Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 6:13 PM Last edited by dutch : 27th Dec 2011 at 4:37 PM.
Default dutch's art thread :)
geez, corny title much.

Anyways, I've been painting here and there. Especially the last 3 days when I'm on a watercolor/Ellie Goulding trip (much like an acid trip, but more fanboy-like) and...yeah. Here they are:

Ellie Goulding

Jessie J

And a random Naruto
Advertisement
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 6:15 PM
LOVE <3 I wish I could paint like that, dear ^^

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 6:27 PM
Yayy thanks Nina
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 11:45 PM
And the newest one I just did
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2011 at 11:57 PM
Lovely use of colour, Dutch! I am envious of your use of watercolours- they are very hard to use, as you can't control the flow easily. Nice work!
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 12:02 AM
Thank you I was previously known (and criticized) for using watercolors the same way as other, less watery media and not making use of its flow. I'm just learning too I guess.
The other one
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 12:41 AM
I'm not very familiar with Ellie Goulding though I have seen her pic a couple of times but regardless, I love your work! Do you work in an artistic job? If not, you should

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 1:32 AM
Thank you. I've sold one or two things and done commissions but not as a working artist. But i hope i'll eventually get there, because it's how i'll be making a living.
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 2:07 AM
*squeels* I love them. Very pretty!! What kind of paint do you use? Water? I'm guessing oil, right?

EDIT

Ignore my question, I am very inatentive! I just noticed you said watercolour, so nevermind! Silly me. :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Jun 2011 at 3:11 AM
Thank you.

(And I have never actually tried oil before in my life. Will do that when I have enough money to get all the different colors and turpentine and related mediums)

Another Ellie Goulding painting I just did, based on the music video of her song 'The Writer'
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 3:32 AM
Haha I was wondering around MTS and I stumbled upon your thread and I'm glad I did. I love your use of watercolors and how realistic they look . I'm not an a fancy schmancy art critic but your art is amazing x).
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 9:54 AM
Thank you. I'd be slaughtered if you were a fancy schmancy art critic haha
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jun 2011 at 6:33 PM
I wouldn't go as far as too say that :p these look great! and I especially love your choice of subject matter (I love Ellie Goulding, Under the Sheets *.*) The vibrance you pull out is remarkable! I use watercolour too, and I've always been taught to go against the grain; so I say you're in good keeping. :]

Ohhai dere, Mr/Mrs.Signature reader ;D look at you, bein' all creeperish.
Instructor
#14 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 7:22 PM
I love how brave you are with your colours, makes the pictures look fantastic!
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Jun 2011 at 7:48 PM
Thank you.

I am currently creating a 12-page picture book about Ellie Goulding's life up till now (my own re-imagination, and contains deeper meanings than simply a biography of course) as part of a university project. Will get it done by next Tuesday and will definitely show (off to) you guys.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Jun 2011 at 3:21 AM
A cover I did with watercolors and black pen for my friend's first single (she's starting out as a singer)
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 9:43 AM
:0 AWSOME SAUCE im also an artist but well i suck and im only 16 :L http://flexi-joe.deviantart.com/ please go look and give me tips becuase i lvoe your work here !! time to +watch you !!
Test Subject
#18 Old 12th Jun 2011 at 11:57 PM
Wow! All of paintings look awesome! Keep 'em coming! :D
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 13th Jun 2011 at 12:23 AM
Here's more. This is the picture book I told you guys about. After reading from start to end, you guys can read backwards to the start (follow the panel numbering) and find that the story will still kinda make sense. I hope. :3

Lab Assistant
#20 Old 15th Jul 2011 at 12:18 PM
Wow, just wow!
Lovely use of watercolour.. its like i'm in the picture/scene. It's so moving like <3
The lineart is gorgeous.. everything's so nice and detailed.
I am going to stalk your dA for sure
Test Subject
#21 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 2:54 AM
The way you've managed to use water colours is awesome, i've had little next to no luck with water colours, I don't like how easy they are to mess around with and so I think these are amazing!
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 19th Jul 2011 at 3:36 AM
Thanks guys.
Also, was gonna post these a while ago but always forgot. First one in pencil, the other two are acrylic paintings, all on the theme of identity - self and society.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 11:12 PM
OMG, I adore your art! I'm gonna buy a print as soon as I get any money in my hands...

Lovin it!
Inventor
#24 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 11:41 AM
Oh wow,these are really great,the colours are so vibrant and realistic!
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Jul 2011 at 1:25 AM
Thank you.
Page 1 of 3