Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 6:53 AM
Default Default Replacement CAS parts?
I know that default replacement clothing, and what I need - accessories is possible, because I've seen it done before. But how is that possible. I know that you have to use CTU to do it, but I don't understand how to make a default replacement package of my item I made. Can anyone shed some light on how to make a default replacement accessory for The Sims 3?
Advertisement
Mother Function
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 7:06 AM
Psssssst! Check your inbox :D

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 7:44 AM
Oh Dal, I read the note in there, but that said I had to default replace just the RGB mask, which didn't work. So I'm currently testing if I need to put in the CASP as a default replacement as well, and see if that works. I knew it was trickier than just default replacing the RGB mask, since the .package has things like CASP, and VXPY, and other things in there. When I made the earrings in tsrw, I had to select channel B enabled, so I'm thinking that must be the extra thing that needs to be default replaced, whatever says channel B is enabled. Perhaps, it's an XML that needs it, I don't know.

Edit:

Nope default replacing just the CASP and the RGB mask doesn't work either, I'm at a loss...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 20th Aug 2010 at 9:34 AM
Just an idea:
Try to delete the cache files, especially CasPartCache.package
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2010 at 11:00 AM Last edited by joninmobile : 21st Aug 2010 at 11:10 AM.
I had a feeling that had nothing to do with it, and I was right, just deleting the CAS parts cache has no effect whatsoever, sorry.

I probably should tell everyone trying to help what I'm trying to do: I'm trying to make default replacement 2 channels instead of 1 for the pendant earrings for adult females. I've uploaded that as a non-default but got changes required asking to make it a default replacement. I've tried just about everything I know, I might just give up and ask them to reject it if it can't be a default replacement. If it was an object, I would have no problem, all you do is untick box rename/renumber internally in s3oc, but just my luck, I decided to tackle earrings. *sigh*
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 12:12 AM
Since the original earrings are one channel only, they probably use the stopgap one channel only mask - don't default replace this! Follow the instructions in my tutorial: Tutorial:Creating Default Replacements with CTUwiki to create a default replacement CASP for the item, then use either CTU or TSRW to add the new mask to the resulting .package file, just as if you were adding a mask to a new item. Note that while I know this process works in CTU, I don't know if it will work in TSRW - TSRW may reinstance the CASP, which would render it non-default. You'll probably have to CASt the earrings to get the dual channels to take effect ingame.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.