such as the Prince of Effenmont. Their murders or death by other means has no effects upon the positive or negative approval rating your monarch has by that territory in question. Even the murderer, monarch or no mourns the passing of the murdered Sim as if he/she did not do the killing themselves. Not even if they murdered the "victim" by the sword manually.
I am at this time experiencing some major odd effects in my game. Every ambition since having once more re-tried Chickie's new Forsaken Foods in my first game ambition as I stated in a previous comment. Having removed them immediately after the struggling economy of my kingdom was too great to bear, since when using Chickie's Forsaken foods mods there is almost no wheat to be had for purchase in the Village Shoppe, and nothing to do about it, has not changed the wacky behavior of my games in every ambition. I find it nearly impossible for my Sims to survive, or even obtain a healthy, wealthy, happy life in the games when using the Forsaken foods mods since my kingdoms rely on the great supply of grains so much, especially wheat. 3 wheat every visit to the Shoppe is not enough to create a healthy wealthy happy kingdom, fyi, Rory. You see I had read the mods had been updated, so I had thought the issue of the low wheat availability was remedied, hence why once more I tried them, but it was not.
Examples of my games misbehavior and wacky events after retesting the Forsaken Foods mods is my Jacoban Priests persuading pirates for war secrets in order to report them to the adviser no longer works. Oh sure he can complete the task but the game does not recognize the accomplishment. He retries, and if time allows, he interrogates instead of persuades, just for in case, and we have even switched chairs, repeating the process to no avail, so now he is given the shirked responsibility, as nothing he does is tallied by the game for this responsibility. And after he kills the dirty pirate. Hey he deserves some satisfaction after his hard work attempting to do his required respo's.
Also right now in the ambition I am playing my monarch has suffered a 1000 hells trying to complete the two quests he must do in order to begin the war, as so much has gone wrong in them. Firstly, the quests responsibilities stopped showing up after he spoke to the second scout about the actions of tredony during this Shipwrecked sailor quest. Xylan roamed around the kingdom waiting for a series of hours, with no more direction from the game, we went into kingdom mode and back to live mode when one attempt in fixing the problem just locked the respo as showing even though he had completed the task. There was nothing to do after this but end the quest as a failure and replay it immediately after, which finally went through but caused some huge problems for the second quest where the leaders for Tredony and The Pirate leadership are invited to my kingdom to attempt a peaceful agreement. In this quest I also experienced the next duty not showing after about the middle of it. Once more I was forced to fail the quest and retry it. The second time around, Xylan had already escorted the Landegraabs and the Admiral to the Reception Hall for Negotiations, and had chosen the courtesan and the bard to entertain in the first try so when I played the second try those Sims were left thinking they were in the required locations, as obviously the game did not reset the sims but left them with the same "thinking" process and time frame of the 1st but forcefully failed first try of this quest. The ONLY quest participant to return to their starting point was the bard to the front gates. (his actions have given me a beginning like for him, as previously I had little) I took control of him in order to attempt to get the second bard to return to the gates as she had already left the inner kingdom to go home in the village. He balloon showed brightly same as any other participating Sims, but nothing caused her to return except his invitation through the mailbox to her. Bless her large chubby heart! However the other courtesan would not return, no matter what Xylan or any other sim did. I made the previously chosen courtesan write her an invite making them good friends, reset the sim by her location balloon multiple times, still she remained in the village. I forced the game to complete the action by holding the left click button on my mouse as I pressed the shift key on my keyboard, which gave me the sound of completion, and offered up the next required duty, however the location balloons for each courtesan remained, which still listed to check out the entertainment, and I was forced into controlling the courtesan previously chosen this whole time in order to keep her from returning the the Hall, or else definitely the 2nd time around would fail too since no sim was where they should be. In having to do this controlling of NPC's, I also had to control the Landegraabs and Admiral to force them back into the forest area. To hold them there I bought a tent and placed it into the forest clearing, lowered the Landegraabs energy making them sleepy and told them to sleep in the tent. The Admiral would not go into the tent, so I sent him to sleep in the forest. I then moved the slider to force them to sleep until 6am so as we had time to finish other matters, this is an action that failed to stop in my game. You see I later when the Admiral began walking on his own to the Hall refreshed or reset the tent the Landegraabs were sleeping in to force them out as I could not reach them inside, so as they could receive the kings welcome and be escorted to the Hall. Guess what? Xylan was unable to speak to the man, or even the son, all that shows up in options is to Wake Up, debug, and cast a spell. I have tried everything, but they remain in the games brain as asleep, even in this new quest I am now playing, which is one in which none of this tredony group is supposed to be, but yet they remain in the Reception Hall. Even the courtesan, though just hours ago I killed her.
None of the Landegrabbs can be spoken to yet, they are still asleep in a non existent tent I'm afeared. This will have a great impact on the ambitions outcome if I go into any depth in the war as they are big players in the war quests.
Anyway, the 2nd try at this negotiations quest would not end but at least I knew why. The lack of the unchosen courtesan and her location balloon remaining. There was only one last option to try. I enabled the Grim Core interactions option in my menu, and used the genealogy option to adopt the blond hag, but thank goodness that choice is reversible! Xylan was her father for only as long as it took the sl**t to enter the kingdom gates! I then removed the father relationship, and clicked to give her the dang flower, and immediately with a loud and grand blare from some orchestra the quest ended sweetly. Xylan murdered the stubborn wench immediately into the opening of the quest I am doing now. If not for this sims multiple refusals to reenter the inner kingdom, the quest may have ended as it should have the 2nd time. Now I only need to face the effects of the Landegraabs not literally waking from slumber! My thought is to reenact the sleeping scene during this newer quest I am on now, and allow them to wake naturally, and see if it causes them to return to awareness by the games grasp of the situation. Yes, they are literally awake and drinking all of the kings booze in the Hall, but the game itself does not see it as so, nor the cost of their refusal to recognize the Landegraabs awakedness, and presence where they should not be present. Oh, btw, Captain Darktide is also present, though her daughter and Blacksail appear to be MIA. Perhaps they are still at the beach. Time and more play will tell. Oh crankie!

