Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 12:53 AM Last edited by Xeny : 26th May 2018 at 12:17 AM.
Default CAUGHT red-handed? Thieves in my kingdom
I believe I have solved an age old question I have had concerning theft of objects from households, such as shields, mirrors and the like in kingdoms having just begun, or having low security aspect.

My question was "are the thieves real, other sims in-game, or are the thefts just the game program removing the item for the sake of game play? "

Today, right before I came to the site, I the Watcher of the kingdom of Crye, barely by a half a second caught two NPC Sims in the theft of prepared food that had been put into the monarch's larder to hold for later for the Adviser's lunch. I peeked in the kitchen and saw a NPC get up from the table, and saw but a flash of a bowl disappearing. So fast, I questioned my sight, so I shift clicked on the Sim, she being the elfin Druidess, who I think is also a consort, like Linota. I saw what buffs she had, the one which proved her guilt was the 5 hour meal buff for 30 points towards her focus, which I knew came from the Bear stew my monarch had placed a mere 2 sim hours previously in his larder. The start time of the buff is exactly 5 hours so her buff proved she had just consumed the meal. I then checked a male Sim who seemed to have also departed the kitchen, just by his stance, and manner I suspected this. He too had the exact same buff as the elf consort Druidess.

Some may know I have a great disgust for theft of any sort in my kingdoms, so try to prevent such occurrences from happening, and surely all Watchers are aware of the theft of food run rampant by all "hungry" Sims in their kingdoms. In my case it is mostly in the throne room, and my Blacksmith's home that food is stolen by NPC's.

I then had the suspect Druidess open the monarch's larder herself, and immediately I saw one large and EMPTY bowl inside. I had her remove the bowl, and it was just as I said EMPTY. I knew there was just 2 servings left when it was put into the larder, as one can move a food item as if to sell it inside ones inventory but not sell it, and the price of the large food item will decrease as a serving is eaten or removed from the large multiple serving bowl. All foods have different prices, an example is Royal Custard is $20 a serving, so if your bowl is worth 200 simoles, you have 10 servings, etc.

What shocked me the MOST about this theft, was that they had the NERVE to open the monarch's larder in his home, and remove an item. Neither of these 2 Sims had or ever were Welcomes to Home by the monarch EVER, so as I have been playing this game for 3 years nearly everyday, but perhaps 4 days, I have come to the understanding that by game default, modded or not, NO NPC or hero sim will invade a sims home larder, or cook in their ovens, fireplaces, or spits. This action of today, seems to have proved me wrong. Though I still do not want to believe that!

The two are now convicted and DEAD, the Druidess by my knight's sword, and the male (not a well known Sim, in fact I do not recall his name from any previous game or quest I have played in 3 years. However, previously in a different Ambition, I used the command prompt in order to spawn Sims as I had CleanedHouseholds in an attempt to repair an issue I had then, but not now, and in the spawning of more sims to populate that older kingdom, sims I had not seen before nor recall any of their names came to populate that kingdom, all of them having a first and last name with no title of occupation such as our typical NPC sims do in ordinary game play. Just as this guilty male sim did who stole a serving of boar stew out of the larder. Grizelda found him guilty as charged and enjoyed a fat, yet filthy chunk of beef with slimy flesh as a before supper appetizer.

Now to the items disappearing or stolen from the walls of households of your hero Sims which you later realize when you spot the metal disc on the floor having an apology for the theft of whatever item as they could not resist the beautiful item, which for me is usually a shield, sometimes a small mirror, sometimes paintings. My doc Blade Bungle often has his paintings stolen. . .

And it is his home in which I came an inch close to actually catching an NPC stealing the item which in this particular incident was a shield which hung low in his bedroom the upper floor of the clinic. Usually he keeps his doors locked to keep NPC's, and the nurse from scarfing down his booze, or invading his table, sitting in his special chair, or stinking up his personal chamber pot. He has provided such things for his visitors and patients downstairs in the waiting room, and hospital, but this time he went out for a time without locking his doors, for whatever reasons.

