Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 6:16 PM
Default What do you guys think of this buildings facade??
Hey guys, so im working on this pretty large luxury home and im trying to make the facade look attractive. Heres a picture, feedback would be great and just let me know if theres anything I could improve on or if it looks good as it is. Thanks!

[IMG]http://thumbs.modthesims.info/getimage.php?thumb=1&file=1546249[IMG]
Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Jul 2015 at 11:51 PM
I think it looks really nice! One thing I'd change though is where the white section at the front meets the stone tower shape. Personally, I'd either change that right angle to a diagonal wall, or move the corner a tile to the left. Or possibly even move it over and make it diagonal. As it is right now the octagonal shape and the stone wall are being hidden, and it looks a little off.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
#3 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 12:25 AM
It's an interesting shape and I like the contrasts you've used with the stone and the plasterwork. However, I am not sure a brown roof shows off the structure to it's best advantage - personally I'd experiment with another colour, perhaps a grey roof? I like the idea of your planting but feel that you need to put some dirt under those lovely roses
Instructor
#4 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 1:32 AM
The tower/entrance part feels a bit lost, like Gingerxyz stated I feel like there is a roof bit missing? The part behind the stone entrance, with the fireplace, seems like it should have a gable roof that faces the side street, like the one that faces the front. That roof would definitely help nestle the the stone entrance tower back into the structure. Right now that octagonal roof is fighting with the roof and dormers of the angled garage behind (and not winning).

The white stucco and gray stone work wonderfully together. I would like to see more of the lovely blue shutters, like everywhere 'cept the front bay and the tower. The dark brown roof is a bit oppressive, and Thranduil's suggestion is excellent. I'd widen the front path--I would be afraid I'd be eaten by roses before I got to the door! I love the curves of the paths and drive now, continue to accentuate them with more landscaping.

I would like to see a screenshot of the garage side.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 1:51 AM
Yes there was a bit of the roof missing, i hadnt finished building it yet.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
The tower/entrance part feels a bit lost, like Gingerxyz stated I feel like there is a roof bit missing? The part behind the stone entrance, with the fireplace, seems like it should have a gable roof that faces the side street, like the one that faces the front. That roof would definitely help nestle the the stone entrance tower back into the structure. Right now that octagonal roof is fighting with the roof and dormers of the angled garage behind (and not winning).

The white stucco and gray stone work wonderfully together. I would like to see more of the lovely blue shutters, like everywhere 'cept the front bay and the tower. The dark brown roof is a bit oppressive, and Thranduil's suggestion is excellent. I'd widen the front path--I would be afraid I'd be eaten by roses before I got to the door! I love the curves of the paths and drive now, continue to accentuate them with more landscaping.

I would like to see a screenshot of the garage side.

Okay, ill post pics in a bit, but i gotta admit i dont think the garage side is the most attractive angle to look at the house. I wanted to experiment with different layouts and i guess i sacrificed the outside while doing so. Oh well
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 2:13 AM Last edited by natetheartist : 4th Jul 2015 at 2:28 AM.
Default Update:
Thanks for the grey roof suggestion! I think it helped improve its looks greatly. And as for the shutters, im concerned it might be overwhelming and look a little too american/colonially? Hopefully not though. And also here is the garage side, @cutsocks. and i might as well throw the downstairs layout in aswell.
Screenshots
#8 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 2:23 AM
I don't think I'm alone in disliking EA's standard brick coloured chimney, so I was wondering if you'd consider Armiel's CASt yourself a chimney mod?

In truth, I am naughty and use MoveObjectsOn and take away chimneys altogether (leaving behind just the fireplace) because I dislike them so much. Removing them doesn't interfere with the fireplace working at all - the only time it becomes an issue occasionally is when there has been a house fire, but that's all.

ps! I rather love the use of the shutters - It's great to see someone using them All I'd do is perhaps change their colour - but that's just my opinion on shutters

I love your diagonal garage!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
I don't think I'm alone in disliking EA's standard brick coloured chimney, so I was wondering if you'd consider Armiel's CASt yourself a chimney mod?

Good idea! ill check it out
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion

In truth, I am naughty and use MoveObjectsOn and take away chimneys altogether (leaving behind just the fireplace) because I dislike them so much. Removing them doesn't interfere with the fireplace working at all - the only time it becomes an issue occasionally is when there has been a house fire, but that's all.

ps! I rather love the use of the shutters - It's great to see someone using them All I'd do is perhaps change their colour - but that's just my opinion on shutters

I love your diagonal garage!

You know, the shutters have grown on me They do make a charming impression
Mad Poster
#11 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 4:16 AM
A small nitpick, but houses usually have some overhang or veranda over the door so that people fumbling for their keys don't get wet

Some examples to pull from here:
https://www.google.com/search?q=lux...ury+house+front

Looking good though!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 5:38 AM
Oh wow weird I already added that and thought it posted the photo! Mustve not uploaded or something. heres and update. I think it looks much better with the small porch
Screenshots