I do plan to get round to the sword thread asap, Rory, I just need figure out a few quirks. Take Care until there be no responsibility for me! LOL Bless ya and your Beloved Sims, and enjoy their parties!

By the by, about King Frgo, I figure he must have his pic present wherever it be, as prehaps when a monarch who is also a queen plays the frog quest either eats frog legs, or rescue's a being from remaining a frog, it is a king who cheated with a servant girl, and his wife who was a witch and cast the spell to make his suffer a life of eating flies and wearing slimy skin???? LOL The cruelty of Sim punishment in the extreme!

Ta Ta Toots! Xeny

Quote:
Field Researcher
#17 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 7:12 AM
A continuation of the above for other player's info in case any experience similar troubles in-game such as I am, only now they are different, or just more of them, or both really, but I have resolved the Landegraab sleeping while awake issue....

My idea of reenacting the forest sleep for both Dacien and Demetrius eventually worked for both, however sleeping in the tent in the forest clearing only worked for Dacien. Finally I allowed them back into the Reception Hall, my sims could then speak to Dacien after he awoke on his own from inside the tent. His daddy remained asleep and awake but nearly at the end of the quest I was playing I decided to buy a bed and place it in the Hall and tell him to nap, or sleep as I controlled him. But just as an Adviser, or servant will not sleep in a bed of the kings/queens unless they are a family member such as a spouse to the monarch and also containing NO GLITCHES <----very important that, the elder Landegraab also refused to sleep or nap, and multiple times I instructed him to do so. After a few simple curses from my innocent mouth, Demetrius Landegraab finally woke from his stupor, and my hero sims could speak to him finally, had they wanted to. However, none wanted to as they did not want to encourage him in anyway other than to go home to Tredony as that is where he is supposed to be since the quest he was a participant in has been over for 3 quests now, fixing to be 4.
Darktide also remains though I and Xylan tried to rescind the Welcome to Home invite we gave her in the negotiations quest when we were trying to fix the error of not receiving any tasks from the game after he gave her a positive greeting at the beach, and YES, her daughter Misty and friend Blacksail are still at the beach. Strangely they completely ignored the Pirate recruiter during Rush to Pledge though it was likely their first time to meet her. I tried sending them home, but as you likely know, once the Watcher leaves off direct control of a sim, they sims direction from the command you gave them drops away as well.
SO, Xeny tried some other options from the "HELP" menu that shows after having testingcheatsenabled....help, yeah right, help me into an Insimity hospital more like. I suppose it is good my Blade Bungle is a medical doctor and not of the mind, eh?