The female was named Poor something. She not a well known Sim either, but there are a few Poor "first name" female sims at any one time within a kingdom, so her name really matters not at all, or little.
I had watched her actions previously to this incident in which I will tell, since the beginning of this particular quest/Ambition and saw her to be quite suspicious in her manner, as she freely entered more private type rooms/areas throughout the kingdom, especially the rooms of my Jacoban Priest, and my monarch.

Doc Blade had not been gone for long from his Clinic, maybe at most a Sim hour, but just before leaving on his errand, he had a drink, as he has the drunkard trait, and filling him up makes his focus higher, without an surprise need for a drink arriving right when there may be a crucial moment where he needs his highest focus available. The Yellow Shield was on the wall at that stage in time, as it is perhaps a foot away from the docs favorite chair on the wall. In no way could it be missed, or unnoticed if it was suddenly absent.

I generally teleport my Sims across the kingdom instead of making them walk to here or there, as the speed of accomplishing tasks is much greater the faster a Sim reaches the destination of the location in which a task is to be performed. I mention this to allow readers to understand that in no way from my Watchers view could the presence of an NPC be UNDETECTED as I had Doc Blade returning home, and when he did, only ONE NPC was present inside the Clinic, just departing the Doc's bedroom, through the door between the upper room of the Clinic, and the lower middle or second room, so NOT the front room doorway to the second room on the lower floor. There is no other place for her to have been but for the top floor of the Clinic.

Immediately thinking she may have stolen a few drinks, I rushed to check the cask upstairs for the number of drinks left. I use SimRecruits cask servings 100, but regardless, they still cost quite a bit of simoles, and Doc despises theft as much as this Watcher, especially when he has worked to the bone to achieve his goals, and the thief worked not at all, nor earned. As I enter through the upper wall to view the room, it took me but a second to not see what I should have seen almost immediately when My eyes could see what is hidden when out in Watcher View. The Yellow Shield was GONE!

Not even the nurse was inside the clinic, she visiting the Jacoban Church at the time.

No the NPC did not have the shield on her person (inventory), but she wouldn't assuming she in fact did steal the shield from Doc's wall. ChickieTeeta knows this, as she and I had discussed similar events where items went missing after attempting to move/exchange inventory items from one hero sim to another. I believe this is due that the TSM Pirates and Nobles game is programmed to make these events occur so as to show visually the effects of the lack of the kingdom aspects in a kingdom for realism's sake, and perhaps a laugh or 600 but more likely both.

Yes, the Poor female sim in question is no longer with this world. We were kind to her though, and gave her a quick death. She only screamed once.

So my conclusion thus far in answer to my question is, NPC Sims are the actual thieves sent by the program of the game, so INDEED they CAN be CAUGHT!

Hope you enjoyed the information and thread directly from the events which took place in this kingdom of Crye, which is currently active, and the kingdom of Justice, which is now complete.

I think I may be needing a mod which will allow Hero Sims to hire a guard to watch over their homes. Perhaps a few sellswords might be interested?

Take it easy Simmers,

Xeny

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Feb 2014 at 7:02 AM Last edited by RoryAusten22 : 20th Feb 2014 at 7:35 AM.
Xeny,
You did it!! Congratulations!

Do you have Simmodder99's Monarch's Feast mod? I have this and it increases the number of servings on large menu items to 12. Although sometimes, if I forget and leave it out everybody and their brother will gobble it all up!
I also use SimRecruit's faster cooking with 3 day spoilage.
When I start a kingdom I'm always broke so it's nice to have more food for the money I spend.

I too have had items mysteriously disappear. I've decided that the castle is haunted

My next quest will be The Cutting Edge, I hope it turns out better that last time.

Let me know how your situation turns out,

Rory
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Feb 2014 at 8:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoryAusten22
Xeny,
You did it!! Congratulations!

Do you have Simmodder99's Monarch's Feast mod? I have this and it increases the number of servings on large menu items to 12. Although sometimes, if I forget and leave it out everybody and their brother will gobble it all up!
I also use SimRecruit's faster cooking with 3 day spoilage.
When I start a kingdom I'm always broke so it's nice to have more food for the money I spend.

I too have had items mysteriously disappear. I've decided that the castle is haunted

My next quest will be The Cutting Edge, I hope it turns out better that last time.

