Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 8835 (Who?), Viewed: 1130881 times.
Page 354 of 354
Top Secret Researcher
#8826 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:27 AM
That when you hire a maid, she strictly works for 2 hours then leaves. She'll pick up all the dirty clothes and put them in hampers, wash the dishes, clean the tubs and sinks, makes the bed, mops the floors if there is a puddle or three but never ever cleans the toilet. My first maid ever in TS3 and I hired her tonight. At least she shows up everyday - 11 a.m. and works until 1 p.m. then leaves. Are butlers any better?

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg

You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand
Mad Poster
#8827 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisfyre
That when you hire a maid, she strictly works for 2 hours then leaves. She'll pick up all the dirty clothes and put them in hampers, wash the dishes, clean the tubs and sinks, makes the bed, mops the floors if there is a puddle or three but never ever cleans the toilet. My first maid ever in TS3 and I hired her tonight. At least she shows up everyday - 11 a.m. and works until 1 p.m. then leaves. Are butlers any better?
Well, butlers live with you and only stop doing those butlery things when they need to take care of their needs. They are treated as a permanent visitor or roommate you cannot control.
But for your maid leaving after exactly 2 hours, that is kind of odd. Mine sometimes stay until much later in the afternoon and, as far as I recall, everything that is still dirty when she leaves will be automatically cleaned then anyway.
Top Secret Researcher
#8828 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Babilon
Well, butlers live with you and only stop doing those butlery things when they need to take care of their needs. They are treated as a permanent visitor or roommate you cannot control.
But for your maid leaving after exactly 2 hours, that is kind of odd. Mine sometimes stay until much later in the afternoon and, as far as I recall, everything that is still dirty when she leaves will be automatically cleaned then anyway.

Watched her for a full sim week and she showed up like clockwork 11 a.m. and anything not cleaned up by 1 p.m. was left undone as she left. She was actually holding dirty clothes to throw in the hamper. When the clock struck 1, she dropped it on the floor and left. It was funny and annoying at the same time. As I said, this is my first maid ever. I had never hired one from launch day until last night. I might want to try a butler for the first time too.

Forum Resident
#8829 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 5:46 PM
That if you leave your houses with a laundry machine unattended for too long, giant piles of clothes will start appearing everywhere.
Top Secret Researcher
#8830 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 6:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord St.Croix
That if you leave your houses with a laundry machine unattended for too long, giant piles of clothes will start appearing everywhere.

I need to try this one!!

Forum Resident
#8831 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 6:42 PM
Babysitters only work if you're watching your house, nothing new, I just thought people should know.

"It's said war - war never changes. Men do, through the roads they walk. And this road - has reached its end" - Ulysses, Fallout New Vegas
Grand Theft Auto: Online Realistic Role Play http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=537685
Lab Assistant
#8832 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 9:26 PM
I learned that there is apparently some weird bug that makes clothing take on skin textures rather than fabric textures, thereby making your Sim look like a Buffalo Bob serial killer.

WTF?
Mad Poster
#8833 Old 21st Oct 2014 at 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by candyapplegirl
I learned that there is apparently some weird bug that makes clothing take on skin textures rather than fabric textures, thereby making your Sim look like a Buffalo Bob serial killer.

WTF?

I had that happen with a female crop top and just assumed the top was borked. Made my sim look like she was wearing a plastic breast plate taken off a sex doll. But if it also randomly happened to your male coat outfit, there might be something else borking up content, and it's not content specific.

That's kinda concerning. Not even sure how to troubleshoot that weird one. If it really happens randomly, even swapping stuff in and out might never reveal the source.
Test Subject
#8834 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 3:28 AM
so I learned that if your sim is destined to die let it happen.... got caught of fire at his friends party (his friend actually yelled at him to leave for being rude even with a huge fire in the house!) he then was struck by lighting the next day and then two days later while fishing I was ignoring him till the screen pulled me over there to show grim pulling his ghost from underneath a giant meteor.... so i put his remains in a treasure chest, and am not going to resurrect him

also I learned that even the ai sims will dive in the dumpsters, I thought only yours could

and sometimes the genetics does not make any sense: a woman on the normal skin bar+ a man on the green skin bar= a little purple boy on the pastel rainbow skin bar!!!! he does have his hair color and eye shape, and her eye color and ears so far,

delivered by my carrier pigeon, Jim Geom.
Theorist
#8835 Old 22nd Oct 2014 at 6:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mon1496
and sometimes the genetics does not make any sense: a woman on the normal skin bar+ a man on the green skin bar= a little purple boy on the pastel rainbow skin bar!!!! he does have his hair color and eye shape, and her eye color and ears so far,

Perhaps the green Sim is actually using the rainbow skin bar?

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#8836 Old Today at 3:53 AM
Well um.. I discovered that the man my sim was best friends with and then turned love interest was married to a child sim.... awkward o.O
So yea, my sim was in Oasis Landing with her son and some guy randomly came over. She never met him before, but apparently the did I guess because they were already friends. It was weird. Anyway, she wasn't attracted to him, but they were best friends and when she turned into a toad (also weird LOL) he gave her a kiss to break the curse. After that she really saw how great he was and asked him to break up with his wife/fiancee I don't know what she was. Anyway, when he moved in I checked on his family tree and friendships. He has a teen daughter, but his wife was a child sim. I was really confused for a minute. LOL
This is why I was never fond of TS3, so much weird sh*t happens. And my sims stay in the future mostly, because their hometown back in Midnight Hollow is overrun with sims that have really strange genetics (odd colored hair like bright orange or neon yellow and strange eyes). I think they're all some alien mutant crossbreed. I don't really know... LOL
So yea that's what I discovered today playing the Sims 3!

You can't be brave if you've only had wonderful things happen to you. -Mary Tyler Moore
Page 354 of 354

Section jump