Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 1:55 PM Last edited by lauratje86 : 21st Jun 2015 at 3:15 PM.
Default WCIF An Invisible Floor Divider? [Created By OP]
I am looking for an invisible clone of the floor divider "fence". I think it came with Pets, perhaps? It comes in several (6?) colours in game - three wood and three metal, I think. I would like an invisible version to use to partition off outside space outside apartments, so that the game counts the garden area as part of the apartment but sims can still walk over the "dividing line" between the apartment's garden and the communal area. Hence why I'm not using an invisible fence, as sims can't walk through them.

I basically need something that the game will recognise as a border/edge, so that the apartment rezone cheat will work, but that sims can walk over. I'm absolutely certain that I had one before, but I can't remember where I got it from. Or did I make it myself? Not sure.

If anyone knows of anything I would really appreciate a link! :-)

**ETA** Never mind - it was something that I'd made for myself, and I found it in an old saved Downloads folder :-)
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 3:23 PM
You might consider making that available - I'm sure a lot of people would find that useful.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You might consider making that available - I'm sure a lot of people would find that useful.

Sadly I can't - I didn't manage to change the GUID properly, so it overwrites the (CC) floor divider that I used as a base :-( If I could work out how to fix that I would love to share it, it is very handy!
Theorist
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 12:50 AM
@ lauratje86, G'Day hun, was just reading this post I have and invisible divider, I made but never uploaded. As the divider is a fence you don't change the GUID, you do a straight clone. The only thing you change is the texture in the Texture Image (TXTR) and the stdMatAlphaBlendMode to blend in the Material Defination (TXMT). I also removed the shadows so they don't show. The down side is finding the divider again if you forget where you placed it. I am more than willing to help if you would like to do another one and upload it.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Instructor
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 1:44 AM
I'd personally find that very useful, as I've been looking for something similar for awhile now. Is it easy to do an invisible clone?

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Theorist
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 3:43 AM
@ lbsgirl24, It's very easy if you have some idea of what you are doing and know your way around SimPE. Sometimes it's better and safer to do an invisible recolour, depending on what it is and what you want to use it for.

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep