Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 12:41 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Missing .DBC Files that were never installed!!!!
[QUOTE]I looked all over the internet and not yet anyone has a single thread on this issue. I installed my game and for some reason, all of my .dbc files are missing! Because of this, I can not get any of my hacks or other custom content to work. I put them all in the proper places as directed with each item or mod and I kept searching and I got this page: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...=382520#Missing
But the issue is that I don't have any .dbc files at all!
Furthermore, I have the CDs of base game and WA. I tried using Awesomemod, but it also doesn't show up. I thought it would solve my no CD issue because my DVD drive takes 4 tries to get it to read the disc every time I try to load the game. However, even that isn't working! I never deleted these files, so WTF why didn't they get installed with the game?
I have even reinstalled the game to get the files back and they never were created again. So now what do I do about my DBC files?

I purposely did not post this on MATY because I know they won't actually help, they'll just poke fun at whatever it is.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 12:46 AM Last edited by Okalanit : 12th Feb 2013 at 3:26 AM. Reason: Wouldn't let me type anything the first time!
I went back to see if there was any new files and I noticed that there is a new file called dcdb0.dbc. I sure hope this file will work once I copy and paste it in the proper place. I will edit this post later and let you all know if & when I figured it out!

I ended up registering with the original site to get my riverview file. Unfortunately, the other one I found on the net was not proper. And also this has created tension between me and my mother, considering these discs are her property.

However, I finally got my file and found out that I was suppose to have a mods folder in the programs folders of TS3! And I was like, "WTF? People were telling my to put it in my documents folders!" So anyways, I copied my mods folder and put it in the programs/eaxis folder/sims 3. I am about to test run this and I sure hope this works because I bet JM Pescado would have killed me for even registering at their site because I know their spyware crap!
With base game of TS3, I had partial content showing up and that's it.
With WA, I had none, not even Awesome Mod was working.
If this last part fails, I will just delete all custom content and just play vanilla, trying to figure out how I am gonna come up with the money to replace my mom's discs.
Site Helper
#3 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 3:05 AM
Those files are created from installed sims3packs. (I believe the letters stand for Downloaded Content DataBase.) If you have hacks, they are (or had better be) package files. SO even if you get that file working you're going to need to find out what happened to your Mods folder and its contents. If Awesome Mod wasn't showing up, then the Mods folder was in trouble before this started.

I suggest going through http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...p:GCCTSU3_Start to work on why your CC isn't showing up. (And yes, you need to check on Package files not showing up as well as your dbc files. Awesome Mod is a Package file, and the method for installing package files that is listed at MATY is out of date now. )

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 3:29 AM Last edited by Okalanit : 12th Feb 2013 at 6:41 AM.
Quote:
Those files are created from installed sims3packs. (I believe the letters stand for Downloaded Content DataBase.) If you have hacks, they are (or had better be) package files. SO even if you get that file working you're going to need to find out what happened to your Mods folder and its contents. If Awesome Mod wasn't showing up, then the Mods folder was in trouble before this started.

I suggest going through http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...p:GCCTSU3_Start to work on why your CC isn't showing up. (And yes, you need to check on Package files not showing up as well as your dbc files. Awesome Mod is a Package file, and the method for installing package files that is listed at MATY is out of date now. )

Thanks for the info, that sure helped. I just wish there was an alternate solution to registering with the original site!
I'll be back to let you guys know if my new file riverview made it work!

I just got done with doing a test run and no, my Custom Content is still not working! _-_
I know there is another way! I even started a new game and no CC is showing up in CAS.
I ran it again and found that I have a new file added. This time, it created a second dbc file and underneath the name, it says, "EBC" instead of DBC. So should I delete the DBC file and keep the EBC file or keep them both?
I don't know how the file is suppose to look like in order to make it accept both DBC and EBC, but this is what it looks like in case you see something wrong with it:

Priority 500
DirectoryFiles Mods/Files/... autoupdate
PackedFile Mods/Packages/Mods/DCCache/*.dbc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/Mods/DCCache/**.ebc
PackedFile Mods/Packages/***.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/****.package
PackedFile Mods/Packages/*****.package

And I saved as and told it all files to get it properly saved.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 12th Feb 2013 at 9:06 AM
Oh, wait, you're putting your dbc and ebc files in Mods/Packages? Is CC that has been installed through the Launcher not showing up in-game? Is it being automatically uninstalled while you're playing?

dbc files contain your custom sims3pack content. ebc files contain your sims3pack content from the Sims 3 Store. Downloading Store stuff from somewhere other than the Store is piracy, so you'll know not to try that again.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj

Thanks for all the help! It's been a while, but it turns out, that my copy of WA was corrupted somehow. Even with the patch, it would mess up. Now I am borrowing someone else's copy and it works just fine. (Even though it was downloaded through an Origin account.)