Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 4:25 AM
Default Is the Blacksmith's Apprentice quest bugged?
Has anyone else had the problem where the 1st person goes to the blacksmith to apply to be his apprentice and offers to clean? Well, this guy just keeps cleaning and cleaning and my blacksmith can't talk to him about the job because that option never comes up after the guy starts cleaning and so my quest performance keeps declining because the quest can't continue ......I have no idea what to do now. I will probably have to quit the quest but I was wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 10:06 AM
Default Quest
It is part of the quest - he will continue cleaning for a day or so, and then you should be able to check up on him.
If this doesn't work I suggest restarting the game or quitting the quest, but it should be working normally.
Hope this helps
Instructor
#3 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 11:52 AM
In any case keep your hero's focus as high as possible, that should help with quest performance. I did the quest with no problem but this -SPOILER ALERT- first apprentice did clean for a loooong time (I think my blacksmith ate, slept and did many things in the meantime) but it's not the one you have to hire.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 4:09 PM
He finallllly stopped cleaning and I was able to talk to him and finish the quest.......thanks!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 5:40 PM
I wish to not have done this quest: that idiot apprentice is always on the forge, and sometimes when i'm forging, in hammering process, the idiot came and begin to forge on his own! I was ina delicate and long process with only four errors to remain in legendary quality and because of him i got 1 error, made me so nervous!
I were in a quest along with Monarch so i sent him to the pit: another one came! I don't want apprentice animore!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 8:56 PM
@Baiaana, I had the same problem until I added in a second forge/anvil. It helps a lot!

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
@Baiaana, I had the same problem until I added in a second forge/anvil. It helps a lot!

I have to try^^ thanks. It was so simple
Instructor
#8 Old 24th Apr 2011 at 10:45 PM
The apprentice is useful to keep the forge at a high temperature so the items come out with better quality, I think. Mine always moves away when my blacksmith has to work, though a second anvil might be a good idea.

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
#9 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Baiaana
I wish to not have done this quest: that idiot apprentice is always on the forge, [...]
I were in a quest along with Monarch so i sent him to the pit: another one came! I don't want apprentice animore!

I grew very fond of my apprentice once I added the second forge/anvil (I loved watching them working at the same time) but one day I decided to marry them off and she now does what useless NPC spouses do: leave the house all day long to god knows where.
No new apprentice showed up so far. While this saddens me deeply, it could be a solution for you !
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by happyopi
I grew very fond of my apprentice once I added the second forge/anvil (I loved watching them working at the same time) but one day I decided to marry them off and she now does what useless NPC spouses do: leave the house all day long to god knows where.
No new apprentice showed up so far. While this saddens me deeply, it could be a solution for you !

I'm glad you said something about this, my blacksmith's wife would run off for days at a time! And then show up at night when we was tired and hungry! I thought it was just a bum marriage, but then, the King's wife did the same thing!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 25th Apr 2011 at 5:40 PM
If only the Apprentice did what "RL" blacksmithing apprentices allegedly did:
Restock the coal when it runs low.