Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 12:44 AM
Can I get your opinion on a Legacy Challenge issue?
It says in the rules it's okay to use Custom Content, as long as it doesn't give out an unfair advantage. I'm worried that this item might be cheating because it's very cheap to purchase ($350) and gives a lot of money if you sell it ($39,000). Or if you keep it, it's a really good price for a decent car, which might also be cheating.

As part of Roaring Heights, I got the Classic Fixer-Upper car which is a broken car that your Sims repair. I wasn't timing but I think it took my Sim (who isn't Handy) a few days to fix it. I'm not sure what the Speed is, I cannot find the info anywhere. I'm guessing 5 or 6 probably. Any idea if it's cool or not?

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 12:45 AM
Why not give it away as a present? (Assuming you have Generations, of course.)

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 1:19 AM
As far as speed is concerned, I think it is the slowest car in the game, slower than the cheap Sloppy Jalopy, might even be slower than a bicycle. I think I read somewhere that its actual speed rating is 18, while the Sloppy's is something around 30. You're certainly not giving yourself an advantage in this respect then. And a more expensive car parked outside also means higher bills. Does that count?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 4:41 PM
Also the Roaring Heights car isn't CC, it's official content.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2014 at 10:34 PM
@spladoum: I don't actually have Generations (yet), so gifting is not an option.

@babele44: You are right, I opened up the package file and it says the speed is 18. I don't know how to open up the Sloppy Jalopy package to compare.. So if we assume Sloppy Jalopy is 30 (or 3), then Fixer Upper is 18 (or 1.8) ..?

Anyway, suppose I just sell it for $39,000 and buy a Kompensater or a Matea. Is the time spent fixing the car equal to the amount earned by selling it, or does this break the rules?

@Ketsu_sama: My mistake, I meant Store Content. I read somewhere that the Dragons weren't allowed because they gave an unfair Mood Stabilizers and were very easy to obtain. It was also mentioned that some of the Base Game LT Rewards are cheating too, like the Moodlet Ring.

Check out my Legacy Challenge:
Chapter 41: Do Babies Eat Sand?