Let me know how your situation turns out,

Rory

Yes, I do Rory, but with only 12 servings, those servings are intended for Xylan's 4 adviser's and 4 servants, and sometimes guests, and sometimes Xylan, although usually Xylan keeps a baked large food item in his inventory so he can eat some when and wherever he happens to be in his kingdom. This way he is never forced to need to hurry or run anywhere in order to acquire a meal. It's already prepared in his inventory, and if I forget that he is hungry, he will not and will take a portion of food out of his inventory on his own...of course when I see him do it, I am ashamed! LOL I forgot the PC image love of my life's hunger! I apologize to him immediately as he munches away!

Simmodder99 also has a mod that feeds 100, its called Watcher's Feast or something similar, but I won't use that as likely the 100 would spoil before it could be fully consumed, and that is another personal dislike of mine, which is wasting food or throwing food away. Yes, I know it isn't real food, but I have the sims live in the kingdom the same as I believe is proper...It is Watcher Xeny's Justice that must prevail in them. Besides, I think once a monarch allows a NPC to dine in the throne room, they continue to come back expecting it, on THEIR time, not his, and if it isn't there, they take it. I have seen sims ASSUME rights in the throne room which they had never been invited to use, take, lay on, etc. I have had uninvited sims try and sleep in his bed, and that is a HUGE NO NO.

LOL, I think sometime soon, I may return for at least one ambition where I do not use some or all of Testing cheats just to see if I can still reach Platinum level without them. Like you mention money struggles, I never have them since I use Motherlode in the command prompt which gives my monarch, or whomever other sim I am controlling 50,000 simoles. I will use it whenever I feel they need bucoo bucks. Each home in my estimation when first decorating needs at least 100,000 simoles, and so each sim after creation gets just that. You might like to try that cheat, so if you have your testingcheats enabled in your game, you just need to hold down Ctrl+Shift+C and the command prompt windows will pop up on the top of your screen, then type out "motherlode" without the parentheses and press enter, and whichever sim your are controlling will have 50,000 simoles!

Thanks for replying Rory. I know it was a bit long for a few people who I guess do not care for reading to get through to the end word, but this was a big question in my mind for so long, and the need to be completely thorough was very high, in hopes that some might give some feed back on any similar events they may have had.

I truly am appalled that these two NPC's did what they did, as I had never experienced an uninvited NPC literally opening up ANY other sims larder who had not first been invited to home, or welcomed to home. I feel like none of my hero sims' homes are safe anymore. Now I am certain, that worse might become of any children of my sims, since the laws of the game default have been broken! That default being no uninvited NPC will invade such things in a sims home!

Something must have occurred in the kingdom that allowed these npc's to do such a gross thing, my only guess as to what, is that the ONE NPC Xylan did invite to home, perhaps used a method of gossip, which spread to some sims, and they therefore took it upon themselves to "borrow" the welcome to home invitation. Similar had occurred when my blacksmith Qyall Quartz got up from the operating table with his nightshirt still on, a slip of my hand on my mouse did that, and afterwords, sims all over the kingdom mocked, laughed at, and booed him, until we ended up murdering half of them in the Tavern, Doc Blade Bungle, and my bard Fable Storie teamed up together to enact this bloodbath. Poor Qyall had only been rescuing an innocent woman from a territory leaders cruelty, when this event took place, and the stupid awful npc sims ended up getting what they deserved! A harsh death under the guise of friendship and drink giving...we poisoned them all with Reaper's Scythe!

You see, Chickieteeta, once more Sim Gossip has reached my kingdom in a most elaborate way!

Xeny

PS Rory, you use SimRecruit's faster cooking with 3 day spoilage, but I use MoraelinTSM20Fastercooking 10xSpoil and it lasts longer than the 3. I have used both, and found this to be...true.

Quote:
Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must live.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Feb 2014 at 3:47 PM
PS Rory, you use SimRecruit's faster cooking with 3 day spoilage, but I use MoraelinTSM20Fastercooking 10xSpoil and it lasts longer than the 3. I have used both, and found this to be...true.[/QUOTE]

I'll try out the Moraelin mod and see what happens. Thanks for the info.