Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 12:49 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets
Sims 3 WA France Crashing at Loading Screen
The first time i sent my Sims to France it worked fine... The second time I tried the loading screen shows up and the suddenly the game stops working and crashes. I sent him back to China (his visa level is 3) and it works fine. I loaded a previously saved game and France loads fine on it too.

Can anyone please help me in figuring out how to get France to work? I have removed traveldb but its no use. I would be really happy if you can help me get it to work.

If it matters i got Pets
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 2:15 PM
Has anyone had the same problem? I really want to visit France again with my sims... But it just won't load... and this is supposed to be my legacy family
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 6:43 PM Last edited by cevanna : 2nd Nov 2012 at 7:53 PM. Reason: new information
I haven't tried on other vacation worlds but France crashed for me too yesterday.
:/
Have you patched to 1.42?

Edit: I found out that travelling has been broken for a new patches now. Nraas Traveler has been recommended to me so I'll see if it fixes the problem.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 8:55 PM
Default France Crashing [SOLVED]
I finally figured something out.... and... it worked.... so far...

I went to: C:\Users\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

Then, in the search bar i typed FRANCE

I got a bunch of files.... some of them were package files whiles others were readme files.

Whatever appeared on the search screen was highlighted, cut and then put on to another drive. (you can use an external drive too)

After that I restarted Sims and it worked fine.

IMPORTANT
I don't understand technical issues. I did the above steps out of complete desperation cause I wanted to visit France to collect grapes.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 2nd Nov 2012 at 9:19 PM
Every world you travel to have some of it's info saved in the save one use.
So what you did is removed that info, which makes the game treat the world as if you have never been there.

An easier and proberly safer way is just to remove the France.nhd & France_***ExportDB.package files (so for the other vacation town remove the files with there name) from the save one use.

I want my Space Pony title back.. why was it there such a short time..