Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 9:04 PM
Default Unwrap
How is it when it comes to the isms 3 meshe's Unwrap - I been looking at them by the CTU and every mesh seems to have unwrap exactly at the same spot. Since I been doing some major changes into one sim cloth mesh And the unwrap should be fixed now, does it matter if it's not exactly indentical with the sims type or what is the rule with the Unwraps with sims anyway?
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 11:32 PM
There are two important things to remember when mapping clothes:

Firstly, different parts of the texture correspond to different parts of the sim's completed outfit - ingame, the game creates a compositor texture for each sim which includes shoes and all clothes on the same texture. So if you map, say, your tshirt in such a way that it uses some of the texture area usually used for bottoms, the sim's trousers will be overlaid with your shirt texture ingame. Similarly, if you map part of a dress to the shoes area, the sim's shoes will have dress texture. Accessories and hairs have separate textures.

Secondly, the skintone has a fixed map, but when mapping clothes you are also mapping the areas of the mesh which should only display skintone. If you map the leg of a clothing mesh to anywhere other than where EA maps their legs, then the sim's leg will display the wrong part of the skintone ingame.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.