I tried the cleanhouseholds command and now my monarch has no servants, and no adviser's save one, though she had disappeared for a time after typing the command into the prompt but returned as somehow the game and its decor in the town square reset itself back to the 2nd quest to start the war, ya know the one the Landegraab's the Darktide's and friends are reliving over and over? Well, Xylan's default adviser is reliving it with them as well. SO, Xeny used the command "spawn" when I realized every single townie sim was more than MIA, but bloody good and gone! If not for needing a sick sim in which to draw blood from, I would have been a very content sim Watcher, no more overly conversational sims to force out of the churches and locking them out when they chat overly loud about nonsense during the Priest/Inquisitor's sermon's. However, I needed at least one sick sim as the only ill sim in the kingdom containing perhaps two townie sims since I had typed cleanhouseholds command was already cured of the plague since the game made her presence known at the blacksmith's house, and we viewing her sick balloon, we then bought an operating table, and drained her dry in the blacksmiths yard, simply selling the operating table back to whatever magical yet invisible sim shoppe it came from once the ailing are healed....OOPS, at this time my Doc, drunk that he is was only thinking about the Grim's Blood Rum over filling his chalice, and not about the need to drain two sims using one leech a piece, or one sim draining them with 2 leeches one leech at a time in order to get two samples to help the monarch, or knight to win at the duel with any sims kingdoms best known drunk. Just so you know, none of my sims have or will partake of that gross blood concoction, ewwww, thank goodness they are good enough at this quests stage to not need to. But anyway, the game spawned a few sims alright. Geez! I have never NEVER in all my sims medieval years seen most of these sims before, and NONE of them have an address to their names. No midwife this, or Pig Keeper that, no, they only show full names like Dagar Barrow, or some such, all 7 that I encountered, but these creatures have a way with hiding then popping out of no where. I hope they are temporary, and I never see them again after this quest completes.

But my newest problems aside from the above mentioned are after trying to age a child from my monarch, they ripped her out of the kingdom and the inventory of friends and family and all went wacko for both my Jacoban Priest, and Xylan. A box went completely RED after the child went to not even the Watcher knows where, but being so upset by the condition of game play aside from the inventories and being unable to click on a marker for any sim in the list in inventory, and in trying to hopefully correct the errors in the relationships inventory, this Watcher decided to do in all of the monarch's spawns save the last, though we almost did him in too. He was standing on the precipice of death, but I simply thought to wait and see what happens with the last of his offspring, as it was bloody hard work making 5 babies, who regardless of trait were stinking brats! No child townie sim had been created by the game at all in this ambition of HARD WORKERS, so that right there is an error in itself as I have Populous II mod installed, although I also have no townie kids installed as well, but it has never stopped ALL townie kids before, and isn't supposed to, but I was happier than a rich slob swimming in ice cream when no monkey's from the village were spawned, now the game has deemed to grant me two that I am aware of, though exist they do not anymore, since this Watcher is seeking what was once before and most recently, NO TOWNIE KIDS! LOL

I kind of like kids in real life, some kids, really.

But due to this action of aging this child, this game UN-monarched my king! WTF???? Some of the commands seemed not to work, when I selected them to reinstate my Xylan as king. Finally using another sim hero to run the commands I was able to retire Xylan and then start him as a level 1 king, then re-add his levels one at a time after level 10. Not a big deal. I only had to click it 14 times. There are many more unholy problems going on ion my game, and the funkiest actions I must keep embarking upon and taking in order to continue with this ambition as I do get ever so tired of reinstalling the game, due to different issues of past, and would love to engage in my final kingdom for longer than a day, JUST ONCE after completing all of the ambitions. Yeah the first time I completed them and got into my Eternal Kingdom, it lasted for less than a full day. But its okay, at that time I used no mods and the game was running at its crappiest stage before the other crappy stage it was running in when I installed the Forsaken Foods mods and took them out and forgot to put the crazy foods in a larder, the first time I had tried them. Man was that an awful experience! I thought my game was dead forever it ran so badly!

Okees, I've yapped my fill, but I hope real hard that this info helps someone else experiencing insimity with their game same as me, and that if this ever be the case they report it here, and perhaps bigger better solutions to craziness of game in Watcher's play can be found for all who dare to challenge a games ridiculous default settings!

Yahoo, go play, and make your kingdom all you say, since it is your game, and your many simoles you paid....and paid! LOL TC y'all! Xeny

Quote: