Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#8776 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 1:26 AM Last edited by Mammal : 29th Sep 2014 at 6:40 AM.
Yeah, post-Generations, I've had most teens get the Celebrity perk without trying because the game automatically meets all the kids in their clubs.

EDIT: a couple odds n' ends from my latest play session.

Sim laptops have the track pad and mouse located behind the keyboard.

The fucking gnomes can turn the TV on.

Is there a mod to disable gnomes? Because they're annoying and I hate them.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Advertisement
Alchemist
#8777 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mammal
Yeah, post-Generations, I've had most teens get the Celebrity perk without trying because the game automatically meets all the kids in their clubs.

I always noticed this track pad thing and it always made me giggle.

I collect gnomes but I don't want them to scatter all over the house, so I keep them inside a chest. But that's just me.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#8778 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 2:28 PM

Dunno about disabling them, but NRaas Overwatch can be set to delete all gnomes once a night. So on my lot, eh 1-2 gnomes spawn each day, and at 3 AM they're automatically taken to the pier by the gnome mafia and fit into cement shoes. Works for me.

And you should probably use Overwatch anyway, so it saves you from finding an extra mod.
Forum Resident
#8779 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 4:12 PM
Thanks for the tip. I've already got Overwatch, I'll have to go through the settings to find the 'gnome murder' option next time I play.

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Lab Assistant
#8780 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 5:27 PM
I noticed that every time my sim couple had another baby (we're on number five now) a gnome shows up in the yard. Even though they're loaded, gnomes annoy me so I sell them. Does this happen all the time or am I getting gnomes everywhere because of a glitch?
Scholar
#8781 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 5:34 PM
My sim is not much into babies, so I wouldn't know about those, but, as I was just saying, 1-2 gnomes spawn on her lot EVERY FRIKKEN DAY. At one point it looked like there was a Bucktooth Butternut convention in the backyard, presumably because of the large garden with lots of vegetables, with a respawning vampire gnome thrown in the mix. For a while I sold them, and really it was pretty good income, but then it got repetitive. Screw 'em. Let Overwatch delete 'em.
Scholar
#8782 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 8:31 PM
BTW, in case anyone was curious, that option does not delete the "Magic Gardening Gnome" on this site. Just the ones spawned by the game itself.
Mad Poster
#8783 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 9:49 PM

I actually know someone IRL that had a laptop like that so the design isn't that odd. This was a good ten years ago though.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Scholar
#8784 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:59 AM
That if you use master controller to add the unexpected weight gain moodlet to a teen male fairy sim post abduction, everything will proceed normally, up to the point where he's supposed to give birth. At that point, the countdown on the moodlet will get stuck at 1 minute, and stay that way, possibly for eternity, while the poor boy waddles around trying to go about his life. Damn.

Didn't really expect it to work, but it was worth a shot.

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Inventor
#8785 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:29 AM
That sims can smoke and drink at the same time. :lovestruc
Screenshots

Quote:
Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.

- poof gone -
Banned
#8786 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:38 AM

i sell them. they are worth 1000 bucks. good bye gnome.
Banned
#8787 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gingerxyz
That if you use master controller to add the unexpected weight gain moodlet to a teen male fairy sim post abduction, everything will proceed normally, up to the point where he's supposed to give birth. At that point, the countdown on the moodlet will get stuck at 1 minute, and stay that way, possibly for eternity, while the poor boy waddles around trying to go about his life. Damn.

Didn't really expect it to work, but it was worth a shot.

tried master controller and didn't find anything really useful. nraas overwatch is much better.
Banned
#8788 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:54 AM
all my sim does is "boast about gaming skills" or "berate ignorance". gets annoying.
#8789 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 8:08 AM
Not really new discoveries... I just had a time to post here.

Sims faking their eating?
Nope, it's just an another EA's lazy day. Put attention reaaaaally close to what Sims eating... Ice cream inside package will not vanish after Sims finish eating it.

If your two Sims couple has a "Juiced" moodlet together, then you try ordering them to do "Juiced Woohoo" but unfortunately there is no double bed available.. The "Juiced Woohoo" interaction will be replaced by ordinary "Juiced make out". Even though there is a shower available as a Woohoo spot...

Oh look, birdies!!

Your Sim just had an successful protest from Rebel interaction, she got a 2D balloon afterwards!
-With a bonus clipping hand position holding the balloon string -

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Alchemist
#8790 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 10:22 AM
Inside the volcano on Sunlit Tides, there are random romantical objects hidden

Maybe because the EP is new to me, but the '' throw stuff at stage '' interaction is really lame, all you see is that fruit/vegetable/flower the sim throws, but it does not end up on stage and the performer does not give a crap
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#8791 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 11:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
My sim is not much into babies, so I wouldn't know about those, but, as I was just saying, 1-2 gnomes spawn on her lot EVERY FRIKKEN DAY. At one point it looked like there was a Bucktooth Butternut convention in the backyard, presumably because of the large garden with lots of vegetables, with a respawning vampire gnome thrown in the mix. For a while I sold them, and really it was pretty good income, but then it got repetitive. Screw 'em. Let Overwatch delete 'em.
That says more about you than about the game, because the Bucktooth Butternut gnome is not attracted by gardens but is highly likely to spawn every time your Sims have sex in spring.
Alchemist
#8792 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden

You mean this?

Some said it was an Easter egg intended for the most dedicated fan in the official forum (guess who). The bear rug reappeared in Aurora Skies hospital.

Maybe because the EP is new to me, but the '' throw stuff at stage '' interaction is really lame, all you see is that fruit/vegetable/flower the sim throws, but it does not end up on stage and the performer does not give a crap

The game doesn't run smoothly in my game, so sometimes the stuff ends up in my Sim's hand or in the mid-air... But I'm very sure if your computer is good enough, it will land properly on the performer. But yeah, the performer actually isn't affected, but IIRC the stuff will appear in their inventory.

Just call me Nikel
Lab Assistant
#8793 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 2:07 PM
@Bloodyscholastic - Juiced woohoo can be really frustrating. Usually, one of the sims has lost their "juiced" moodlet by the time they actually get to a bed. Maybe if it didn't take two freaking hours for the interaction to play out...
Mad Poster
#8794 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 4:57 PM

If you Simport with another player, any items you throw at their Sim can be taken home in their inventory and vice versa. Even if the animation doesn't look all that convincing.

Scholar
#8795 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sirvino
tried master controller and didn't find anything really useful. nraas overwatch is much better.

I don't understand this reply??? Master Controller and Overwatch have completely different functions. I have both. I find them both very useful for completely different things. Why are we comparing them at all???

no power in the verse can stop me
ge smak daun, gyon op nodotaim
jus nou drein jus daun
Lab Assistant
#8796 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 11:35 PM
I haven't played in Oasis Landing all that much, and I discovered this guy when I sent a sim of mine there today.

This made my day! Emit was already an obvious Back to the Future reference, but I hadn't seen "Marty" before.
Mad Poster
#8797 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheezey
[snip]
This made my day! Emit was already an obvious Back to the Future reference, but I hadn't seen "Marty" before.

Emit Relevart, the time traveler's name, is Time Traveler spelt backwards.

Lab Assistant
#8798 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 12:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Emit Relevart, the time traveler's name, is Time Traveler spelt backwards.

Yes, but he is also made to look a bit similar to Doc Brown with that crazy hair. I also tend to pronounce Emit's name in my head like "Emmett" as opposed to "emit" like the verb, but that might be because I've seen Back to the Future many times. I figured they just did a double time travel reference with him.
Mad Poster
#8799 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:06 AM
That you can convince your love to break up with their lover, albeit you risk angering their lover.

I.e. Dana Carvey convinces my simself to dump Alice Cooper. Alice is angry with Dana.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#8800 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheezey
I haven't played in Oasis Landing all that much, and I discovered this guy when I sent a sim of mine there today.

So they wear life preservers in the future?

(Another BTTF reference!)

Even without your having moused over him, that's a dead ringer for Marty McFly.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Page 352 of 490