Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 8:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Missing Memories...?
Hi,

My sim just got abducted by aliens.
I know, if he would come back, he would get the (Met Aliens) memory.

But during the abduction his son and wife didn't get the (Sim Got Abducted by Aliens) memory.
What went wrong?

Shouldn't they get a negative memory about that so is my neighbourhood corrupted?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 8:50 PM
Hm maybe its a bug or something sorry I wouldn't know
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 1:00 AM
Some times they do some times they don't, did any one get the memory other than the one that got abducted.

I have had household were only one other would get the memory and the rest would not.

Did any of them see him come back?

If I want them to get the memory I have them set down on chairs at the road side and wait and they all normally would get the memory.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 1:33 AM Last edited by Simmer9000 : 20th Mar 2014 at 1:54 AM. Reason: Typo. Just one annoying typo.
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
If I want them to get the memory I have them set down on chairs at the road side and wait and they all normally would get the memory.

I had a sim's brother wait for him like this and he didn't get it.

But in another hood, I had a sim get abducted but nobody got the memory on the lot, I added it in with SimPE. However, his son, who lives on another lot got the memory. I guess there's some disconnect somewhere for the parameters for the sims to get the memory.

Posting all generations of The Sims, from the first through the foruth.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 12:50 PM
Yes his wife and son saw him how he got abducted and returned back but they did not get the memory (sim got abducted by aliens).

The moving out solution could work but isn't there a mod that gives the sims that memory without moving?
I don't want to move his wife with his child into another lot. That would be sad...

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#6 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 1:22 PM
It shouldn't hurt anything to add it in SimPE, if it bothers you.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 5:35 PM
Yes, but it is annoying to quit the game and open SimPE after every abduction.

I would be grateful if there would be a mod that adds a memory after any abductions.

My Simblr
Site Helper
#8 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 5:24 PM
Are you sure that those memories are not being suppressed by some of your CC? I believe that the game generates those memories by default, which would make it unlikely that anyone would make a mod to generate them.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 7:44 PM
I tried it out, I removed the Downloads and SavedSims folder and started the game.
I created a new 'hood and a new family with 3 sims (mum, dad and child)

The mum got abducted by aliens and both got a negative after she was abducted.
When se came back, she got also a memory of that.

Thank you Mootilda, that worked.
This is a better method rather than editing the memories in SimPe.

But my question is, which CC prevents the game to generate those memories ('Sim Met Aliens' and 'Sim Got Abducted by Aliens')?
I mean which sort of CC hides those memories?

My Simblr
Site Helper
#10 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 10:44 PM
You should be able to find it using the 50-50 method.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 10:51 PM
What do you mean under 50-50 method?

Leaving without saving and try again?

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
What do you mean under 50-50 method?

50-50 means you take out half of your downloads and leave 50 (half) in. Then you test using this same cycle until you have a very small amount of CC in your downloads folder that could be causing the problem. (I should probably do this myself, seeing as I've had a similar problem).

Posting all generations of The Sims, from the first through the foruth.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 1:26 AM
In the future you may find this mod helpful. "Memory Manipulator" http://simmanipulator.forumotion.co...ory-manipulator

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#14 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 8:50 AM
Pheww, my downloads folder is HUGE.
I'm going to remove all mods and try it with custom walls, floors, hairstyles, eyes and so on...

My Simblr
Site Helper
#15 Old 21st Mar 2014 at 3:59 PM
That's why the 50-50 method is so good. A binary search is a very quick and efficient method for finding one file in a large number of files.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Mar 2014 at 9:28 PM Last edited by Jawusa : 24th Mar 2014 at 11:43 AM.
I did not work.

Nobody got a memory.
I removed the entire downloads folder and tried again.

Even without CC, that memory is missing.

Quote:
I tried it out, I removed the Downloads and SavedSims folder and started the game. I created a new 'hood and a new family with 3 sims (mum, dad and child) The mum got abducted by aliens and both got a negative after she was abducted. When se came back, she got also a memory of that. Thank you Mootilda, that worked. This is a better method rather than editing the memories in SimPe.

This was on an anygame with only Apartment Life and Mansion & Garden stuff but it doesn't work on an all eps game.

I read somewhere that the alien abduction has been changed (if you have Free Time installed)
Perhaps it has something to do with those hobby enthusiasms...

Anyway, I think Free Time broke that.
Is there a mod to fix that?
It has nothing to do with CC because it even doesn't work on a CC-free game...

EDIT:
I downloaded an alien abduction fix (debug get abducted and memory) hack and now it works with Free Time.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F

The name of the hack is 'debugabductfix'
It also works with all my CC and hacks.

My Simblr