Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 3:59 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Unable to go to community lots in some towns
I've found myself unable to go to community lots in Veronaville and Belladonna Cove. I have no idea what is causing it and I'm not sure how to fix it. Does anyone now what it could be?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 11:55 AM
What happens when you try?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 4:19 PM
It just gets stuck on the load-up screen and the actual lot never loads; sometimes I can hear music or other sounds coming off the lot but that is it
Mad Poster
#4 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 6:14 PM
Do you play with boolProp on? If not, try switching it on before you go to a lot and see if an error message pops up. You could have a bit of faulty content there and that'll help you identify it.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 5:38 PM
The boolprop worked; it identified the problem objects and I was able to get to the lot
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 2:52 AM
However, now I have a new problem; when I try to place magazine racks, video game racks or perfume displays, time on the lot freezes. What would be the cause of that?
Mad Poster
#7 Old 13th Mar 2014 at 2:07 PM
Chaos theory.

I had a timefreeze problem on vacation lots which turned out to be caused by Cyjon's "Slower LTA Gain," which (as he remarked) is kind of like all your lights going out when you flush the commode - slower LTA Gain doesn't have any code which should freeze the clocks. But the problem occurred when that was the only thing in the Downloads folder, and not when it wasn't present, so - there I was. And it doesn't do that for everybody so it must have been some idiosyncracy in my system, maybe a conflict with another hack that had a piece that didn't go in the Downloads folder, I dunno. In my new system, with a modified version that Cyjon supplied, it works fine.

I'm afraid the old 50/50 method's the only way to figure that one out.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)