Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 3:54 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default TemplatePerson ID Showing Up In Hood Checker
Hello MTS, I've encountered another problem with a sim "Missing Character Files". This time it's the TemplatePerson from the objects.package:

[IMG][/IMG]

I know that it's the TemplatePerson from Googling the ID and pulling up a few results from making neighborhoods/clean templates. There wasn't a "fix" listed, considering those posting may have just restarted their projects, but is there a fix to this? I do have a recent backup (which may or may not contain the above mentioned sim), or would that be pointless?

Noteable Mention: This is the only Hood showing said error. After checking the other Hoods, they're all clear aside from some minor errors, which can be fixed easily.

Posting all generations of The Sims, from the first through the foruth.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 4:41 PM
It's not clear that it needs fixing. The TemplatePerson has been added to your neighborhood. Removing that sim could make things worse, depending upon how imbedded the sim has become.

This is just a warning that this sim does not follow the standard of having user data in the Characters folder. Are your object.package files read-only? If not, that's a good idea to prevent corruption of your installation files.

If you have a backup where the TemplatePerson is not in the neighborhood, you might want to consider whether losing a bit of gameplay is worth the extra security.

Any idea what happened in the game to add this sim to your hood?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 4:49 PM Last edited by Simmer9000 : 12th Mar 2014 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Ran HC on Backup #1/#2- Additional Info
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
It's not clear that it needs fixing. The TemplatePerson has been added to your neighborhood. Removing that sim could make things worse, depending upon how imbedded the sim has become.

This is just a warning that this sim does not follow the standard of having user data in the Characters folder. Are your object.package files read-only? If not, that's a good idea to prevent corruption of your installation files.

If you have a backup where the TemplatePerson is not in the neighborhood, you might want to consider whether losing a bit of gameplay is worth the extra security.

Any idea what happened in the game to add this sim to your hood?

My object.package files are not read-only, I could've sworn I had made them read-only. I am not sure what could have added the sim to the hood, I was just playing like normal, with caution to the actions I had done. I'll go add that back-up in and run that through the Hood Checker, to see if it doesn't include TemplatePerson. On the bright side, even if I haven't, I'll just loose a little progress as my backup is from two weeks ago of that Hood and I haven't played it too much recently.

EDIT: I ran the Hood Checker on the backup and it was void of the TemplatePerson. However, I do have a sim in the Hood made after the Backup. Would it be safe to extract his appearance to put back in? Or would it be better to recreate him back in the backup game?
object.package files will be changed to read-only.

EDIT #2: It's alright, the sim doesn't need to be saved (just recreated from step one in the backup) and the object.package files are now set to read-only.

Posting all generations of The Sims, from the first through the foruth.
Site Helper
#4 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 11:36 PM
Good. That sounds like you've got a good resolution, then.