Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2014 at 12:43 PM
Default Gym
So, I made this giant-ass gym, mainly for my own use, but then I thought I'd share it. I knew it'd get changes required so I should have just posted here first (sorry moderators!). Anyways, the biggest issue was empty space especially in the bottom floor. Which I mostly just filled up with benches and plants...and stuff.
Here is the outside:

Here was the 2nd floor before:

The first floor before:

Interior shots before:

The 2nd floor after:

The first floor after:

Interior shots after:

changes made:
- made a separate arcade room
- surfboards
- water slide
- added benches & plants to roller rink, as well as a disco light thing
- added benches and decor to the ice rink, as well as a disco light thing
- plants in front entrance
- mats in martial arts area
- a bit of rearranging to cafe area, plus more plants
- 'check-in' computer in front area
- rock walls not blocked off with wall, so Sims could theoretically look at rock climbers

Honestly I'm not even sure if it's improved a great deal. If anyone has tips on how to make it look better/more aesthetically pleasing/more realistic it would be appreciated. I'm not sure if the arcade thing was a good idea, or if there are too many plants, or if I need to do a bigger overhaul or what. But if anyone does have any constructive criticism it would be much appreciated.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th May 2014 at 7:56 AM
Don't know how much remodelling you want to do Effie, but if dead space is a problem, you could always knock out the bottom left corner of the building (and the second swimming pool) and shift your basketball court there or turn it into a garden.

You could also do some more cutting out of the second floor like you have around the stairwell to the ground, but your interiors look fine as they are to me.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2014 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
Don't know how much remodelling you want to do Effie, but if dead space is a problem, you could always knock out the bottom left corner of the building (and the second swimming pool) and shift your basketball court there or turn it into a garden.

You could also do some more cutting out of the second floor like you have around the stairwell to the ground, but your interiors look fine as they are to me.

Thanks. I kind of want the two pools because I want one for regular swimming and the other for the surfing. I may just try resubmitting as is today and see how it goes.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com